Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He can ask for a pocket calculator version for all I care, the simple fact is he won't get it. These people need to learn to read
Just FYI, there's a Fargo quote somewhere where he talks about what to do with the funds beyond the original demand and tablets are mentioned as a platform.

Re: Minigames
by Drool » March 19th, 2012, 9:04 pm
Vryheid wrote:The gambling was decent in FNV, but it was definitely worth doing if you had a character with maxxed out luck. Getting 20s and 21s on every single draw in Blackjack no matter how badly you played was hilarious.​

Gambling in New Vegas was a means to an end. I never did it because it was "fun". I did it to get the achievement and I did it to get enough caps to fund cybernetics. It was not fun, because it almost entirely relied on your Luck stat.

:lol: this never gets old. A gamer can't get more stereotypical than that.

"This is not fun at all"

"Then why are you playing?"

"To get the HIGH SCORE!:mad: "

Re: Minigames

by paultakeda » March 19th, 2012, 6:11 pm
MDF_MadDogFargo wrote:don't ask about stuff like mini games or sims. you aren't going to get any love on this forum. Nevermind that Wasteland has tons of minigames - every use of a skill is a game! And Wasteland itself could be a mini-game in this game because it really is a mini-game itself.​

Where did this come from? I think you're taking the locking of your thread a little too hard.

"A minigame inside a minigame inside a minigame inside a minigame? We have to go derper"

This is getting prosperian.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=761
MDF_MadDogFargo said:
Yes! I think current RPGs have barely scratched the surface on this. I've suggested this before and gotten derisive comments that compare it to The Sims. We are all too used to thinking of an RPG as one thing (mainly combat) and a Sim as another thing (mainly household/romance). But all computer games are simulations, it just depends on how you want to spend your time. Wasteland characters should have enough depth of character and ties to the game world that they do individual and believable things, including sex and relationships too. A group of characters who do human things together is more fun to play exploring the desert killing mutants and robots than a cookie-cutter HALO squad of macho rednecks.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
He's got a point. I've been campaigning to add turn based tactical squad combat in the Sims community for a while, but they keep locking my threads for some reason. Why can't they just realise that I'm turned off by their boring and unrealistic cartoon combat? Why can't they see, codex? Why can't they see!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, but I'm pretty sure there are bestiality mods for the TES-game if you look hard enough, though you don't see many people clamouring for hot Mutated Dog-Protagonist sex. Mods tend to attract a small audience. Still, it could be a real argument.
There's Lover's Bitch for Oblivion. It adds the ability to "tame" wolves and stray dogs and then train them. You can all store them in a kennel. Different dogs have different stats and give different bonuses depending on how much you trained them. There are also some quests, such as training a dog in front of an audience or befriending ten wild wolves. Your dogs even level up and learn new abilities the more they are trained and knotted.

That's what I heard at least.

Edit: The forums blooows. I want to write a post that'd get me banned almost every thread. The decline/trollage is strong.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yes, but I'm pretty sure there are bestiality mods for the TES-game if you look hard enough, though you don't see many people clamouring for hot Mutated Dog-Protagonist sex. Mods tend to attract a small audience. Still, it could be a real argument.
There's Lover's Bitch for Oblivion. It adds the ability to "tame" wolves and stray dogs and then train them. You can all store them in a kennel. Different dogs have different stats and give different bonuses depending on how much you trained them. There are also some quests, such as training a dog in front of an audience or befriending ten wild wolves. Your dogs even level up and learn new abilities the more they are trained and knotted.

That's what I heard at least.

Edit: The forums blooows. I want to write a post that'd get me banned almost every thread. The decline/trollage is strong.

:D The "That's what I heard at least." puts you in an unflattering light, you yiffster you. "My friend has genital warts, any idea how I- ehhm, he can cure them?"

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
dtpZ4.jpg

That's what I heard at least

something tells me you're deriving some enjoyment from describing this mod in great detail to the codex whenever possible
I'm on to your shadowy agenda

likaq

Arcane
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...inxile-talks-wasteland-2-kickstarter-success/

With just about one and a half times the necessary funding for the game already promised through Kickstarter, Fargo is already planning how that extra money is going to be used. “Having more money means the writers will get to make the game broader and deeper. The bigger music and sound budget means more great music from Mark Morgan. It also allows for more varied environments, more character portraits and interesting effects like having radiation clouds that float move over areas.”

“In addition to more locations, we’ll have the manpower to create more layered effects based on what the player is up to. Cause and effect is everything in a good RPG so triggering based off more variables makes for a better world. This can range from having hundreds of different NPC dialogue remarks based on who is in the party, encounters that react to what you look like, scenes that open up based on how violent you were or perhaps how low your intelligence is. This kind of depth is what made Wasteland 1 so good.”

:love:

Gregz

Arcane
He's got a point. I've been campaigning to add turn based tactical squad combat in the Sims community for a while, but they keep locking my threads for some reason. Why can't they just realise that I'm turned off by their boring and unrealistic cartoon combat? Why can't they see, codex? Why can't they see!

:lol:

Man, I really hope Fargo doesn't pull a George Lucas.

He's got cozy money ahead of schedule, and he's got a loving fan base...potential for disaster really.

I hope he's got some 'no men' on the team to slap him around and keep him straight.

Stabwound

Arcane
Brian Fargo said:
With just about one and a half times the necessary funding for the game already promised through Kickstarter, Fargo is already planning how that extra money is going to be used. “Having more money means the writers will get to make the game broader and deeper. The bigger music and sound budget means more great music from Mark Morgan. It also allows for more varied environments, more character portraits and interesting effects like having radiation clouds that float move over areas.”

“In addition to more locations, we’ll have the manpower to create more layered effects based on what the player is up to. Cause and effect is everything in a good RPG so triggering based off more variables makes for a better world. This can range from having hundreds of different NPC dialogue remarks based on who is in the party, encounters that react to what you look like, scenes that open up based on how violent you were or perhaps how low your intelligence is. This kind of depth is what made Wasteland 1 so good.”
As long as it doesn't pull a Skyrim and have people you walk by tell you to join the mage's college when you're already the arch mage.

Sounds cool in theory though.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'm still not sure about this MDF guy. He doesn't seem to be breaking any rules tho.

Man, I really hope Fargo doesn't pull a George Lucas.

He's got cozy money ahead of schedule, and he's got a loving fan base...potential for disaster really.

I hope he's got some 'no men' on the team to slap him around and keep him straight.

Well, this is one of the reasons he brought up himself for getting in touch with NMA (and other fan communities). To help keep em on the straight and narrow.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I think he means, at that time period, Tim Cain wanted the game to have a more serious tone, whilst Fargo wanted more humor and violence, and we got Fallout out of those clashing values.

Stelcio

Savant
I expect Fallout-like experience - no matter serious or not, I don't even care if it's TB or iso, it just needs to have similiar quality, depth and scale.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
If it takes itself too seriously I will be a bit annoyed. After hearing the talk with Cain I bet a million dollars that's what he was upset about with Fargo. I know he was mad about the demands for lots of violence :roll:
What?
Tim Cain quit fallout 2 because he didn't like the stuff fargo wanted. But the violence in Fallout was at Fargo's insistence and things like the execution opener turned out to be classics. He came up with the name fallout. He came up with the idea for perks. He had the idea to make it post apocalyptic. Fallout 1 + 2 also turned out to be great games, so what was cain's gripe?
Tim Cain was bragging about the violence in Fallout and when talking about graphics he was talking about awesome exploding child animation. He quit because the management started meddling with the project and was pushing things like the Temple of Trials tutorial which is almost universally hated by players.

zeitgeist

Magister
MDF_MadDogFargo said:
A group of characters who do human things together is more fun to play exploring the desert killing mutants and robots than a cookie-cutter HALO squad of macho rednecks.
All his trolling and general silliness aside, this is absolutely right taken out of context like this. See: JA2, Wiz8, X-COM.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Temple of trials wasn't a bad idea, it was just poorly implemented.

Now, 'Ghost Town Gunfight' in New Vegas, is sort of a 'Temple of Trials' done correctly; it's completely optional and it's a fun way to ensure that you have some handy starting skills to help you on your way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom