Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Players asked for the chance to be way more evil"? They did? I wonder where; it wasn't on the forums.

Ivan

Arcane
Sharing my post from inxile forum.

Combat is dumb fun, here are some thing I'd like to see:

-differing AP costs depending on body part (arm-drop weapon, leg-hinder movement, eyes-impair aim, etc)

-elevation bonuses

-smoke grenades (visibility), emp grenades (bots), AOE nades (good way to prevent us from turtling or combat luring enemies into hallways of death)

-unique weapons with unique special attacks, for example double barreled shotty or full auto (Dead State tried this)

2 General Grievances

-having to manually shuffled weapons and weapon mods to the weaponsmith ranger is a pain
-not having all context sensitive props follow the same rules is a pain. having to search every Ranger's inventory to find that one key, or that 1 item can be tedious

My Favorite Moment (Remains The Same)

-my absolute favorite Wasteland 2 memory remains the game letting YOU intuit to use an empty water bottle on the foul well. it's a brilliant moment that makes me hopeful for more interactions with the environment. Divnity Original Sin did this a bit too but damn is it awesome.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
We're basically discussing the following: How would you add more depth to the combat, itemization, and attribute/stat mechanics?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They should either remove attributes or remove initiative and action points as derived stats.

In fact, the latter would likely work pretty well. It'd result in a lot more build variety at least.

Skill points can stay as derived from intelligence, but they have to change it. I'd recommend starting at a base of 2 and each point increasing it by .34 (fractions adding up over time like in New Vegas), that way it preserves the 2-5 range.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CrowdOx Rolling Out, Get Your Keys!
POSTED: 12/06/2016
Hey Rangers,

At this point you should be getting your CrowdOx backer survey emails in your inbox. What's CrowdOx, and why did you get an email from them? CrowdOx is a crowdfunding rewards fulfillment web site - as you may recall, we've already used it to offer PayPal pledges for Wasteland 3. We had a great experience with CrowdOx during the Fig campaign, so we've decided to keep using the service to help all of you get your game keys, rewards and other details sorted out!

CrowdOx is very simple to use, and if you have any experience with services like BackerKit, you'll know what to expect: just click the link sent to your email inbox - no new account registration is required.

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F4fd92a45e6f74c6b194133b9e8ebde9283e8e94d%2Foriginal.png%3F1481051104

When you click your email survey link, you will see a web page that looks very similar to the one above. Follow the instructions on the page by clicking the big green button after each step. You will be prompted to confirm all the details, and select your preferred game key distributor. You'll also have a chance to upgrade to a higher reward level, or select new add-ons. Finish all the steps, and you're done! It only takes a few minutes but will ensure that you get your rewards correctly later on.

Did you miss or accidentally delete your CrowdOx backer survey email? If that's the case, don't worry - you can request a new survey email be sent at any time.

Bonus Game Keys Now Available
You may remember that we offered several bonus games during the campaign, and we know many of you have been waiting! We're happy to say those are now available too.

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F92250ab4809ef4f443f1912840fa55fe70c10add%2Foriginal.png%3F1481050680

When completing your CrowdOx survey, you will get a chance to select your free game and whether you prefer Steam or GOG.com. After completing your survey, CrowdOx will send you your game key(s) in an email - you can use them and start playing immediately.

Important Note: The free game offerings from third parties (STASIS, UnderRail, Shadowrun: Dragonfall) will be available for the next three months only. You will not be able to claim those game keys after March 6th, so please get them while you can!

This same restriction does not apply to our own games such as Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera, only the ones mentioned above.

Once again, if you are missing your CrowdOx survey, you can request CrowdOx re-send it by visiting this page. And if you have any other pledge issues on CrowdOx, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

That is all for now, but I will have more to share in coming months. See you then!

Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Fry

Arcane
Didn't back it. Don't care enough to hang around the inXile forums.... but good luck with your trolling.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone know what the retail version of Wasteland 2 includes? Is the retail version the ranger edition?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually, I remember some people on the Codex being really pissed when Fargo and co talked about how being evil would end your game early in Wasteland 2. They wanted a fully supported evil path through the entire game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There are two evil paths and both involve your characters getting fucked over by robots. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Still too soon Roguey, there are no updates because Stig is working on the expansion due the first half of 2017.

I'm not going to bother with an expansion when I have a feeling I won't even like the base game. If he's not going to bother updating it for 8+ months, then it's finished enough.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brother None and sea responded obliquely to Zombra's thread about Wasteland 3 being dumbed down: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16909&p=178933#p178933

Brother None said:
Honestly, it's so early in the pre-development phase that I think it's premature for them to make any official announcement in regards to promised features or mechanics. They're probably discussing a lot of those sorts of things behind the scenes, and won't actually comment on them until they decide exactly what they want to do.

That is correct, it is too early to talk specifics. But we are reading and taking this feedback on board!

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16909&p=179003#p179003

sea said:
This kind of brings to mind interesting higher-level topics about RPGs and character systems in general.

Do you prefer games with more character stats, skills, attributes, etc. even knowing that some of those may be less comparatively valuable, or redundant with each other? Or do you like it when games have perhaps a smaller set of those, but those stats, skills and so on are more unique and more consistently useful?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Do you prefer games with more character stats, skills, attributes, etc. even knowing that some of those may be less comparatively valuable, or redundant with each other? Or do you like it when games have perhaps a smaller set of those, but those stats, skills and so on are more unique and more consistently useful?

lol

sea asks the hard questions. Do you want something we don't want to do because it's like totally shitty or do you want the actual good thing?? Eh, eh? A smart person would choose the correct answer!

Well, shit, Sherlock, with the right wording, you can (and I'm sure Brother None would agree with me) even make going to Hitler's holiday camps sound like a good idea, after all people don't want to feel stupid by choosing the bad answer!

How about if I prefer more characters stats, skills, attributes, etc that are all somewhat usable? Don't really need to have them all on the same level.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom