Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wave of Darkness, hack n' slash from makers of Legends of Dawn

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Wasn't Legends of Dawn that game that overheated people's GPUs?

There were some optimization issues at the time of the release. Most of those problems are fixed, but they still appear at some PCs.

Legends of Dawn is still being updated.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Hi all,

As a token of our gratitude towards allowing us to freely communicate and promote our title on this forum, as well as helping us with pledges and constructive criticism, we mentioned RPG Codex in the update regarding the successful funding:

Great new friendships and amazing people

We made great friendships during the campaign with some really amazing people who chose to support us unconditionally, simply because they like us. We made great friendships with genre-specific communities at RPGWatch, RPG Codex and SpaceSimCentral. Simply amazing.

The campaign is over, but our work is nowhere near the end. We have to finish the game, polish it, optimize it etc.

We also learned a lot from our past mistakes and we won't let it happen again. We will update you and all future players about everything, and we will communicate with everyone.

Link to the full update.

Thanks again for sticking with us.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=306

Spaceforce: Rogue Universe space sim was a hit which sold more copies than much more advertised and better marketed products at that time. Despite the fact that our publisher never advertised our title anywhere, and invested all earned profit into the Gothic 4 development. When they ceased their operations, the other publisher bought all the rights to their titles, and they claimed that the clause that states that the rights roll back to developer in case of insolvency was not applicable. A long legal battle would have been too costly for us at that time so we rather waited until the final licensing period expired.

There are many such cases where publishers calculate with the fact that developer might not be equipped with enough muscles for legal battle, so they take advantage. They will not report true sales figures, they will not pay royalties, they will forget to pay the last part of advances etc. Dirty little world.

Anyway, Spaceforce: Rogue Universe is finally where it belongs, back to Dreamatrix. The plan is to release updated HD version; “Spaceforce: Rogue Universe HD” on Steam within a month or two.
:0-13:

Aenra

abnaxus
why the 10:13? They got Herve'd, happens. It's theirs once more now, nothing bad with going for an 'upgraded' edition. Bit of visiblity, bit of a cash flow down the line, don't see any issue. I can call it greed on a Molyneux, but with these guys? Besides, Steam has player and staff reviews, ingame footage videos by default. Not like anyone's getting ripped off. What am i missing?

Anyway, i focused more on this. From the same interview:

"Couchpotato: Since we're talking about fixing games, I noticed you are still patching Legends of Dawn, and I was wondering if you have plans to continue the patching?

Iggy: We want to invest a lot more work into Legends of Dawn, but above all we have to be very careful regarding the time allocation for a certain task. Exclusively for RPGWatch I can share that our next goal is to develop "Legends of Dawn 2.0" which will be significantly improved over the original. In some aspects it may feel as a new game. We don't simply abandon people who like to play Legends of Dawn. Their support is very valuable to us and we will strive to upgrade, update and patch the game the best we can
"

Speaking of which:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/234980/announcements/detail/136572238837453301
Legends of Dawn Patch 1.51
27 March - DreamatrixTeam
Hi all!

We just published a new patch for Legends of Dawn, so go on and grab it now.

Here's what you'll get:

Movement update:

We made some slight improvements to player movement. As you already know, there are two ways to move player around - using keyboard or by clicking on the place where we wish our player to move. We have added third type of movement now. Keyboard movement works the same way as before, just press the keys and move your player around. Mouse movement is slightly changed. If you click and release mouse button, your player will walk toward the place you clicked on. However, if you click and hold mouse button, your player will walk toward the mouse cursor.
Delay between click'n'walk and hold'n'walk is 450 ms. That means if you hold mouse for longer than 0.45 sec, your player will start following the mouse cursor.

Another small change we made is the way 'Take All' button works.

That's button with hand icon used to take all items when you open chests or crates, or other itemholders. Before this update this button worked in the following way: for each item in the chest, check if there is empty slot in the inventory and if there is, move item from chest to players inventory. And that's it.

Updated version works similar to this with few small changes. Now once you click on the Take All button, program first tries to match items in chest with stackable items in your inventory. If there is enough stack space, item is automatically stacked. If there is not enough space, program will add items to first empty slot, just as before.

On the other hand, few additional bugs are solved.
Slowdown during the combat with turrets has been fixed. All turrets should work fine now.

Player animation freezing during combat is also fixed.

Problem was caused by old animations.package which did not contain two updated animations for one hand+shield attacks. Current Legends of Dawn data tree contains some 91,000+ files sorted in 8,800 folders. These two animations were packed but not commited to current steam/retail versions. We have included those in the 1.51 patch so that should be it.

We have also added some fixes to the French translation of the game.

We are currently working on Wave of Darkness and sorting through the lists for both Legends of Dawn and Wave of Darkness.

There are many features we would like to implement and checking what is possible and/or compatible with current features takes some time.

Anyway, more updates will follow!
Basically solving one of the (many) issues their last title had. They try, and appear to me as honest. I like people with good intentions :)

I can also like them even though i think their last game was shit. These are not mutually exclusive conditions. Lost not a penny to them. Anyway, if you have not tried it/give a shit about my opinion you can read it here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/legends-of-dawn.79089/page-4#post-3816087
They have stated these are all issues that will be addressed come WoD (they use the same engine, albeit upgraded).
Scripta manent and all that ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
^ The publisher (suppose it was Derp Silver) using the profits of an apparently obscure but financially healthy franchise for a steaming turd like Gothic 4.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Hi all,

I just wanted to share a small newsbit with you regarding Wave of Darkness. So before someone calls us-out "frauders", this is our latest Kickstarter update :)

We have some great news for all of you who stood with us all this time and supported our work: Wave of Darkness is finally ready for release on Early Access!

So what happens now? The keys for your digital rewards are sent to Humble Bundle and are expected to be ready today.
Once more we would just like to underline the following regarding Humble Bundle: it would be best that you use the same email you used for Kickstarter.

But, there is more. When you receive your Wave of Darkness Steam keys, the title will not be published live on Early Access just yet. Only the Kickstarter backers will have an opportunity to participate in Wave of Darkness closed beta, which is in its final stage before being morphed into Early Access. The closed beta will take a period of few days, or a few weeks at most.

Only a few digital rewards might be slightly delayed, and those will probably be digital soundtracks.

We are still very hard at work with Wave of Darkness, and we are currently working on set items, boss characters, chests, music, intro movie, the first version of the game manual, and other stuff.

Spaceforce: Rogue Universe HD has 90% positive reviews on Steam!

One more thing we would really want to share with you is that our re-released title, Spaceforce: Rogue Universe HD has been very well received on Steam since the release. SFRU HD has 90% positive reviews so far and we simply cannot express how incredibly happy we are because of that information. Dreamatrix is a small developer and every bit of positive information brings a big smile on our faces! :)

Thank you for standing by us.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Whoa thanks for the amazing help and the small newsbit on the site........

Anyway,

Wave of Darkness Early Access is in full swing, as well as we are in terms of updating the game. Today we have published the sixth major update for the game, which is also the biggest update to date yet.

One of the biggest features so far is the new map, which looks like this:

52C8C8675A841D20CCDEBFB0E4D9D1058C002DBB

We have updated maps panel. Previous Maps panel had serious problems. One of our primary concerns when creating GUI was that each and every GUI panel must fit into minimal supported resolution for the game - which is 1024x768 pixels. That means no panel can be higher than ~700 pixels. This is all fine but most players today play at 1680x1050 of HD resolutions which means they have extra space and no panel uses it. Smaller panels are not a problem for most of the time. Characters panel, or Legendary Items panel never need extra size, but maps panel could really benefit from being bigger.
So we started brainstorming.

First thing we decided was to expand maps panel to fit almost entire screen. This gave us much needed space. Game will always rescale the maps panel to fit almost entire screen (there will be 25 pixels on all sizes around the Maps panel window but that's it). In addition to that, we cut extra space at the top of the Maps panel which gave us almost 100 pixels.
Coordinates label at the bottom, region title, X button and other panel components will be placed on their positions depending which resolution you use.
So now map area is much larger. One thing to note is that, since map area is larger, background map image is blurier. Previous map image had 2048x2048 resolution. New image has 4096x4096 resolution. If your graphics card does not support 4096x4096 textures, it will be scaled to fit the maximum supported size for your card.
In addition, we decided to remove zoom in/zoom out buttons. They were ok for the previous map, but they are seriously lacking for upgraded one. At the bottom of the maps panel, there is new zoom slider. You can use it to zoom in and out much more easily than before.

Previous Maps panel had checkboxes with various location types such as entrances to dungeons or locations of god shrines or other points of interest. We have removed those checkboxes since they took large amount of screen space. In order to toggle display of various maps components you can use new Filter button at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on it will activate popup window with various filters available. You can toggle on and off each filter entry as you wish. Default state is that everything will be displayed.

We have added new icons and new location types to the Maps panel. From version 1.06 forward you will be able to see all previous locations including new ones: wells, campfires, signposts, metal ores, plants, oracles, respawn points, teleport stones and legendary items. We are working on adding even more locations. Reason for long wait between 1.05 and 1.06 is mostly that we had to rewrite large part of this panel which included both code change and graphics change.

We are aware that some features are still missing. The button to center the player and the mouse wheel capability to zoom the map in and out are coming in the next patch. Those are not implemented yet.

Other fixes and improvements can be seen on our Steam discussion board.

Hopefully we'll see more of you guys playing Wave of Darkness :)

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Hey all, we keep patching the game on a regular basis, and the patch 1.10 is out now on Steam with the full changelog below:

• Music combat and transition/fadeout fixes

We have changed time needed for music fadeouts. It was too short and music change was too abrupt. Change from full volume to zero volume lasted aproximately 1 second. This is now increased to approximately 10 seconds. Hopefully it will be enough.

• Cursed item notifications
    We have added notification icons for cursed items. When you have equipped cursed item, skull icon will be displayed beneath player's name and level (similar to icons representing spell effects). Placing mouse over skull icon will show you which item is cursed and what you have to do to remove the curse (identify at oracle stones and/or then pray at god shrine).

• Map zoom changed
    Map zoom was slightly off when zooming on 1/3 screen sized map. This has been fixed. Maps panel should now work fine no matter what the size of the map window is.

• Map 'Size' button
    We added 'Size' button to Maps panel. Clicking on it will toggle panel size between (almost) fullscreen size and 1/3 screen size panel.

• Map icons upgraded
    We have slightly changed some icons. Few of them had low contrast in regard to background. This has been fixed.

• Additional map locations #1
    We have added fishing places and danian tomb locations to the maps panel.

• Additional map locations #2
    We have added 'singing stones' locations to the maps panel.

• Intro text corrections
    We have changed intro text. Thanks to Kepi al-Duri for this one.

Once again, I would like to mention that on this link you can see what are we currently working on and what fixes you can expect in the future.

Thanks for reading.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Has anyone played it? Give me a free code and I will bite the bullet.

I just backed it via early access. You can see gameplay footage on youtube now, so it looks legit enough for me. The one thing I'm worried about is that the story might be terrible ;( but we'll have to see. At first I thought this was a scam from some foreign company that used the hot chick from the Legends of Dawn campaign, but judging from their bug update, where they look super serious about fixing bugs, I think this is a team of people who want to make games for money like everyone else.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
I just backed it via early access. You can see gameplay footage on youtube now, so it looks legit enough for me. The one thing I'm worried about is that the story might be terrible ;( but we'll have to see. At first I thought this was a scam from some foreign company that used the hot chick from the Legends of Dawn campaign, but judging from their bug update, where they look super serious about fixing bugs, I think this is a team of people who want to make games for money like everyone else.

I'm still baffled that people consider our work as "scam", but that's alright, everyone has right on an opinion :)

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Anyway, hello again Codex community. I wanted to update you regarding the work we have done, and still doing for Wave of Darkness, and that Wave of Darkness has a release date; November 5th 2015.

We have recently published a massive patch which includes:

• added intro video
  • added bunch of tooltips for character generation panels, character info panel, inventory, spellbook, maps panel, legendary items panel and quest log panel
  • minimum number of inventory slots increased from 14 to 42
  • added voiceover files for:
    • Taras Ras Balinos (ship captain on docks)
    • herbalist (on docks)
    • Ubar Nevera (defense commander)
    • Alitea Nevera (leader of rangers)
    • Casir Ras Dianos (herbalist on south entrance to the city)
    • Xocutus (blind librarian)
    • Silvana Vordar (Xocutus' happy helper)
    • Nilara Vordar (Nils' grand-grand-grand-...-grand-daughter)
    • Llorena (Disciple of Veles priestess)
    • Vinkl Minkel (opportunistic weapons dealer from Legends of Dawn)
    • Lord Darius Nevera
    • Lady Selina Vordar
    • Baba Yarra (crazy old lady with chickens)
    • Elniren (ranger)
    • Sorin Amas Darelin (herbalist)
    • Arun Bis Lorenar (soldier)
    • Darien Palar (merchant from Cesanaar)
    • Garo (caretaker's son)
    • Smragor the Mighty (caretaker of Temple of Time)
    • Telnir (cursed caretaker)
    • Sileran Dain Vaturas (wizard in Mirna's house)
    • Barnir (Lamar's brother, hermit)
    • Lamar (priest in Nam Yorath)
    • Lord Aturil Zetar (exiled leader)
    • Theral Zetar (lord Zetar's son)
    • Grummharal (ancient hero merged with Bezharal)
    • Ralan (fisherman in village on the edge of desert)
    • Morodok the Evil Shaman
    • Tka'r (only rizar in the game)
    • Saradok (leader of Snake Cult)
    • Zoug (monster in castle brown-skull)
  • fixed bug with game crashing on alt+tab while in character generator or main menu
  • fixed/changed/updated tons of NPC conversation texts (mostly changes regarding grammar, and some slight changes regarding quest objectives)
  • fixed item generation bug when creating new characters (one where it was possible to get items such as weapons and armor with too high requirements, you were able to de-equip those items but were unable to equip them again)
  • fixed 'Smash and Run' quest description in quest log panel
  • fixed 'Dark Sisters' quest description in quest log panel
  • fixed Lord Zetar script (one block of text was missing due to the bug in the script)
  • fixed voiceover replay bug
  • fixed material tile for danian temples that had incorrect texture (materials\lod\temple\danian_a\danian_temple_cc.dds)
  • fixed material (materials\lod\miscellaneous\grave\dirt_grave.material) with wrong texture
  • fixed material (materials\lod\foliage\replace\cat.material) with missing texture
  • fixed bug in the maps panel where merchants had empty tooltip
  • fixed bug in the maps panel where game sometimes crashed when you ran it on your bosses computer with Windows 10 OS

Also, our last big step towards having the complete product is adding voice overs, and the biggest news around this is that the voiceovers are recorded and ready in the new patch! The new big patch on Steam includes voices for over 30 major characters in the game.

Most of the actors were working on some major game blockbusters and we had to wait a bit.
We are thankful that they found time for an indie developer during this busiest period.
We’d like to use this opportunity to present you the great voice actors who "made" WoD characters come to life.

• Lani Minella
  • Tim Simmons
  • Stephen Fitts aka StephanosRex
  • Dylan Jones
  • Jim Barrish aka CRPGNUT

I'd finally want to mention that the game intro should be uploaded to YouTube sometime today, if everything goes well.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The screenshots on the Steam page look kinda neat. I like the environs. There seems to be a lot of detail put in the world.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
The screenshots on the Steam page look kinda neat. I like the environs. There seems to be a lot of detail put in the world.

Thanks. We've put the great effort into the game, but I'll leave that to the players.

Actually, some Early Access players have over 160 hours of playtime.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Judging by the original post... when someone is using hot girls AND cute cats to promote something, they must be really desperate. :D

Seriously though, the hack&slash aspect kinda puts me off.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Judging by the original post... when someone is using hot girls AND cute cats to promote something, they must be really desperate. :D

Seriously though, the hack&slash aspect kinda puts me off.

Well, to be perfectly honest, yeah, we are desperate in terms of marketing and promotion since our marketing budget is equal to Fallout's wasteland, so after the Legends of Dawn debacle (yeah, we admit it), we had to gain attention somehow.

But the best part of the whole story is that the hot girl in the video actually does coding and game design for us.

Regarding hack and slash, Wave of Darkness isn't a pure "slay hordes of monsters" action RPG title. The gameplay offers a lot of depth.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
We have just released a new patch which makes it easier for players to identify and de-curse items. This has been one of the major complaints in the game during the Early Access.

Details:

• Scroll of Veles' Wisdom - identifies all the items, and finds the cursed item, but it doesn't remove the curse from the item;
  • Scroll of Veles' Glory - identifies only the cursed items and removes the curse;
  • Scroll of Veles' Peace - identifies only the items cursed by Marowit and removes its curse;
  • Scroll of Veles' Life - identifies only the items cursed by Flins and removes its curse;
  • Scroll of Veles' Compassion - identifies only the items cursed by Berstuk and removes its curse;
  • Scroll of Veles' Faith - identifies only the items cursed by Zirnitra and removes its curse;
  • Scroll of Veles' Understanding - identifies only the items cursed by Triglav and removes its curse;
  • Scroll of Veles' Ascension - identifies only the items cursed by Morana and removes its curse.

Also, we saw complaints regarding the disappearing consumable recipes. This is now fixed, so the recipes do not disappear when you craft usable items, like potions, food, scrolls, etc.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Also, intro video is out. We'd appreciate if you could give us some thoughts and feedback. Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom