Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yup. That's how I felt which is why you two options - increase your skill or go online. See, multiple ways to complete the quest. :)

acer palmatum

Scholar
That's one of many things to love about WL2. It really rewards paying attention

Yeah but in this instance the password is PROTEUS and if you haven't played Wasteland 1 you have no idea who or what it is and that he's related to Darwin. So if you went for Highpool first and didn't pick up Rosie you'll go mad trying to figure out how to get into Darwin.

If you do the museum tour, Flinstone tells you about the head and and the book "The history of the desert rangers part 5" tells you where it's from.

So all the info you need is in Wasteland 2 itself if you just keep looking.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's one of many things to love about WL2. It really rewards paying attention

Yeah but in this instance the password is PROTEUS and if you haven't played Wasteland 1 you have no idea who or what it is and that he's related to Darwin. So if you went for Highpool first and didn't pick up Rosie you'll go mad trying to figure out how to get into Darwin.

If you do the museum tour, Flinstone tells you about the head and and the book "The history of the desert rangers part 5" tells you where it's from.

So all the info you need is in Wasteland 2 itself if you just keep looking.
Yup that happened exactly to me, after the tour I recalled that it was refering to the storyline of W1 even though I had not played that game

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
One big question guys.
I'm currently playing this game, and have question about playthrough.
Namely Prison - can you e.g. do like that, that you KILL every Red Scorpions there AND save all peasants?
I thought about - what if you got info about rad.suits from Red, got them, then you get track for robot in Damonta, went back in Prison, and kill all Red Scorpions, fixed robot and killed all behind turrets?
It would be enough to save peasants and kill all bad guys?

I'm actually killed all RSM except those who behind turrets (obviously), but if there is a way to kill them AND save civilians, I'll do it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Namely Prison - can you e.g. do like that, that you KILL every Red Scorpions there AND save all peasants?"

Yes and no.

Modron

Arcane
One big question guys.
Namely Prison - can you e.g. do like that, that you KILL every Red Scorpions there AND save all peasants?
I thought about - what if you got info about rad.suits from Red, got them, then you get track for robot in Damonta, went back in Prison, and kill all Red Scorpions, fixed robot and killed all behind turrets?

I'm actually killed all RSM except those who behind turrets (obviously), but if there is a way to kill them AND save civilians, I'll do it.
Well back in the day when the wasteland beta ended after the prison people were saying they managed to kill the turrets using sniper rifles modified specifically for maximum range to slowly plink away at the turrets safely outside of their range to get in and find the prison empty. I don't know if they modified the range of the turrets since but you might look into modifying whatever available rifle that has the longest range and report back.

One big question guys.

Well back in the day when the wasteland beta ended after the prison people were saying they managed to kill the turrets using sniper rifles modified specifically for maximum range to slowly plink away at the turrets safely outside of their range to get in and find the prison empty. I don't know if they modified the range of the turrets since but you might look into modifying whatever available rifle that has the longest range and report back.

You just can't aim at them if I remember correctly.
:)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
"Namely Prison - can you e.g. do like that, that you KILL every Red Scorpions there AND save all peasants?"

Yes and no.

Oh dear, are you scoffing at me? Can you fucking write clear and straight?
I just want to know is it possible or not?
It is DC obvioisly, they patched all loopholes for destroing turrets without going to Damonta.
So I need not a guesses but real info.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Meanwhile in Russia some useful info for future players of Wasteland 2.
http://wasteland.wikia.com/wiki/Attribute_Checks

I have info what to do for "peaceful solution" in Prison, judging by the date it is about original Wasteland 2, but maybe they didn't changed it.
So, you need:
- don't kill large packs of RSM on locations
- peaceful solution for Assessor
- don't kill RSM in cave
- dont kill RSM in camp in Prison location
- don't kill Pitbull in RRN
- don't kill non-hostile RSM
- don't unlock Pitbull's slave pens
- install retranslator in Damonta
- do quest about poisoned dogs

This mean that if you do something that contradicts that list, they kill civilians. I did nothing, and when I went for radsuits and returned, all civilians in HV were still alive.

So my question is relevant? and I stopped my walkthrough untill I get clear answer is it possible or it is impossible.

acer palmatum

Scholar

Yes and no.

Oh dear, are you scoffing at me? Can you fucking write clear and straight?
It is DC obvioisly, they patched all loopholes for destroing turrets without going to Damonta.
So I need not a guesses but real info.

You can kill all RSM outside the turrents, but in the release version there is no way to get past the turrents and kill the main force of the RSM - this will only be possible later in the game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Oh dear, are you scoffing at me? Can you fucking write clear and straight?
So I need not a guesses but real info."

L0L Codex L0L Even, when I the hunble Volourn give a straight up non mean answer I still get butthurt crybabies whining how 'mean' I am. :)

acer palmatum

Scholar
You can kill all RSM outside the turrents, but in the release version there is no way to get past the turrents and kill the main force of the RSM - this will only be possible later in the game.
Did you really read my question?

That was the question my answer was for.

As for the peaceful resolution post, I have no idea - but I doubt it. As far as I know the peasants are killed for the poisened dogs as revenge and you can't prevent this to happen - also as far as I know.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
As far as I know the peasants are killed for the poisened dogs as revenge and you can't prevent this to happen - also as far as I know.
That bad and meaningless, sadly.
So even if you won't do anything that can anger RSM, when you return from Damonta with track\thread, civilians will be dead?
Did somebody tried to do nothing from list, and look what happend? By nothing I mean don't kill Pitbull in RRN, because that maybe an issue.
If they anyway got killed for poisoned dogs then it is ultimate shit without any options lol.

acer palmatum

Scholar
As far as I know the peasants are killed for the poisened dogs as revenge and you can't prevent this to happen - also as far as I know.
That bad and meaningless, sadly.
So even if you won't do anything that can anger RSM, when you return from Damonta with track\thread, civilians will be dead?
Did somebody tried to do nothing from list, and look what happend? By nothing I mean don't kill Pitbull in RRN, because that maybe an issue.
If they anyway got killed for poisoned dogs then it is ultimate shit without any options lol.

Even the loading screen in WL2 says something like "sometimes there is no happy end - no matter how hard you try".
As Zombra wrote this isn't a game where you can save everyone and live happily ever after.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The confrontation with what'shisname as the last thing you do in Arizona is necessary for narrative purposes, so there has to be a reason for you to revisit that place (and a reason for you to not do it earlier than that). :M

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
OK, I'll keep old route - kill them all etc and won't reload, but question still opened untill someone try to check it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I tried to open a link I posted with attribute checks, but my Dr.Web blocked it because of something called redirectvglink.com. WTF?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it possible in DC to save "I'll protect you Sarah!" - female in Canyon of Titan, blown by monk? In previous version it was possible I have read.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I found the answer lol.
And looks like major modder of STALKER community was playing Wasteland 2 too lol.
You can't save her at all now and looks like W2 DC i sa fucking mess, and there was REAL CUT.

I don't get why this quest has went from having a couple solutions to now being a fragment of something that once existed. In beta you used to be able to tell the Dr. about her and give her prostetic legs. Then for some reason you couldn't do it anymore and you had to snipe the raider to save her. Now you can't do anything with her other then take her locket.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
I just finished the game! I must say it left a much better aftertaste than the pillows of balancity.

Half of my squad was totaled in the final battle with my healer and main guy left bleeding out so I quickly put points in surgeon on my last 2 guys but there were no surgeon kits anywhere so I rushed out with a 1 HP indian guy from the level up mine and my Abdul terrorist safe cracker, just barely made it to the nuke before my other guys bled out, sacrificed the indian to blow it up and watched the credits roll. Scotchmo was burried next to his wife, Vargas paid with his life for his arrogance and general idiocy, some shit happened in the various locations but I didn't much care for that. The husband and wife helping out in the final battle was a nice touch and their corpses got a hero's welcome at their home.

I have fond memories of some of the moments and overall I think the game was solid. I'll try to write it down later in detail.

Now I'll prepare for Dungeon Rats!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Can someone help me with Canyon\Tample of Titans quests?
I got seek, feel myself very weak and couldn't gather strenght to play W2 even hour in past 24 hours, sleep two times at day instead of usual one per two days.

Can you help with most beneficial quest path? Maximum quests, exp, access to maximum area etc.
I initially chose to not give
warhead
to anyone, don't like both M.A.D. Monks or DBM.
Tl;dr - help to squeeze maximum from that location\questline.
Have save before conversation with Enola, naked dude, didn't hurt any Monks or DBM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom