Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

BSOD

Novice
Somebody ought to do a good Fallout 2 LP. I just started playing it, and I can't seemed to get hooked as much as I did the first one.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
BSOD said:
Somebody ought to do a good Fallout 2 LP. I just started playing it, and I can't seemed to get hooked as much as I did the first one.

your avatar makes me want to install Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries and do a play through of that.

DriacKin

Arbiter
I'm actually a bit surprised that the game wasn't a bit longer. It lasted me less than 25 hours.
Perhaps it's because I've already played the game previously, and I already knew where to go. Or perhaps it's because I skipped a bunch of the side missions...

Either way, I still expected the game to last a bit longer.

Angthoron

Arcane
DriacKin said:
I'm actually a bit surprised that the game wasn't a bit longer. It lasted me less than 25 hours.
Perhaps it's because I've already played the game previously, and I already knew where to go. Or perhaps it's because I skipped a bunch of the side missions...

Could be the level scaling and the meaninglessness of stats on the grand cosmic scale. There were no impossible fights to overcome, no hard skill checks to be made, not a single actual barrier to "slow down" your descent into the Abyss. Except the game's inherent shittiness, of course, but that only decreases one's desire to spend too much time on it.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Angthoron said:
DriacKin said:

Could be the level scaling and the meaninglessness of stats on the grand cosmic scale. There were no impossible fights to overcome, no hard skill checks to be made, not a single actual barrier to "slow down" your descent into the Abyss. Except the game's inherent shittiness, of course, but that only decreases one's desire to spend too much time on it.

Hell, you can skip the first 1/3rd of the Main Quest and head straight to Vault 112 (Tranquility Lane) if you know what yr doing --- shortens it up even more. What's really annoying is the smack-into-a-brick-wall-out-of-nowhere ending. More complaints out of that than anything else.

Angthoron

Arcane
Pliskin said:
Hell, you can skip the first 1/3rd of the Main Quest and head straight to Vault 112 (Tranquility Lane) if you know what yr doing --- shortens it up even more. What's really annoying is the smack-into-a-brick-wall-out-of-nowhere ending. More complaints out of that than anything else.

The ending was quite retarded. I'll admit - I actually went and picked up the Ghoul companion (had a savegame just before the "Big End") that supposedly will do your every command because you have the Holy McGuffin and he's like honour-bound to you and shit, and also he's a GODDAMNED FUCKING GHOUL FOR FUCK'S SAKE I MEAN WTF and went to see if I can get him to do the suicide run for me. Whaddya know, he said that it's too dangerous for him, no way kiddo!

Way to screw up the logic beyond any sort of recognition.

Vipera

Scholar
Brother None said:
Vault 87 has the highest radiation level in the game, killing you at ground zero in 1/3rd of a second (+3000 rads/s), significantly higher than the White House. Significantly higher than a live nuclear explosion. NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE.

There's an active radiation leak from inside the vault, that's why it's still so potent.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Vipera said:
Brother None said:
Vault 87 has the highest radiation level in the game, killing you at ground zero in 1/3rd of a second (+3000 rads/s), significantly higher than the White House. Significantly higher than a live nuclear explosion. NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE.

There's an active radiation leak from inside the vault, that's why it's still so potent.

Awesome read... bah, pointless.

Vipera

Scholar
spectre said:
It's a low blow for me, anyways, as Harold was the most memorable character in both Fallouts.
I actually suggested that Harold be consumed by Bob and encountered in the Capital Wasteland on the Bethsoft forums in one of those "What character from the previous Fallout games would you like to see in Fallout 3?" threads the Devs made. He was my favorite character from the original and 2.

I chose the option to expand his influence, by the way. I hope he at least gets a nod in 4.

Angthoron said:
The ending was quite retarded. I'll admit - I actually went and picked up the Ghoul companion (had a savegame just before the "Big End") that supposedly will do your every command because you have the Holy McGuffin and he's like honour-bound to you and shit, and also he's a GODDAMNED I love GHOUL FOR I love'S SAKE I MEAN WTF and went to see if I can get him to do the suicide run for me. Whaddya know, he said that it's too dangerous for him, no way kiddo!

Way to screw up the logic beyond any sort of recognition.

Actually, the ghoul has a good reason (for him, at least) not to help you - it's not on the contract. He just doesn't care. He's not duty bound to do everything for you.

Fawkes and the mr Gutsy (Sargeant RL- something) could, though I'm not sure if the mr gutsy would understand what to do

hakuroshi

Augur
You could put a gun to ghoul's head and say, that he either goes inside or his brains go "splat!" It will probably ruin the contract, but still an option.
In fact he could be hardcoded to refuse anyway and die, and that would be ok too.

Eazy-O

Novice
Buddy of mine gave me the link to this LP coupla weeks ago and I kept checking for more every day. Grade A stuff, DriacKin. Registered here to say thank you. :)

If you find time to do more LPs, consider your audience increased by 1.

bishop7

Novice
Meh. What a terrible game. I'm glad I stopped playing once I got to GNR, it seems like it only gets worse.

Also, power armour is supposed to protect you from radiation. According to the logs found in The Glow, the scouting team from the brotherhood was protected from the enormous amounts of radiation there (until the armour was compromised, of course.) Another detail from the previous games completely ignored by Bethesda.

My LOL moment: the doctor in Megaton using Jet as an anesthetic. W. T. F!? Did they just browse their forums, find vague references to a drug called "Jet", then add it to the game to make it "true to the series"?

DriacKin

Arbiter
Eazy-O said:
[...] consider your audience increased by 1.
Every time my audience increases, my smugness also increases by 1. :P

bishop7 said:
My LOL moment: the doctor in Megaton using Jet as an anesthetic. W. T. F!? Did they just browse their forums, find vague references to a drug called "Jet", then add it to the game to make it "true to the series"?
You could say this about quite a few other aspects of F3 as well: Super Mutants transformed from intelligent creatures into mindless orcs, the BoS is nothing more than a Paladin order, President Eden, etc. Not to mention that Beth even marketed VATS as a throwback to the turn-based combat from the originals.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
614.jpg

IF YOU WANT RANSOM I HAVE NO MONEY BUT I HAVE A PARTICULAR SET OF SKILLS DEVELOPED OVER A VERY LONG CAREER THAT MAKE ME A NIGHTMARE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU

9taken.jpg

P.S. I love this thread

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
While I enjoyed Fallout 3 for the shootin, killin and lootin, this LP truly shows just how much of a piece a shit this game is.

Truly, Oblivion with guns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom