Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
DriacKin, you are great hero and truly martyr for the Codex. :salute:

DriacKin

Arbiter
Darth Roxor said:
Now go for the DLCs, faggot :smug:

919.jpg

WhiskeyWolf said:
Lyons Pride
Lets start with "pride", this is probably one of the stupidest name you can give to your squad... BUT "Lyons" IS THE LAMES NAME EVER, SERIOUSLY, NAMING YOUR SQUAD AFTER YOURSELF IS A SING OF BAD TASTE.
I once encountered someone on the Playstation Network by the name of "TheLyonsDen" I still laugh to this day about the ridiculousness of the pun. I only wish that he would say "You're about the enter THE LYON'S DEN!"

piydek

Cipher
I read your whole LP - thanks for that, we were able to see this shit for ourselves without having to play it.

However, I'm just amazed by how bad this game manages to be. Dialogues, game's inane and ridiculous "characters" to which you simply can not relate in any way at any point, combination of that inane and ridiculous quality and game design's expectation of player's connection and affection for characters, completely laughable uninspired as fuck story, incoherence of story, complete absence of humour, game being on the rails all the time, black and white "you should be a good boy" manner in which the game addresses player and comments his actions - like it really expects him to be some dumbfuck kid...and of course, the incredibly generic anti-climactic and pathetic ending...amazing.

I had no clue that this piece of shit got some reward for its writing until i read it in this topic - new levels of retardation do seem to be achieved every day indeed.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Thanks DriacKin for playing this game. Because you know :

"Ha ! No way I'm going in there, you do it !"

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Wait, isn't there something missing from the endings?
I think I got some random slides that were tied to one of the non-main quests I had finished on top of the karma-, martyr- and FEV endings.

Also:
Good show.

piydek

Cipher
I assume there's variations in slides you see and text you see/hear. Each variation in these is one unique ending. All existent variations in slides are 200 endings :lol:. That's true Beth spirit.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Evil ending in FO3 gives more ending slides than the evil ending in Arcanum, which obviously points us to the conclusion that FO3 is superior.

QED

Witchblade

Scholar
piydek said:
I read your whole LP - thanks for that, we were able to see this shit for ourselves without having to play it.

Really? :o I jumped from P.1 to p.36.

However, I did notice a bullshit-sounding something on P. 1 - about the father's face modelling to look similar to what you modelled your face as. My father's face (sic) :wink: looked just like the TC's father's face, and my character looked nothing like that shit-faced dude he made his character into.

Aaaanywayz, I am now curious enough to go restart the game and model myself a black dude's face...heheheh, I wanna see my pappy's countenance with that bit of input... :lol:

bhlaab

Erudite
The best part of the "good" ending where you go into the chamber yourself is that fawkes fucking FOLLOWS YOU IN and just stands there as you die

hakuroshi

Augur
You are the true hero who sacrificed himself for the whole Codex.
:salute
Shitty game but great LP.

piydek

Cipher
bhlaab said:
The best part of the "good" ending where you go into the chamber yourself is that fawkes fucking FOLLOWS YOU IN and just stands there as you die

:lol: . But apart from these "evil" and "good" endings themselves - the whole end-situation is just so forced and bloody ridiculous.

You have to enter the irradiated chamber to push a button. Either you can do it, or you can politely ask some stupid robotic NPC to do it. Plus, the other oh-so-interesting choice is to kill or not to kill the mutants. Oh teh choicez! Either you can multiculturally get along and you can sacrifice yourself for your country and people, or you can kill those different from you just because they're different (oh noez!) and let someone else sacrifice themselves (wrong!). This just has to be the lamest, most ridiculous and uninteresting piece of crap writing i can imagine. The whole game, as our esteemed colleague has played it, has shown such incoherent, autistic, lame as fuck design and writing that most often the game by itself seems like some kind of (completely unintended, of course) surreal joke.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Like just about every Bethesduh game before it, Fallout3 is only a sandbox game, if you completely ignore the main quest. Should you decide to fall into line, every modicum of choice will be removed as you are railroaded into doing what the devs decided should be the proper course of action.

There are so many instances throughout the game where the actual answer should have been "D) None of the above." I can't even list them all. The denouement at the filtration plant is the big red cherry of fail on the pile of irradiated shit that is Fallout 3.

I mean, when you consider that water doesn't retain radiation, the entire premise of the main plot is completely idiotic to begin with! Suspension of disbelief is one thing --- suspension of the players mental processes is another.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom