Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LJ40

Cipher
Sear said:
Wasteland 3's character creation is effectively the same as Wasteland 2's, discounting differences in the character system itself. You can create a fully custom character or go with premades. There are also companions you pick up along your journey, which are pre-defined characters who have their own story elements but are non-editable.
I hope W3's companions are non-editable the same way W2's were (non-editable unless your PC came with an obscure program called notepad).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Not bad" news for Wasteland 3 - W3 will not be adopting Bard's Tale 4's awful system of forcing you to use premade characters before having a chance to create your own.
Nothing about the general game flow or party setup has changed since I made that post.

The main difference is we're planning for you to start out as a single character, before forming a full party out of created characters and companions.

You still have to go through a tutorial area where everyone except the person you create dies. Then you get to make three more. :M

Squid

Arbiter
Well, that's good. I can't imagine that being received well even slightly. It's a shit thing to force party members like that on you in a game like this and especially in a game where the last 2 releases let you make your Rangers.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Fargo was just promoting the game on the Co-Optional Podcast and focused on WL3's writing quality, singling out Ziets and MCA as the big name talent. I'm not sure if that means that MCA is actually actively working on the game in a noteworthy capacity, or if it's just one of those gazillion tiny things for which he's been namedropped in recent years. Was there ever anything concretely announced about his role in this?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fargo was just promoting the game on the Co-Optional Podcast and focused on WL3's writing quality, singling out Ziets and MCA as the big name talent. I'm not sure if that means that MCA is actually actively working on the game in a noteworthy capacity, or if it's just one of those gazillion tiny things for which he's been namedropped in recent years. Was there ever anything concretely announced about his role in this?

It's not news that Chris Avellone is working on WL3: https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/865661864360816641

In what exact capacity, I don't believe we know.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
I hope they don't do a simple option again like in WL2's saving the village water or the vegetable lab.

The standing guy kinda looks like Musk.
https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2018%2F07%2F18%2Febe4e91d-21aa-44d4-be12-4b6310267d4e

Jinn

Arcane
Well, why don't we ask him? Hey, Chris Avellone, in what capacity have you been working on Wasteland 3, if you're able to give us any details on the matter?

Deleted Member 22431

Wasteland was silly, so it'd be outrageous if they changed the tone established in the first installment.
I thought this was just an excuse to make a Fallout spiritual sucessor by other name. If that wasn't the case, it should.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MCA is working on a single character for W3. It will be just like PoE!
This is why Dying Light 2 is the most exciting MCA project at the moment. He actually has a meaningful role in the game, and not just writing a character, or serving as an editor for a pre-written story.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I read somewhere that Fargo's turning Wasteland 3 into some sort of "co-op experiment" in preparation for an inXile MMO. Supposedly he said he wants to take D:OS's co-op component to "the next level", whatever that means.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
It's old news though, way before BT4 launched, so Fargo's MMO dream is probably dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom