Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 Fig Update #3: Base Funding Goal Reached, First Stretch Goals

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
People in an incestuous industry sucked each other off? much wow

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I declined to work on it. No time, and I couldn't see how it would be a better experience than TTON, which was already very taxing for what ultimately wound up a small and fairly marginal contribution to the game. At this point, the pay is pretty irrelevant -- getting paid on TTON was symbolically important but it doesn't matter on my bottom line, and that would be all the more true with WL3.

My point re WL3 is that if you think the writing is bad, that's all fine, but Gavin's work history isn't really relevant to the questions. He got the TTON job off a writing test and Colin's vouching, and he got the WL3 job because the TTON team and many fans love him and his work on TTON.

When I say "his writing speaks for itself," that's not me vouching for it, it's me saying to trust your own senses rather than someone's work history.

Darkzone

Arcane
My point re WL3 is that if you think the writing is bad, that's all fine, but Gavin's work history isn't really relevant to the questions. He got the TTON job off a writing test and Colin's vouching, and he got the WL3 job because the TTON team and many fans love him and his work on TTON.
When I say "his writing speaks for itself," that's not me vouching for it, it's me saying to trust your own senses rather than someone's work history.
You do know that this throws him politely under the bus?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Indeed. Covetous Shen is the only NPC introduced in D3 that I can remember at all. It was a bad ARPG and no kind of writing can possibly ever save a bad ARPG, but if I were to judge D3 by the writing only, I'd have to say it wasn't all bad. And the good parts, as far as I can remember, were mostly those mentioned in that guy resume so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

getter77

Augur
The car goal has potential to drive some actual pledges---but the other 2 goals thus far are just...absolutely bland. I'd have expected something weather based, or really anything else that will have more impact on the game itself than a bit of dress up and an insignia. They just don't scream Best Foot Forward on trying to not let that initial campaign momentum slip through their hands like so much sand---but perhaps they've largely resigned themselves to it after how BT IV went and will spend the next few weeks/updates actually explaining the game and bring in the proper ambitious goals for the final week/48 hours unless they get a hell of a surprise on this and the social media goals that probably should've already been there at launch while the coals were red hot.

Darkzone

Arcane
There won't be any ambitious goals.
The car goal could be quite tricky, if it has more functions then just a normal companion that lets off from time to time some sentence. The 37 Pieces of Flair is just a week of work for someone with a bit of experience. And the Customizable Ranger Squad Insignia is also not that requiring.
So in a way i agree with your statement.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Haven't followed this at all, but frankly I'm amazed this got funded.
Me too, quite quick as well.
Was it mostly investors doing the funding or the good goys?

sEwg7Ef.png

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What comes to investments, I am going to miss the obiligatory Steven Dengler in-game trophy - and I this is not a sarcastic remark. The guy's been doing what Notch should.

Perhaps he should be told about Whalenought and other smallest of teams.

Fairfax

Arcane
What comes to investments, I am going to miss the obiligatory Steven Dengler in-game trophy - and I this is not a sarcastic remark. The guy's been doing what Notch should.

I won't miss it. The prick doesn't even bother to come up with anything, he just puts his name and/or in-game advertising for his brand. Satellite Reign was probably the worst case, followed by PoE.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I always thought Denglr, god of money, was pretty inspired. :D

Notch bought an Obelisk for TTON. It's one of the things I wrote. He didn't buy at the Dengler level, but he did a decent sized contribution.

Black

Arcane

I won't miss it. The prick doesn't even bother to come up with anything, he just puts his name and/or in-game advertising for his brand. Satellite Reign was probably the worst case, followed by PoE.
Is Satellite Reign any good? I remember I had hopes for it, long ago.

Fairfax

Arcane
I always thought Denglr, god of money, was pretty inspired. :D
Oh, I always forget that one. :argh:

I've yet to play it. Too many performance issues at launch, and they're working on a co-op mode, so I might wait to give that a shot.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I am playing it currently. Only made it through tutorial so far. Seems still a bit buggy and the agents react and move sluggishly. Menus and UI are a bit illogical when you do the off-action stuff, like research. But they've got the graphical and musical atmosphere nailed down. Can't say much of the gameplay yet, as I have played so little, but feels so far pretty - perhaps even too - simple.

I think it's much better that backers don't come up with their own stuff - the worst thing would be backer procuded lore. For that matter, Dracogen is actually a cool name for opposing corporation.

Or I dunno, maybe you like reading PoE backer stories aka post-laps that've been tagged on NPCs.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Haven't followed this at all, but frankly I'm amazed this got funded.
Me too, quite quick as well.
Was it mostly investors doing the funding or the good goys?

sEwg7Ef.png
Ugh, it's those darn publishers again.
To be fair the money you "invest" on Fig, you can't pull out later or legally demand anything so no pressuring InXile to turn the game into RTwP or other stupid shit suits genius come up with (of course this doesn't stop Fargo from doing the stupid decisions himself.).

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
"Senior writer" :lol: that shit could have been written by cleverbot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom