Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Coyote

Arcane
t said:
By the way, didn't bethesduh notice there were quite a few smart muties, even a whole town full of them in previous fallout frenchise? But yeah, :headdesk: all the way.

Come to think of it, the setting of Fallout 3 as a whole makes a lot more sense if you retcon the backstory to say that some sort of mutagen/pathogen/next-gen was released into the air on the east coast which causes everyone there to lose 3 points of INT.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Lyons Pride
Lets start with "pride", this is probably one of the stupidest name you can give to your squad... BUT "Lyons" IS THE LAMES NAME EVER, SERIOUSLY, NAMING YOUR SQUAD AFTER YOURSELF IS A SING OF BAD TASTE.

876.jpg

Hey there commanding officer, remember why we call ourself "Lyons Pride"... well, make us proud.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hey guys, what's wrong in killing all the mutants then? I mean, you just stated every fucking one of them is dangerous and every one presents a threat to the members of the PA society (putting aside Fawkes who is an asshole anyway). It seems Eden really had a good plan of exterminating the lethal enemy of the human race.

Why do we percieve him as a villain then? Maybe it's some freaky joke by Beth -- nobody knows but the villain is actually good and PC and his crew are teh evil who interrupt him in his quest.

bhlaab

Erudite
t said:
Hey guys, what's wrong in killing all the mutants then? I mean, you just stated every fucking one of them is dangerous and every one presents a threat to the members of the PA society (putting aside Fawkes who is an asshole anyway). It seems Eden really had a good plan of exterminating the lethal enemy of the human race.

Why do we percieve him as a villain then? Maybe it's some freaky joke by Beth -- nobody knows but the villain is actually good and PC and his crew are teh evil who interrupt him in his quest.

Because bethesda forgot to explain that everybody in the world is considered a mutant to the enclave

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Already after the first chapter of this LP shitty became a understatement, but it sunk so much that words cannot describe it. Now even an communist Iron Giant makes a appareance.

ultimategiant.jpg

"VOICE MODULE ONLINE... AUDIO FUNCTIONALITY TEST... INITIALIZED. DESIGNATION: LIBERTY PRIME. MISSION: THE LIBERATION OF ANCHORAGE, ALASKA. PRIMARY TARGETS: ANY AND ALL RED CHINESE INVADERS. EMERGENCY COMMUNIST ACQUISITION DIRECTIVE: IMMEDIATE SELF-DESTRUCT. BETTER DEAD THAN RED!!"

"ENGAGING RED CHINESE AGGRESSORS."

Pliskin

Arbiter
bhlaab said:
t said:

Because bethesda forgot to explain that everybody in the world is considered a mutant to the enclave

And that thanks to decades of exposure to radiation, the only pure-strain humans found in the DC aea are located in Vault 101. Using the FEV will, in effect, kill everyone but them.

DO IT!

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
bhlaab said:

Don't be so sure! Maybe Enclave changed over the years and now despises only super mutants? Few things did change, vide infamous Harold...

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jim Cojones said:
1. Use the item president has given you.
2. Make Lyons sacrifice herself.
3. Watch how she bravely dies just to support plans of her enemies.
4. Watch mass deaths of people drinking water.

Yes. To finally make the average IQ in Failout 3's stop being lower than that of animals.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WhiskeyWolf said:
Lyons Pride
Lets start with "pride", this is probably one of the stupidest name you can give to your squad... BUT "Lyons" IS THE LAMES NAME EVER, SERIOUSLY, NAMING YOUR SQUAD AFTER YOURSELF IS A SING OF BAD TASTE.
It is in fact, a witty pun on lion's pride. As in a pride of lions. Those BOS people sure are funny!

hakuroshi

Augur
Let it truly be Wasteland.
It would be nice to make an orbital strike on BOS too, but that's in add-on unfortunately.
They should die from FEV anyway though.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
this game is so shitty that i couldn't even be bothered to rage when i saw this stupid stuff, but do you know what actually made me angry? they had the chance to have at least a great soundtrack, cause the songs on the radio are awesome, and they were able to even ruin that with that 3dog shit

bhlaab

Erudite
t said:
bhlaab said:

Don't be so sure! Maybe Enclave changed over the years and now despises only super mutants? Few things did change, vide infamous Harold...

no, in the ending reel they say everybody died

I recall some guys escaping, but they deserted anyway.

this game is so shitty that i couldn't even be bothered to rage when i saw this stupid stuff, but do you know what actually made me angry? they had the chance to have at least a great soundtrack, cause the songs on the radio are awesome, and they were able to even ruin that with that 3dog shit

easily solvable

DriacKin

Arbiter
Part 22 – Apocalypse Now

i3.jpg
Well, it seems like Codexia decided that inserting the virus and letting the chick sacrifice herself was the best plan.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Wow, it sounds like Codexia is a bunch of evil bastards.

i3.jpg
:D

881.jpg

This is the entrance to the control room. Notice how the door into the control room has been closed, in order to contain the radiation.

Anyway, see that machine a few steps in front of us?
882.jpg

It’s the Filtration Input system, which we conveniently still have access to.

883.jpg

884.jpg

FACT: Fallout 3 is nice enough to give us this message, telling us exactly what we just did.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
[Perception] So, inserting the vial into the purifier is gonna kill all the mutants in the Capital Wasteland, right?

i3.jpg
You are very perceptive.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
So, that means that Fawkes is gonna die, along with the rest of them?

i3.jpg
It serves him right, for not entering the chamber himself.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
But, isn’t he gonna try and stop us? I mean, he’s just ok with this plan, even though he knows that it’ll kill him?

i3.jpg
Exactly. He doesn't seem to care at all.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:facepalm:

885.jpg

FACT #1: Fawkes was standing right behind us watching us insert the vial into the purifier.
FACT #2: He did nothing to stop us. Neither did Sarah Lyons, for that matter.

i3.jpg
Wouldn’t it have pretty cool if he turned on us and we had to fight him after trying to inser... :sigh:

Anyway, this is the other choice we have to make:
886.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Fuck that. There’s no way I’m committing suicide just for a bunch of inane NPCs. There’s not a single character in Fallout 3 worth saving.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
And, aren’t you supposed to be a paladin? You’re the one whose supposed to be sacrificing herself, right?

887.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Yes, that’s right. That’s exactly how it is. :twisted:

888.jpg

889.jpg

We also have to tell her the code for the Purifier, which was obviously 216.

890.jpg

She walks over to the control room entrance.

891.jpg

We have to push this button open the door.

892.jpg

i3.jpg
Why is there even an airlock installed here? Were the original creators of this facility planning on having the inside room getting filled with radiation?

893.jpg

Anyway, Sarah Lyons heads over to the activation terminal where she inputs the code and starts the purifier.

894.jpg

After which, she starts to feel the effects of the radiation.

895.jpg

FACT: Extremely melodramatic music is playing while she falls to the ground.

896.jpg

...and then she dies.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:lol: :twisted:

This is the point where the actual game ends and the ending cut-scene begins. These are just a bunch of slides with some Ron Perlman voice-over.
Remember back when Todd was hyping up how Fallout 3 had 200 endings? Well, this is just one of them:
897.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
And so it was that the lone wanderer ventured forth from V101, intent on discovering the fate of a father who had once sacrificed the future of humanity, for that of his only child.

898.jpg

899.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
The Capital Wasteland proved to be a cruel, inhospitable place, but the lone wanderer refused to surrender to the vices that claimed so many others.

900.jpg

901.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
The values passed on from father to child: selflessness, compassion, honor guided this noble soul through countless trials and triumphs.

902.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
It was not until the end of this long road, that the lone wanderer was faced with that greatest of virtues: sacrifice.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Why the hell does this dude keep referring to me as ‘The Lone Wanderer’? I even had a companion.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Also, calling me a ‘wanderer’ makes me sound like some bum who has no idea where the hell he’s going. :(

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
But the child refused to follow the father’s selfless example.

903.jpg

904.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
Instead, allowing a true hero to venture into the irradiated control chamber of Project Purity, and sacrifice her own life for the greater good of mankind.

905.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
Sadly, when selected by the sinister President to be his instrument of annihilation, the wanderer agreed.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:twisted:

906.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
Humanity would be preserved, but only in its purest form.

907.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
The waters of life flowed at last, but the virus contained within soon eradicated all those deemed unworthy of salvation.

908.jpg

909.jpg

910.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
The Capital Wasteland, despite its progress, became a graveyard.

911.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
So ends the story of the lone wanderer, who stepped through the great doors of V101, and into the annuls of legend.

912.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end.

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
And war...war never changes.

913.jpg

FACT: This is the last image shown in the slides.

914.jpg

The credits start to roll after the slides are over.
FACT: These are the brilliant minds that brought you Fallout 3.

I’m far too impatient to sit through the credits, so I just press Escape to skip them, which brings us...
915.jpg

...back to the main menu screen.
We click the ‘Quit’ button to quit Fallout 3 for the final time.

916.jpg

i3.jpg
[Mercy] It seems like I no longer have to play this shitty game.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
You are very perceptive.

i3.jpg
Wait a second. How the hell are you still alive?

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Well, only people with mutations were killed by the virus.

i3.jpg
Exactly. But, we’ve developed several mutations over the course of the game. Shouldn’t the virus have killed you as well?

Part 6 of our LP said:
The game clearly established that this was a mutation that we developed.

Part 9 of our LP said:
This also seems like it should be considered a mutation, right?

i3.jpg
So...why are you still alive?

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
I don’t know. I suppose I just got lucky. :)

i3.jpg
:sigh:

i3.jpg
Fuck this shit. I’m quitting Fallout 3.

919.jpg

End of our shitty LP.

DriacKin

Arbiter
lightbane said:
Btw, could you post your stats and karma when you purify the land?

At some point (probably tomorrow), I'll post a bunch of stats about our character and our LP.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You seem to have a high tolerance to pain. Good job pulling this to the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom