Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wave of Darkness, hack n' slash from makers of Legends of Dawn

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
B3ySrpNIQAAMdAK.jpg:large

Including her. From the Codex inbox:

Hi,
Dreamatrix, a dedicated team of game developers have started a Kickstarter campaign for “Wave of Darkness”, a PC RPG title tailored for fans of hardcore old-school RPG games, offering massive dark and gritty fantasy world which will challenge players at every step in, what Dreamatrix team calls, Hack’n’RPG.

With over 70 hours of gameplay, in a world of considerable size, gamers will appreciate playing “Wave of Darkness” without hundreds of annoying loading screens, thanks to Dreamatrix streaming engine.

Wave of Darkness is a complex title with deep, engaging gameplay and hundreds of features. Although the game is in final stages of development, in order to make it even more attractive and addictive a lot of balancing, polishing and other small improvements are needed. Such ambitious target can be achieved by the indie developer only with the help of the gaming community.

Kickstarter project link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/522716131/wave-of-darkness

We would really appreciate if you could spread the word about our KS campaign.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Dreamatrix Game Studios

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
This is the kind of kikestarter that wants to get earn even little bit of money. I guess they hope they'll raise dat 100k or something that may help them with funding 1 month of crunch or something

getter77

Augur
There's a bit more details and...unusual ambiance...afoot over in the RPG Watch thread with a dev outfit member popping in.

In general, I reckon it has a chance at one of these "finish it off" styled Kickstarters, though that chance is almost certainly diminished by how spectacularly they tripped out of the starting line dash on their last KS project Legend of Dawn and have been behind the curve and user reviews trying to update and fix it ever since---but some credit is due on account of them continuing to do so unto the present and still apparently more into the future.

Got bored and left

H&S, so I'll pass, but I gotta give credit where it's due - the effort to goad neckbeards into backing with an attractive woman (and a cat!) is quite impressive :)

Shannow

Waster of Time
Seems like an H&S open world player's wet dream.
She also used several codex trigger words. Doesn't seem to have worked. I am disappoint.

Not really my cup of tea, so I'll not donate. But if this gets finished, chances are high that I'll buy.

Infinitron Do you guys also think this is a scam? If not, I fail to see how this is not news-worthy. If this were to provide what it promises, it'd be quite innovative (at least in the combination of features), IMO.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It's not a scam, they already did a Kickstarter for Legends of Dawn, a game which is now on Steam.

polo

Magister
Where is the Tier where she sells her body? I mean come on... look at the promo video!

Executr

Cipher
Let's see:
- Asking for such low amount (1/5 will probably go to pay the bitch they used on the video)
- Haven't even heard of Legend of Dawn (for which this game will be the sequel), but one look at the Steam user rating says it's pretty bad.
- Those other games they developed (Spaceforce) were also pretty awful judging again by the user ratings.
- Giving Steam keys for this games even at the lowest tier (1$).

If this isn't a scam, I expect the game to be terrible indeed.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Hi all,

First, thanks for the forum post. It really means a lot for us.

Furthermore, thanks for everyone's comments, both positive and negative regarding the game and the campaign.

Regarding the concerns if our KS campaign is a scam, well thanks for the observation, but we don't do scams. We did mistakes in the past, but we never scammed our customers.

Every Legends of Dawn backer received a reward, and the Collector's Boxes were sent to everyone.

We are doing everything in our power to make Wave of Darkness a good, a great game.

There are six guys making this game and we need all the support we can get :)

Thanks

polo

Magister
Hi all,

Furthermore, thanks for everyone's comments, both positive and negative regarding the game and the campaign.

Regarding the concerns if our KS campaign is a scam, well thanks for the observation, but we don't do scams. We did mistakes in the past, but we never scammed our customers.

Every Legends of Dawn backer received a reward, and the Collector's Boxes were sent to everyone.

We are doing everything in our power to make Wave of Darkness a good, a great game.

Thanks
Well good luck with it! Hope you stick in the forums so you can answer user questions!

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Hi all,

Thanks
Well good luck with it! Hope you stick in the forums so you can answer user questions!

Thanks!

And of course, we'll be watching this topic and answer everyone's questions!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Diablo-like shovelware is still a thing? I guess these might be the last gasps.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Top down hack and slash games of this type always seem to have an audiance. The game also looks good, artistically. Don't let the codex frighten you, it's just how we are. We're just weary of anyone trying to sell us anything. Developers talking the talk is old hat to us, so impressions tend to be sour.

I've always thought that the top down hack and slash has a huge amount of room for improvement. So we'll see where this one goes.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Top down hack and slash games of this type always seem to have an audiance. The game also looks good, artistically. Don't let the codex frighten you, it's just how we are. We're just weary of anyone trying to sell us anything. Developers talking the talk is old hat to us, so impressions tend to be sour.

I've always thought that the top down hack and slash has a huge amount of room for improvement. So we'll see where this one goes.

Thanks for the heads-up. There are two days behind our campaign and it has been encouraging so far. Any good word means a world to us.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Actually, Wave of Darkness is more of a combination between Neverwinter Nights and Diablo. We wanted to get the good stuff from both of the gameplay mechanics.

I appreciate your civility in the face of extreme rudeness. NWN's OC felt like D&D-flavored Diablo when it came to content, so I don't really understand the distinction?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom