Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So let me get this straight, they started with kickstarter, released a few games that sold quite well, but after each project they ask for more money. Why? oh because people are throwing money at them... ok...

It's all part of the historical connection between consoles and money sinks.

TNO

Augur
Why is there a demand for wasteland 3? Wasteland 2 was (barring perhaps one quest) utterly unexciting and forgettable. Who is going to back another serving of this lukewarm pablum?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why is there a demand for wasteland 3? Wasteland 2 was (barring perhaps one quest) utterly unexciting and forgettable. Who is going to back another serving of this lukewarm pablum?
Sometimes I think there's a big audience of fanboys for absolutely every kind of boring and banal shit in the world, except for good RPGs.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Virtually every good RPG of the past few years sold well enough to justify a sequel, a spin-off, and/or an expansion. The fact that Wasteland 2 also sold quite well should not detract from that.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Sometimes I think there's a big audience of fanboys for absolutely every kind of boring and banal shit in the world, except for good RPGs.

Because most people look at what bandwagons are available for them to jump on.

Having strong opinions about what you would like to see, then ranting about it for over a decade, well, it takes a special kind of autism to do that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

I liked Wasteland 2 and I feel confident a same-engine sequel would be even more enjoyable.

D!!

Educated
The game will look slightly better than Wasteland 2. Don't expect anything else.

Nope. It will look probably exactly like screenshots, because shiny graphics is now one of the main selling points.

Looks like "reactivity" is not enough anymore. Sad.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Lack of overall development experience, resources, and infrastructure played a huge part in Wasteland II's mediocre elements.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
In all honestly even haters gotta admit Wasteland 2 got better on the second half where the developers seemed they had a better grasp on the tools and gameplay so that to me is a very good indication of what I cab expect out of a sequel. Having the Brotherhood guys there for art direction and Ziets as lead writer sounds good enough for me
As I wrote before I can put down $25 easily for that

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yeah. after clearing myself of the codex groupthink there is a chance that W3 will be pretty good. hell, even torment still looks pretty good, although not the second coming we all expected for.

ArchAngel

Arcane
In all honestly even haters gotta admit Wasteland 2 got better on the second half where the developers seemed they had a better grasp on the tools and gameplay so that to me is a very good indication of what I cab expect out of a sequel. Having the Brotherhood guys there for art direction and Ziets as lead writer sounds good enough for me
As I wrote before I can put down $25 easily for that
Maybe. I wish the first half was playable enough so I could force myself to get to second part...

ArchAngel

Arcane
In all honestly even haters gotta admit Wasteland 2 got better on the second half
Do tell how have you arrived to this conclusion

Playing the game

Maybe. I wish the first half was playable enough so I could force myself to get to second part...

I still have saves from the second part somewhere. Wanna one?
With your party and no clue what is going on... LOL.. it is not just about story and quests. Combat is mediocre, character building is mediocre, graphics and art are mediocre.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Lack of overall development experience, resources, and infrastructure played a huge part in Wasteland II's mediocre elements.

True, but what's more preoccupying in terms of design philosophy is its very weak quest design and gimmicky choice and consequence.

With your party and no clue what is going on... LOL.. it is not just about story and quests. Combat is mediocre, character building is mediocre, graphics and art are mediocre.

Apart for npcs you take to CA, the second part of the game could be a separate game. All quest are new, there is no c&c for any Arizona action in CA.

In all honestly even haters gotta admit Wasteland 2 got better on the second half
Do tell how have you arrived to this conclusion

Playing the game
Pretty low energy responce, waiting for elaboration before issuing a rating

Rodia, Angel Oracle are great. Holywood is pretty good. Encounters and difficulty are better, better world radio banter, more C&C, better map layout, more small locations.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Kp2PCzZ.png

:hailcthulhu:

ArchAngel

Arcane
That guy is retarded. Scam Citizen shit only worked because his game promised AAA level visuals combined with MMO gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom