Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We need NO buttons except for the brofist.

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

TripJack

Hedonist
if anything we need more buttons

Walden

Savant
Codex should open a shop with brofist coins:
-100 brofists to unlock a smile;
-125 for a codexian troll;
-20 for a 18h 3x brofistist multiplier;
-1000 to change the username;
-25 to change avatar;
and so on.

If you open a thread you lose 5 brofists if there are <8 other people replies in a day, but if you gain at least 6 brofists but have less than 8 replies you can make a (bugged) saving throw.
jcd is the only person who can steal brofists and convert them in shitfists, instruments of abysmal power.

Ahh, and P2P(Pay 2 Post) mechanics as well.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The buttons are an entertaining feature. They are a little useless in the context of the Politics sub forum because they enable people to "argue" about politics without producing arguments but this isn't specifically a Political forum. The new currency also prevents certain people (Infinitron) from harvesting all of the approval rating by virtue of the position they occupy.

I do sometimes miss the good old fashioned bro fist system though. It had a charming simplicity, and when you overlook the brofist whales, it was pretty competitive.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Codex should open a shop with brofist coins:
-100 brofists to unlock a smile;
-125 for a codexian troll;
-20 for a 18h 3x brofistist multiplier;
-1000 to change the username;
-25 to change avatar;
and so on.

If you open a thread you lose 5 brofists if there are <8 other people replies in a day, but if you gain at least 6 brofists but have less than 8 replies you can make a (bugged) saving throw.
jcd is the only person who can steal brofists and convert them in shitfists, instruments of abysmal power.

Ahh, and P2P(Pay 2 Post) mechanics as well.
:keepmyjewgold:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The buttons... oh my god. They sexually arouse me. They keep me up at night, standing hard and tall like an American monstrosity made of steel and glass. Oh yes. I have a button fetish, and have no problem admitting to such.

I often just enter threads and give people ratings randomly. It's... order, it's balance. It's justice. For who is more impartial than the die?

You are all thralls to my superior will. I love you like a little boy loves his ant farm. Bow to me, my children. Bow and die.

Sodafish

Arcane
The buttons are cancer. I block them all with ublock.

It was much better with just brofist. If people insist on having a negative rating to balance it out then add a broslap button or smth.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
The buttons are cancer. I block them all with ublock.

It was much better with just brofist. If people insist on having a negative rating to balance it out then add a broslap button or smth.

cuck.png

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I got a question. If I'm talking about something saying it's shitty and someone uses the decline button on my message, what do they mean? Are they agreeing with me? Or are they saying I am the decline?

whatevername

Arcane
Congratulations for destroying the Codex with the retarded button fiesta. I remember when this shit used to come up and I was "oh great, time to have another vacation from the Codex until they get back to their senses and remove this shit again". I've been noticing how recently the quality of the discussions in many of the gaming forums has nosedived and one of the biggest reasons is the presence of the Biowarian AWSHUM BUTTONS we now have permanently.

Hey, a post I disagree with! Let me just shut down my brain and
rating_prosper.png
decline.png
sheep.png
cuck.png
rating_retarded.png
rating_shit.png
hurr durr. PRESS X TO ANSWER THREAD.

And the 'positive' buttons are no better with most if not all being useless repetitions that were perfectly synthesized in the Brofist. "Agree", why the fuck there's an AGREE button, just use the brofist. Incline? Use the fucking brofist! Thanks, prestigious, salute? BROFIST IT GODDAMNIT.

"What the fuck am I reading" is one of the ultimate proofs of this massive decline. The thing was already a smile, but hey, you had to quote the post and use the smile as an answer, maybe even - God forbid - write something, now you can PRESS X TO REPLY.
Edit: salute, prestigious, excited and negative also fit here too.

Remember the good days when the Codex was text based? Before the "hey, let me express how I feel about this guy's post with a premade button instead of an actual reply I'll have to think about more than the thought process involved in scrolling my eyes through buttons and picking one"
If you don't want any buttons, start reporting everything and paste this in the reason for reporting
Who is the silly son of a goatfucker that couldn't afford condoms that moved this thread? I fart in your general direction, you stupid fatherfucking goat camel bottom wiper. You son of 10 thousand whores sick with AIDS, illegitimate spawn of Shaitan, may you get rabies transmitted by the legion of fleas infesting your crotch.
Anyway, that's how I got rid of the buttons.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh yeah the Billion Buttan March is super awesome. Make more. Also the shitbox is fantastic. Every forum needs a completely pointless chat room. The Codex isn't level-scaled to millennials enough, we need retweets and hash tags and whatnot.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The only button really needed is a self eject one, a discreet small one embedded in the post reply .

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to introduce quick-time events to the Codex.

Mash the AGREE button repeatedly if you're interested!

This place just keeps getting better and better. Progress cannot be stopped! Forward!

Severian Silk

I think we should go back to brofists because my anti-Trump postings in GD are getting too many bad ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weasel
Every time it seems likely DU is tiring of the button parade, a new butthurt thread emerges to encourage him in his rating endeavours, complete with angry posts from those who've blocked the ratings on their browsers so they can ignore them.

:hero:

Looks like another 6 months of the parade, then

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Every time it seems likely DU is tiring of the button parade, a new butthurt thread emerges to encourage him in his rating endeavours, complete with angry posts from those who've blocked the ratings on their browsers so they can ignore them.

:hero:

Looks like another 6 months of the parade, then
You're right, DU dindu nuffin, we should all be super friendly and let him assault people at new year's parties and pay him to live in our country. He's only doing it because of Western Imperialism and the iRaq after all and it's all because of right wing bigots that he keeps on doing it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom