Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are the odds that Fire Emblem Switch isn't going to be a Weeb Trap

Glaucon

Prophet
Honest question. I really want to love this series again, but I don't feel like shipping anime characters.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Honest question. I really want to love this series again, but I don't feel like shipping anime characters.

Weeb waifu shit apparently, and unironically, saved the franchise from ending in a dust bin so I imagine chances of them foregoing that aspect are slim. Hell, you just have to look at what people are raving about over in FE Heroes to get a good feeling what that particular fanbase has turned into.

Tigranes

Arcane
You must suffer through the weeb to bask in turn based combat. It is the way of the world.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The only positive thing it has going for it so far is not having the godawful Awakening/Fates artist. But since Awakening essentially saved the series and the phone game has made the most money out of all titles, I highly doubt we'll be getting anything particularly good again.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I heard the FE games have some weird dating/relationship nonsense in them.

Is this true? I only ever played two but (one on GBA and one on Gamecube) but I don't remember relationship Bioware shit.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, but you can ignore it. It's basically an extension of the compatibility mechanic to give your dudes bonuses & genetically engineer offspring units.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I heard the FE games have some weird dating/relationship nonsense in them.

Is this true? I only ever played two but (one on GBA and one on Gamecube) but I don't remember relationship Bioware shit.

Those had them, but in order to trigger them you needed to have pairable character end their turn next to each other for ridiculous amount of times.
Fates on the other hand has animated head-patting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom