Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Chuck Norris

Augur
Just looking at that thread makes me fucking sick to my stomach. Why these fucking LGBT animals have to put their bullshit everywhere. If you're a faggot, just keep it to yourself. It's nothing to be proud of. These LGBT freaks who constantly try to defend and promote their sexual orientations all deserve to die very violently.

likaq

Arcane
That is because you are talking about Fallout 1. Fallout 2 doesnt have filler towns.
You missed some of the previous conversation about Cain leaving because he was mad over fallout 2 changes. I'm pretty sure it was due to rage about gaminess, lack of realism, incontinuity. Usual storyfag complaints. But I think the world in Fallout 2 was better than Fallout 1. Bigger and with no boring parts. Wasteland was even better in this regard, nothing was remotely similar it was a truly around world. Which is exactly how scifi should be. It's not a documentary.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
They should also allow to romance rats at the beginning. I missed this option in start of Fallout.

I mean, i dont like rats, but maybe someone like sex with rats and will be offended if they dont put it in video game.

Also, about killing jews, i heard some may like this idea and get offended if this dont get in this game.

Gave devs should follow ALL peoples requests, gay romances included.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well I just started Wasteland this morning for the first time, went with the default party, went to Highpool, checked out the place, noticed a locked door. Had no key so used strength to break it open, pissed off some fuckers. Got clues about potential quests along with the notes on the wall. Saw some rubble in some building, used perception skill to notice it was a generator that could be replaced. With my new knowledge I could finally talk to the kid about things. Went to the Agricultural center, took the bunny quest, saw a locked gate, tried using strength, didn't work. Used crowbar, it worked, picked up my first loot. Fought lizards, couldn't hit them for shit with guns so I switched to knives. Oops, out of range so I ran forward and cut up the fuckers.

In just a few minutes I had to use my brain and my non combat skills more than in every Bioware game this decade.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT FROM WASTELAND 2.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Games simply don't have the depth to properly handle blowing peoples' heads off while at the same time providing social commentary about faggotry.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Just looking at that thread makes me fucking sick to my stomach. Why these fucking LGBT animals have to put their bullshit everywhere. If you're a faggot, just keep it to yourself. It's nothing to be proud of. These LGBT freaks who constantly try to defend and promote their sexual orientations all deserve to die very violently.

To them, if you're gay, or a lesbian, or a bisexual, you have to tell the whole damn world about it.

It's funny, because by that logic, I should go to Trafalgar Square, with a signboard in front of me that says "IM AZN AND IM PROUD!" just to be edgy or to abide by whatever rationale these fools concoct to justify their arguments.

I wish I can just forget about this argument on romances that we have over there, or at least ignore it, but it's difficult to not look at them and be reminded about the pathetic state of gaming today. It's sad that one even has to request for gay characters to be added to the game, under the irrational argument that it's "more realistic".

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like how you can hit on a few companions in FNV but they won't give a shit and return your affection even if you are the right gender. It's like they gave a good satisfying fuck you to all the Biowhores. That game is so awesome on so many levels.
Loved the giovanni chick that got really mad if you flirted with her as a woman even with max social stats. A challenge! Lulz.

I_am_Ian

Arbiter
Patron
Of all the suspensions of disbelief that is required to enjoy a game, the romantic connections are the hardest ones for me to suspend my disbelief of. It is so completely inhuman and unnatural to fall in virtual love via a few cutscenes that it's not worth doing. The whole thing is cringe inducing.

MetalCraze

Arcane
what does Gaider and Hepler have to do with great romance?
Because their shit writing actually works with their fanbase? There were a lot of people buying Mass Effect sequels so they could see Tali undressed.
They created a whole dating sim fanbase around themselves.
Fuck even in ME1 every dialogue with any character on your ship is just for "romancing". You either romance the character or you avoid talking to it at all.

A pussylicking action game? Where will you use fingers, where to put tongue, etc. If you don't do well enough she just wants to sleep.

Bioware fanbase would need quest compass first to begin the quest.

laclongquan

Arcane
That is because you are talking about Fallout 1. Fallout 2 doesnt have filler towns.
You missed some of the previous conversation about Cain leaving because he was mad over fallout 2 changes. I'm pretty sure it was due to rage about gaminess, lack of realism, incontinuity. Usual storyfag complaints. But I think the world in Fallout 2 was better than Fallout 1. Bigger and with no boring parts. Wasteland was even better in this regard, nothing was remotely similar it was a truly around world. Which is exactly how scifi should be. It's not a documentary.

Elaborate if you please. I know you can laugh like idiot, now, which I dont really need to know.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Brian Fargo in the newest update said:
One of the (more common) questions I am asked is whether we'll support console and I believe it to be unlikely. It is imperative that we deliver the core PC experience that the fans are expecting here and I want to avoid any elements that could distract us. The console interface is quite different when you consider the input device and proximity to the screen whereas the Mac and Linux are pretty much identical to that of the "PC". We will consider a tablet version due to the similarity of the screen and interface but even on that we need to do a bit more research.

:salute: :bro:

There are some awesome facts in the last update, like the wealthy Wasteland 1 fan that proposed to fund the game all by himself. Amazing stuff.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Relax Man, Fargo will give them their Homos/Furies/LGBT NPCs while Guns and Flamethrowers to us.... :incline:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Brian Fargo in the newest update said:
One of the (more common) questions I am asked is whether we'll support console and I believe it to be unlikely. It is imperative that we deliver the core PC experience that the fans are expecting here and I want to avoid any elements that could distract us. The console interface is quite different when you consider the input device and proximity to the screen whereas the Mac and Linux are pretty much identical to that of the "PC". We will consider a tablet version due to the similarity of the screen and interface but even on that we need to do a bit more research.

:salute: :bro:

There are some awesome facts in the last update, like the wealthy Wasteland 1 fan that proposed to fund the game all by himself. Amazing stuff.
He even mentioned something about helping other developers with their Kickstarter projects, in terms of funding. There's just so much incline in all of this, this Kickstarter craze. It could well mean the end of publisher despotism.

:bro:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
IIRC one of the supporting cast husband had to be killed off cause he was turning in the beginning. How do I give a fuck about him within 5 mins huh?
Bioware roleplayers immerse themselves into a role from zero to forced drama in 3 seconds
"Dragon Age 2 starts off in the darkest of melancholies and piles on the stark revelations one after the other...a truly interactive Shakespearean tragedy, if Shakespearean tragedies had moved on from the past."

Bioware fanbase would need quest compass first to begin the quest.
Bioware: "Strategic high intensity pressing of our awesome button simulates the difficulty of resisting ejaculation, but we decided this wasn't challenging enough for modern gamers. We have therefore decided to add five more awesome buttons to press at the same time so as to give our fans the amount of gameplay they deserve. Watch your character's expression on the screen to plan how much awesome you need. "

mondblut

Arcane
What to avoid : replay value. Gamers want to see everything on their first playthrough now.

For everyone except a few, sad, desperate fanboys the first playthrough will be the only one (and even if they eventually replay it, they will follow the same path because, you know, it was that path that made them enjoy the game in the first place). "Replay value" is a horrid concept.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom