Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by DosBuster, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ZodoZ Savant Patron

ZodoZ
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Click here and disable ads!
    W2: Intelligence stat:

Intelligence represents the Ranger's ability to process and learn new information, and thus increase skills that much faster. Intelligence is of primary importance to "brainiac" support characters, whether they be techies or medics, but should not be forgotten lest you find your Ranger unable to keep up with the team's progress.

Intelligence influences: Bonus Skill Points per level-up, Action Points, and increases one's ability to read high-level Skill Books.

Outside of W2 and maybe it's successor(s) there is no other function of this instance of the term intelligence. Conflating an abstraction of this term and human intelligence doesn't do much more than trigger my autism.

^ Top  
  2. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Parrots:
    Yeah, you're right, it was obvious at first, but then she actually sticks around long enough that I just forgot about it, you know? It's a pretty big game, by the time you trigger whatever makes her leave, you could have clocked 15-20 hours, at that point you're not thinking about her as a tutorial helper.

^ Top  
  3. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'm just glad Angela left the party because all companion NPCs should leave the party eventually.

^ Top  
  4. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Parrots:
    People thinking that W2 character system was too punishing:retarded:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Parrots:
    Agree, you could basically do everything, really killed replayability.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Parrots:
    Only a few early checks may not be passed, apart from that every check could be passed. Even if you try to level up your weapons fast, you still won't have more that 1 maybe 2 skills not covered by the team.

^ Top  
  7. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Parrots:
    You guys are confusing two things here though.

The character system itself was definitely too punishing, and that's because there's unpredictable spikes in skill checks that make you scramble for skill points at certain areas.

It's just that it it didn't have much of practical impact on gameplay, because they packed almost everything with multiple routes and solutions. It's impossible to get stuck because of that, but system itself was still poorly thought out. Just like the game was unplayable clusterfuck on launch, despite the fact that technically it was playable because bugged quests usually had at least one solution that was working.

^ Top  
  8. Fenix Arbiter

Fenix
    Parrots:
    How fortunate, thread is live again.
    So, if there are few people who rcently played the game, I still have same question - how to deal with Canyon of Titans?
    There are multiple paths andsolutions, but I didn't find it well documented, I searched a lot.
    Playing with two dudes, one for battles, second for skills lol, flight is normal.

What are you talking about is more referred with education system than anything else.
    In USSR was different system - they tried to give as broad theoretical knowledge as possible, so for example man could respecialize in related area of expertise in case he need that.
    Western system is different - it is trying to give practical skills without deep theretical knoweledge, and is hard specialized from school.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. orcinator Learned

orcinator
    Parrots:
    The same way you deal with everything in WL2, shoot it until it dies.

As for the "choices" are concerned, you get to pick one of three endings for the area later on, anything you do before doesn't matter because reactivity boils down to having to collect more sludge if you murdered the cultists, but if you turn in the initial offering and then start killing em you'll be fine.

^ Top  
  10. Fenix Arbiter

Fenix
    Parrots:
    It isn't an answer.
    There are few paths. I still have 9 tabs opened with solutions, none of them clear in what to do.
    I already arrived to Temple.

^ Top  
  11. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    What part of Titan Canyon is giving you trouble, Fenix?

^ Top  
  12. Fenix Arbiter

Fenix
    Parrots:
    I got to Temple, saved, that's all.
    After that I searched for various variants, but abandoned game because didin't find clear information.
    There are few paths, I need to chose most effective from point of maximisation exp, items, content, that's all.

• meh meh x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    You really don't. Just play the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Fenix Arbiter

Fenix
    Parrots:
    Errrr... There are anyway 2-3 paths of development of events there, so I must chose.

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Narratively speaking, the ideal outcome wrt to Titan Canyon is just ignore the conflict entirely. While not perfect, the status quo is what works. I doubt it was an intentional reference to nation building in the middle east, but it certainly works as an allegory.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Yes. Pick one and play the game.

^ Top  
  17. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Parrots:
    I think that if you do not choose a side, some unrelated bandits will come and do a takeover?
    Also I remember replying Canyon a few times and there were more than 3 endings.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    You can't disarm the bomb either. That's also meddling.

Yeah, and they all leave the canyon and/or Damonta in a worse-off positition. :P

^ Top  
  19. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Parrots:
    I am pretty sure that letting the maniacs or militia get a hold of an atomic bomb is worse than most of other endings. Everyone knows where the bomb is, only single guy with a few basics traps is standing in a way of taking it.

^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    If they knew that, they wouldn't be sending you, a strange third party, to go acquire it. There's no ending slide for the area at all if you just pass through without accomplishing anything.

^ Top  
  21. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Parrots:
    They give location on the map and say that they know where the bomb is. They are just afraid of some traps, that why they send a third party.

^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    And they'll forever be afraid of those traps because that's how RPGs work. :)

^ Top  
  23. Fenix Arbiter

Fenix
    Parrots:
    I dom't care about lolplot because everything in game remind my Gypsy circus, don't know if it exist at all.
    Well, I tried to bring Good in Wasteland, but not in CT - all sides equally disgusting.
    So what I need - content.
    Exp, items, weapon, dialogues - in not particular order.
    What I remember - there was path when CT repopulated with enemies and they are even infinite how someone stated.

^ Top  
  24. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Fine. Side with the Diamondback Militia, that will get you most xp. Be sure to go through the canyon 3 times before moving on to Silo 7, more guys appear after certain events.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. the_shadow Cipher

the_shadow
    Parrots:
    I've just started playing Wasteland 2. My memory is a little foggy, but I seem to remember it has gotten a rather mixed reception on the 'Dex. I guess when something is proclaimed as a spiritual successor to a piece of art that has a cult following, it's not going to live up to the hype for some fans.

Anyway, I expected the game to be crap, but am pleasantly surprised. Apart from Underrail and Pillars of Eternity, it's the only 'newer' enjoyable RPG I've played in a while. It's also a lot harder than I expected, even though I'm playing on Normal difficulty. I was struggling against the Diamondback militia at the Titan Pass (although I don't know why they are ambushing me when I want to join them!), so I'm exploring around the Ranger Citadel. At the moment assault rifles seem the way to go, having both a decent range and good damage, although blunt weapons are also decent.

Any early gameplay tips here? And did you feel Wasteland 2 is a worthy spiritual successor of Fallout?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)