Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Johannes

Arcane
D
It actually would be cool if by "house" it was actually a ranger center. That would make much more sense than owning an actual house, and it would possibly be a fun part of the game, ie recruiting/convincing/coercing a doctor to work in your ranger center, things like that. It wouldn't have to be shitty or "sims" like at all if it was done right.

Yeah, well ranger center should be an integral part of the game, because it WAS in the original. Hope they now how to integrate it properly.
It was? I only remember starting from it and radio'ing to it pretty much, was there any reason to visit there during the game?

Didn't you need to get your ranger promotions there?
You called there with your radio phone to do that. Not sure if same thing could be done with a physical visit, but even the it'd be just pointless extra travel compared to using the radio.

Morkar Left

Is it possible this is not trolling?

I have been keeping an eye on that account but I'm not really sure. I think someone flagged it as "possible Andhaira alt". Thoughts?

As for democracy, well doesn't Bethesda censor and ban all "unwanted" opinions?
Yeah, but that's Bethesda. Fuck em

-Skills that are related to more than one task. For example, a juggling skill that is good for entertainment and good for 'juggling' relationships.
I don't know if it's Andy, but I'll be damned if it isn't a troll. Unless the world has gone insane while I wasn't looking. Seriously, there's no precedent for juggling in any rpg, so I doubt it's just a bioware/bethesda fan gone wild.

I wouldn't overreact. Maybe it's just his sense of humor or even a misused / wrong translated word. The rest of his post sounds serious (but not bright). Keep in mind he could be very young, too.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Anyway, I am getting an increasing urge to sign in.
41024.jpg

This thread and the forums over there just make me hope Fargo ignores the chittering monkeys and does what he has already proven he can do. Design and make a good game without having people look over his shoulder to tell him what to do. No point in getting rid of the marketing and finance suits if you let their place get taken over by the typical forum rabble.

Trash, you're a real bro! :bro:
But still, there's a real chance Fargo WILL listen to input. So we must continue the good fight, and be ever vigilant for heathens! :obviously:

Is it possible this is not trolling?

I have been keeping an eye on that account but I'm not really sure. I think someone flagged it as "possible Andhaira alt". Thoughts?

This thread in particular strikes me as quintessential Andhaira;

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=541&p=8105#p8105

1) Ridiculous premise, borderline nonsensical.

2) Lack of actual debate, kind of a troll dump if you will.

3) The 'Discuss!' at the end

It's one of the accounts earlier entries too, along with other 'dump' threads. Not sure what to think of it, but the stealth troll of 'juggling' certainly rekindled my suspicions.

He knows if he's too overt about it, he's banned, so I would nuke first and ask questions later to be quite honest.

Renegen

Arcane
I can't wait to have the best RPG in the last 10 years ruined (or saved?) by Andhaira. He's our Vault Dweller, banished because of his knowledge and influence.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=711&start=10#p11304

"And Wasteland itself could be a mini-game in this game because it really is a mini-game itself."

Definite Andhaira confirmation?

Goddammit it's so annoying to have him over there. I don't want to do the shoot first and ask questions later thing but I'm not an expert at identifying him, so I have no idea. If this thread is dedicated to identifying Andhaira alts from now on I'll be happy.

Is there a usual IP set he can be identified by? This one had an rr.com IP.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only way to flush him out is to sent in a countertroll, posing as a Jew who hates Russia and Pakistan.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Once I played this Wasteland 2 and I like it enough, I might give Wasteland 1 a try despite it's awful, awful graphics. I can only tolerate graphics that are so old. Sprite based I can tolerate anything newer than 16-bit era. 3D graphics 64-bit or newer. Some of those Playstation games with 3D graphics look like fucking shit. Can't tolerate that crap.

Stabwound

Arcane
Give Wasteland 1 a try. The graphics aren't bad, you could do far worse. And the character portraits are actually pretty damn good considering it came out in '88. The game is way better and fun than the graphics might make you believe.

MisterStone

Arcane
Once I played this Wasteland 2 and I like it enough, I might give Wasteland 1 a try despite it's awful, awful graphics. I can only tolerate graphics that are so old. Sprite based I can tolerate anything newer than 16-bit era. 3D graphics 64-bit or newer. Some of those Playstation games with 3D graphics look like fucking shit. Can't tolerate that crap.
:mob:

Why is there no nega-brofist for occasions like this?

DragoFireheart

:mob:

Why is there no nega-brofist for occasions like this?

I find that as the graphical quality goes down, artistic quality also tends to get lost as well. It's less me being a graphics whore and more being an art-style whore. Compare the box art, which sets the mood quite well, with the intro screen and the in-game images. Generic looking and boring. It doesn't set it apart from other games. It's not the games fault for that lack of style due to graphical limitations, but I still don't like it.

DragoFireheart

Give Wasteland 1 a try. The graphics aren't bad, you could do far worse. And the character portraits are actually pretty damn good considering it came out in '88. The game is way better and fun than the graphics might make you believe.

Yeah, the portraits are pretty good. I'm being a bit harsher than I should be honestly. It still looks generic as hell though.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
J.E. Sawyer on crowdfunding: http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/03/kickstarter-and-fanvestor-oriented-game.html

Facilitating interaction between the developers and community has always been important to me. You can't make everyone happy, certainly, but you can help the community understand what you're doing -- and why. When the community gains this understanding, their expectations can be framed in a way that appreciates the process the developers go through. Not everyone will agree with the decisions developers make, but that's fine -- you can't make everyone happy, whether you're being funded by a publisher or the endusers. We shouldn't try to. But we should all try to engage our audience in the spirit of genuine interest, listen to what they have to say, give honest feedback, and formulate an experience that they will enjoy.

MisterStone

Arcane
More tardism in the W2 forums:

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=429

Unfortunately, I was too young to experience the original Wasteland in it's heyday, but based on the fact that the Fallout series is based on Wasteland, I figure it has Ghouls of some sort too. I was always disappointed by the fact that none of the Fallout games allowed the PC to become a ghoul if exposed to large quantities of radiation often enough.

So I'm requesting that Ghoulification of squad members be a possibility (maybe even a starting trait!) much like Vampirism or Lycanthropy were options in the Elder Scrolls series. It would come with it's positive and negative effects on stats and social interactions which could be temporarily alleviated (at least the social interactions) by wearing a mask or a generous amount of makeup, but a more permanent solution would not be so easy to come by, if even available at all.

Thanks for making a sequel to one of the greatest games I've never played! And thank you to everyone else who contributed to the Kickstarter fund; you're making it possible for younger folks to experience something special!

Troll possibly, but then other people start to say this is a good idea. o_O

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Comparing Wasteland 2 with Dead Space and "Apple versions" :lol:

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=762

I found no proper room for this, so I post it here.

I would LOVE a android/apple version of this game for smartphones & pads. EA did this for Dead Space, but thats real time. A turnbased Wasteland's for the phones/pads > Linux (sorry guys) and gamestations = xlnt.

Then I/we all could play this on the buss, train, lunch breaks, vacations, etc. I'm not saying you should "downsize" the game for it to suit/fit the android/iphone market. But to have that idea/option in the back of your head while developing it for the PC's.
I'd gladly pay for a full game for my computer + again for my Android pad/phone.

Oesophagus

Arcane
He can ask for a pocket calculator version for all I care, the simple fact is he won't get it. These people need to learn to read

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Also, what the fuck is wrong with these people asking for randomized dungeons so they can "replay the game like Diablo"? :retarded:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
It's from their experience of having to randomise dungeons in realtime games so as to not get completely bored. This translates to them thinking oh dear god dat turn based thing needs more help than real time it is gonna be so bad without mah randomised corridors

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If Wasteland 2 stays true to it's roots, these people who cannot even read and comprehend a simple description of the planned game are going to shit themselves when they finally try to play it. :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
If Wasteland 2 stays true to it's roots, these people who cannot even read and comprehend a simple description of the planned game are going to shit themselves when they finally try to play it. :smug:

Amd we'll have a glorious thread to chronicle their pants-shitting. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom