Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime We Need a Mobile Phone/Tablet Forum

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay everyone, the jig is up. There are plenty of good games on phones and tablets by now. They're not all clickers and whatnot. Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, for example, is the most hardcore JRPG I've ever played. Nocturne on hard was easier.

That being said, nobody wants to fall behind. Games on mobile devices are only getting better and better. We all thought this sort of thing would be cool while we read our cyberpunk books in the 80s and 90s, and you are probably lying if you say otherwise. I'd almost bet my penis that Diablo 4 will be on phones. Almost. Not only that, but some badass Codexers like DavidBVal have proven that good RPGs can be made for mobile devices.

Make a damn forum for mobile device RPGs already. Please, Codex, don't be the next Blockbuster. Don't fade away..

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, I don't see a difference between a game that's plugged into a wall and one that's not. Dungeons and Dragons was a mobile game in the mid 70's you cunt.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
There is no difference between hating on mobile rpgs now and hating on computer rpgs in the early 80's. I get it. Losers see time as a real thing and get stuck in quicksand.

You can't break me on this. Every single one of you will be playing mobile RPGs in 10 years. It's not a style or a quality. It's just a technology. How many of you only play C64 games? Yeah, go fuck yourselves, hypocrites. You just want to stay in your safe space and see this site fail.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I think this is a good idea. Such a forum could be useful as a dumping grounds for thread about all games that are deemed insufficiently :obviously:, like the old console RPG forum was.

Morkar Left

Should that be similar to what the special olympics are to the olympic games?

I thought we have already enough categories where we could put games in e.g. you can post in general rpg discussion about a good tablet rpg. If the game is good it will most likely have pc port anyway (or even comes from there).

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, I don't see a difference
Yeah, you don't see many things faggot, for example that there isn't even a dedicated console subforum, or an apple subforum for that matter. Also the two existing noteworthy mobile games that haven't been ported to PC don't warrant a subforum on their own either.
Now kindly fuck off to kotaku or whatever that place is called these days, thanks.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Okay everyone, the jig is up. There are plenty of good games on phones and tablets by now. They're not all clickers and whatnot. Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, for example, is the most hardcore JRPG I've ever played. Nocturne on hard was easier.

To my shame, I played this game for some period of time, which is how I know you're trolling. I don't call setting up macros on an android emulator to run 12h a day in order to get affinity skills, hardcore. It is the most 'second job' gacha game I had the misfortune to become mildly addicted to.

Thankfully, I got incredibly lucky and pulled two A2's on the Nier event so basically won the game and lost interest.

The only reason to game on a phone or tablet are emulators. Well, that and Buriedbornes. (Nm the absolutely terrible name, it is actually a good timewaster that isn't a gacha.)

Sentinel

Arcane
I don't give a fuck about the retarded shit you said about mobile games but I wouldn't mind a mobile layout for the site. Doubt anyone wants to pay for that shit though.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't give a fuck about the retarded shit you said about mobile games but I wouldn't mind a mobile layout for the site. Doubt anyone wants to pay for that shit though.

Actually this is a good point. The codex needs responsive front-end asap.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Here's what it feels like when I try to play a game on my smartphone:

c8981dd1d629795b4d74e859c7fd0f57.jpg

Sentinel

Arcane
NO. I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF WEBSITES BEING DESIGNED FOR MOBILE PHONES AND TABLETS. FUCK OFF. I DO NOT WANT INFINITE SCROLLING AND GIANT FUCKING ICONS ALL THE OVER PLACE. DIE
You can have 2 versions of the site retard. If the page detects you're on a mobile device it defaults to mobile layout.
Or they could just do an RPG Codex app.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
There are bosses in FFBE that take hours to beat and require good strategy and patience. Doesn't matter who you pull and in fact you can win these fights with loser characters if you're good enough. Nobody "won" the game by pulling anything. Go ahead and post screen shots of you beating the Fallen boss fights if you want to prove you're not full of shit. You can't. Everyone of you shitting on me is full of shit because you haven't actually tried to play a good phone game for any length of time.

Yeah, I play Buriedbornes. It's good, but gets repetitive. It also mostly boils down to luck in that game, far, far more than in FFBE. Like, I've played about 100 hrs of BB, and 1500 hrs of FFBE (mostly at work). I know what I'm talking about.

Also, I just found this new mobile game that sums up this thread really well...

NSFW

Last edited:

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Please list the mobile games that are actually good. If there is enough of those, and if they pass my personal inspection, I will add a mobile gaming subforum
to prosperland

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Exiled Kingdoms
Dungeons of Chaos
Buriedbornes

Those are the only 4 RPGs I would call good out of the many dozens I've played, but I think this number will increase greatly in short order. There's probably about 5 or 6 that just missed the cut too as far as I'm concerned.

I've only played about 15 minutes of Cunt Wars so that's still up in the air.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
NO. I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF WEBSITES BEING DESIGNED FOR MOBILE PHONES AND TABLETS. FUCK OFF. I DO NOT WANT INFINITE SCROLLING AND GIANT FUCKING ICONS ALL THE OVER PLACE. DIE
What's the matter, are you some loser stuck with functional layouts that are efficient and usable or some shit? Fuck you, HTML5 video of particle effects in the background, minimum 6 banner ads, everything slides around and a single page takes up 500mb of RAM.
Web 3.0: Eat shit and die.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
I remember back in the day when RUN magazine was a mobile device. You would take it to a friend's house and program the game printed within directly onto a Vic 20. Monster in the Marsh was pretty cool. It was no Cunt Wars, mind you, but it had the basics of a mobile game. At least in 1984 it did.

250px-RUN_Premiere_Issue.png

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

What's the matter, are you some loser stuck with functional layouts that are efficient and usable
Mobile layouts are more functional, efficient and usable, than old-school layouts from the nineties with thirteen tabs, twenty nested drop down menu options, tiny icons, and shit color scheme. And randomly sized windows popping up randomly in random places.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Lastly, all I'll say is that a phone by any definition is a PC. You can't just claim there's a difference. Oh, you can try to be fake cool like those fags that like Ready Player One. Oh wow, nice bandwagon. Nice fair weathered shit. Nah. Your opinions are worthless. You can't see the future and you ignore the past. You caused RPGs to decline because you have no idea what you actually like. Let me say that again. You have no idea what you actually like. That's a drug addict.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom