Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #67: Director's Cut coming on October 13th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Chris Keenan; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

Earlier today, we learned that the release date for the Wasteland 2 Director's Cut had been set to October 13th. The latest Kickstarter update has a more detailed announcement, along with some new screenshots:

We have some big news to share with you today, so we'll just cut right to the chase. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut will be releasing digitally on PC on October 13, 2015! Additionally, for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, digital and physical releases will be coming on October 13th in the Americas, and October 16th Worldwide!

As we've said before, anyone who already owns Wasteland 2 on any digital PC retailer will be getting the Director's Cut as a free update on PC. We'll have more information as we get closer to release, but it's our intention to make sure it's as easy a process as possible. Keep your eyes peeled on our Wasteland 2 forums as we'll be putting up FAQs and similar in the coming weeks towards release.

For those of you who are still curious about the Director's Cut contents, features, and changes, or may have missed our discussions on them previously, here are some links that go over some of those new elements in detail.
And those do not even fully cover all the new additions, like new and expanded voice-over for many of the game's key NPCs and companions, as well as our extensive rebalancing of virtually every combat encounter, loot drop, and item you'll find in the game.

We're now in the home stretch of development. Our final tasks in the several weeks before final release include polishing up the game as much as we can, including tweaks, optimizations, fixes and balance adjustments. We hope you will enjoy the changes and updates as much as we enjoyed bringing them to you.

New Screenshots

We've got a bunch of new screenshots ready for you for this announcement, showing off some of our graphical updates and changes to our environments and character models. Our art team has worked tirelessly to make sure the Wasteland is more vibrant and detailed than ever, and we're extremely pleased with the results.

"Late summer", my ass. That's what console certification will do to you, I guess.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I wish I could play Wasteland 2 one of these day : something's missing in my steamized boxed edition

49793bdb-1de5-4218-b5e2-b82856bf7eae.jpg

Bought it last year, can't remember exactly when, but I unboxed it two weeks ago.:rage:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Plenty of time for me to complete it and give my thoughts. :)

Are those in-game screenshots or typical inxile staged bullshots?
Even the original release was advertised with numerous pretty nice "screenshots" but real in-game graphics looked a lot worse. The main reason is that the camera movement is extremely limited in the game. If they would free the camera and allow extreme zoom ins and out in-game it would make a difference.

Cadmus

Arcane
I know I advocated them having plenty of time to work on their shit even post release and I said it was a good opportunity to make the games better, but fuck me. I want to play the games on release with everything already there. I'm tired of waiting for every idiot to fix their game half a year after the release and following all the shit just to know what's happening.

This update could make the game not so shit anymore so whatever.

Weasel
I know I advocated them having plenty of time to work on their shit even post release and I said it was a good opportunity to make the games better, but fuck me.

Most of Inxile moved onto Torment a while back, apparently. Fargo said recently that they only had 3 people working on this so I guess (as Infinitron said) the console certification has held everything up:

June2015:
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=124
90 percent of my company is on Torment right now. On the console version of Wasteland 2 I have... three people. You’re right, making three games at once would be a lot of work but making a conversion is not nearly the same as the effort of creating a game from scratch. I have a couple of people working on The Bard’s Tale IV now. When those responsible for porting Wasteland 2 will finish their work they will come to The Bard’s Tale IV team so it’s going to be 6-7 people then.

Israfael

Arcane
3 at Inxile vs 12 at the Iron Galaxy - who would port the thing the best, discuss :smug:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It's not actually 3 throughout the lifetime of the project. People moved to Torment at different pace, or around projects at times. Over the lifetime we're probably talking about 12 on DC as well, including our very own sea's excellent work

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom