Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Wasteland 2 or PoE?

Which one is better?

• Total voters

Nael

Arcane
Is divinity original sin better than these two?

Gameplay in D:OS is better than those two but the writing and overall experience is fucking horrible. My 4 year old daughter could come up with a more engrossing story.

EDIT: I'll second others on the opinion of Underrail. It is going to be the best cRPG to come out in a long, long time. And this is based upon in depth experience with the EA. The finished version will be something that will be a New Golden Age unto itself. If you buy any cRPG today Underrail is the one you want but the only reason I didn't write that at first was because it wouldn't have answered the OP's question.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Gameplay in D:OS is better than those two but the writing and overall experience is fucking horrible. My 4 year old daughter could come up with a more engrossing story.

The only part where the gameplay is better imho is the combat. Qestdesign, dialogue, character progression, pixelhunt, pretty linear gameplay due to high hitchance penalty versus enemies with a higher level than you are all points where divinity was weaker than wasteland2 and in some points also POE.

Nael

Arcane
The only part where the gameplay is better imho is the combat. Qestdesign, dialogue, character progression, pixelhunt, pretty linear gameplay due to high hitchance penalty versus enemies with a higher level than you are all points where divinity was weaker than wasteland2 and in some points also POE.

Yeah, I was mainly referring to the way the elements work together and ways that you can physically overcome different challenges by utilizing magic tricks in ways that aren't immediately obvious. The gameplay is what I could call "clever." PoE and WL2 aren't clever. They're very straightforward.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Yeah we all agree that the combat is super fun, it carries the whole game. But for me, gameplay is more than just combat in crpg. IF OP is a combatfag, then Divinity is the definitely right game for him.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The story is just a banal high-fantasy story with a lot of (bad mostly) comedy. It's not so bad as the Codex would say for someone that hasn't played 100 high-fantasy RPGs already... But for someone that has, it does get to the point that you just click away all the dialogs.

Kuurth

Novice
PoE, at least it doesn't look like shit/mud. Wasteland 2 has bad models, shit hud, shit everything basically.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
These games are light years better than POE:
- Serpent in the Staglands
- Lords of Xulima
- Dragonfall Director's Cut
- The Banner Saga
- Invisible Inc
OK guys I know its common to exaggerate in here but saying that for example LoX or Invisible Inc(which is awesome but has very limited content) are "light years better" than PoE is too much. Hell even S: DF which I loved looks a bit too "indie" when compared to PoE.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also one and a half turds is like 15 and started playing RPGs with KOTOR 2 so you can trust his experience and opinions on what is a good RPG.

Sjukob

Arcane
A lot of people here were 15 when they played their first RPGs and often give opinions based on their experiences back from then where their brains were virgin and open
That's why people think that Morrowind is good .

To OP , I haven't played WL2 , but don't bother with PoE . If you liked Fallout , than I would suggest to listen to people who advice you to play Underrail

roshan

Arcane
OK guys I know its common to exaggerate in here but saying that for example LoX or Invisible Inc(which is awesome but has very limited content) are "light years better" than PoE is too much. Hell even S: DF which I loved looks a bit too "indie" when compared to PoE.

Of course an isometric blobber and a tactical party based stealth game are not going to be directly comparable to POE, but all these are actually good games that were designed thoughtfully and came together as fun, cohesive experiences. On top of all that, they brought new things to the table that weren't done previously in RPGs. On the other hand, POE tries to imitate the IE classics, and takes the worst aspects of every game, fucks them up, and then layers retarded systems on top of it all.

Take combat. Pillars dumps you with lots of trash combat. But in some areas, you fight the same encounter over and over again, and in other areas, you encounter a different horde of trash monsters behind every bush. There's no dialogue blurbs or miniquests to break things up like in BG1, there's none of BG1's sense of spacing things out, the encounters don't integrate into the setting and lore the way they did in IWD1 and PST, there's none of the variety and tactical challenges of BG2, etc. Even on a purely encounter design basis, not a single good point of any IE game has been retained, in fact, Shitternity successfully combines the worst aspects of IWD, PST, BG1 and BG2 .

Take dialogue. You have the longwindedness of PST, the lack of compulsion of BG1, the linearity of IWD, and the self seriousness of main plot BG2. It's the worst of every IE game blended together into a disgusting muck.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Looks ugly to me and the early beta I bought and played 3 years ago was boring as fuck.

I'll eventually try it, but the hype it receives from people I consider retards like this roshan person speaks ill of the game. As an Ultra-Reactionary nativist objectivist Catholic, I'll forgive this stuff which has nothing to do with the game itself and give it a chance when the time comes and it is officially launched by Styg.

Sjukob

Arcane
Looks ugly to me and the early beta I bought and played 3 years ago was boring as fuck.

I'll eventually try it, but the hype it receives from people I consider retards like this roshan person speaks ill of the game. As an Ultra-Reactionary nativist objectivist Catholic, I'll forgive this stuff which has nothing to do with the game itself and give it a chance when the time comes and it is officially launched by Styg.
People who say something like : " Underrail is the golden crown on top of the RPG genre " are exaggerating a lot . But the game is decent . Seems like people will overhype everything .

Darkzone

Arcane
Why are you surprised? PoE is one of the blandest, most boring games ever conceived. Wasteland 2 isn't perfect but at least its a lot of fun.
I'm not surprised, but this gives me some thoughts about preferences and that is quite interesting. WL2 was for me the big disappointment, but in my current playthrough of WL2:DC i have made my peace with it. And i could paraphrase VD: "i like it now for what it is". PoE never played that kind of role for me and i have anticipated that it will be not that good. And the longer i played PoE, the more it has lost it's appeal. (So the statement is that i have also voted for WL2.)
I, like Invictus, prefer the setting of Wasteland even over Fallout: wacky, but not cartoony. And especially i have expected to much from inXile for their first real cRPG and i believe that WL3 can certainly be a very good game.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I'm not surprised, but this gives me some thoughts about preferences and that is quite interesting. WL2 was for me the big disappointment, but in my current playthrough of WL2:DC i have made my peace with it. And i could paraphrase VD: "i like it now for what it is". PoE never played that kind of role for me and i have anticipated that it will be not that good. And the longer i played PoE, the more it has lost it's appeal. (So the statement is that i have also voted for WL2.)
I, like Invictus, prefer the setting of Wasteland even over Fallout: wacky, but not cartoony. And especially i have expected to much from inXile for their first real cRPG and i believe that WL3 can certainly be a very good game.

Do you prefer Wasteland 2 over Fallout 1 and 2 setting?

For me Fallout 1 was the best representation of that setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom