Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Apexeon

Arcane
fuck off shill eating cretin.

they released garbage of a game and the are still patching it and updating fucking graphics for cheap mindless graphic whores like you, who will get down and lick their asses being so fucking disgustingly grateful.

who the fuck ever heard about charging for patches, some additions to mechanics and graphic updates you fucking shit eating imbecile... gtfo.

The voice of logic.

Why don't they just slap 1 map on the patch and call it DLC then they can profit $.

hiver

Achiman
Where is your evidence of the "barely functioning" product? I had some crashes to desktop, but other than that the game was pretty solid.
Also kickstarted, the game cost me 25 bucks , less than an hours pay, for which I got about 40 hours of entertainment. So yeah, I think that I got what I paid for any anything more is a bonus.
It is barely functioning as a narrative that has any fucking sense. And in fact it doesnt. The quest and consequences are broken idiotic pieces forcefully hobbled together that only a complete dumbfucks could actually enjoy. Main plot is rehashed w1 garbage done 50 times more stupidly.
Character progression is laughable broken linear crap where every team is the same and has all the fucking skills in the game. Combat is ridiculous cover based popamole with no Ai, bloated HP and broken laughable armor system.

And thats 40 hours of entertainment for you, a raging stupid dumbfuck not according to some stupid tag, but according to reality and your own words.

*GOTY edition according to them lol, it's kinda their game.
:what:

:lol:

Do you even fucking know what "goty" means?

You think each company just gets to call their games ... goty`s?

Anyway, let us know when you succeed in changing the way that the entire video game industry prices products singlehandly.

jesus fucking christ ...

where do you cretins bread from?

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Achiman
Where is your evidence of the "barely functioning" product? I had some crashes to desktop, but other than that the game was pretty solid.
Also kickstarted, the game cost me 25 bucks , less than an hours pay, for which I got about 40 hours of entertainment. So yeah, I think that I got what I paid for any anything more is a bonus.
It is barely functioning as a narrative that has any fucking sense. And in fact it doesnt. The quest and consequences are broken idiotic pieces forcefully hobbled together that only a complete dumbfucks could actually enjoy. Main plot is rehashed w1 garbage done 50 times more stupidly.
Character progression is laughable broken linear crap where every team is the same and has all the fucking skills in the game. Combat is ridiculous cover based popamole with no Ai, bloated HP and broken laughable armor system.

And thats 40 hours of entertainment for you, a raging stupid dumbfuck not according to some stupid tag, but according to reality and your own words.

*GOTY edition according to them lol, it's kinda their game.

Do you even fucking know what "goty" means?

You think each company just gets to call their games ... goty`s?

Anyway, let us know when you succeed in changing the way that the entire video game industry prices products singlehandly.

jesus fucking christ ...

where do you cretins bread from?

LOL this guy sounds like Cleve when he is arguing.

It's a game dumbass, my enjoyment is subjective, just like everyone else's, you didn't like the game? Fine.
You know what makes sense as a narrative, nukes get launched humanity is actually wiped out. This game has disco robots ffs. Every other complaint is opinion none of it is fact.
GOTY is just made up shit, unless you want dorrito pope to authorise it for you?
Anyway, carry on.

hiver

So "goty" is made up shit... according to you, obviously a compete fucking cretin, and that is a reason for something like that to be charged extra... and anyone who dont think so is self-entitled?

Thats your completely moronic retard logic, correct?
Thats what you said yourself you laughable INCREDIBLE IMBECILE.

And what...? Your subjective opinion is that everyone elses opinion is subjective ... and thats a subjective statement of your opinion... which is subjective?

:retarded:

Btw, nobody is denying you the right to enjoy the game. But you enjoyed the game because you are a stupid laughable imbecile.

hey Inxile, congratulations on your target audience!

This game has disco robots ffs. Every other complaint is opinion none of it is fact.
:lol: VD thinks the same! :lol:

hiver

Of bloody course. If it was an expansion then we could talk, but an update... ffs...
Whats even worse, its not even about paying for it, but the issue is that i dont fucking feel grateful - for getting an update for free!

and then its me who is self entitled!

t9swt.jpg

5R5FT.gif

Drowed

Arcane
Updated versions should come free of charge for people who already own the original game. End of discussion. Nothing to see here. Move on.

True. But if this was EA or Ubisoft, they would bundle the update with a DLC and sell it, they wouldn't release it as a "patch". This kind of thing (aka, ''common sense'') started with CD Projekt. No one needs to feel grateful that a company is doing something sensible.

EDIT:
OTOH, many companies would be satisfied to leave the game "as it is". It was finished, it was sold, just what one should expect from them at this point is the bugfixing. It's cool that Obsidian is investing time and money to put new things in the game. To say that "the game should have this from the beginning" is pointless, because *all* game could have several other things from the beginning that they don't, by the simple matter of the limits of time and money.

If Fallout 2 had been released today and the developers did a "GOTY" version with improvements in graphics, balancing the skills, inventory overhaul and adjustment in combat, the reaction would be the same: "fuck Interplay, this should be in the game already, fucking lazy bastards". No game is packed with all the thousands of things it could/should have. No matter how much you invest in a game, in someone's view, you always could/should have invested more.
(And then we would have another Grimoire.)

I'm just happy that Obsidian decided it could further expand the game.

Last edited:

Grinning Reaper

Updated versions should come free of charge for people who already own the original game. End of discussion. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Ported to a new engine, added VA and graphics shit (not that I care, but it wasn't free for them), added a new sub-system for character development, added a targeting system with status effects, reworked game balance, items, and encounters. At what point does the term 'expansion' apply when a ton of stuff has clearly been expanded here? Hiver's point only makes sense in the context of him thinking the game is unfinished garbage and will be until the GOTY edition. I just don't really agree with that, as I'd rather play W2 in its current state than trash like retarded Dragon Age games or anything else that's come out in the last decade. It's generally accepted that people will pay for expansions, so I guess the question is whether or not all the expansions to the game here can be considered an actual expansion...

Anyway, I'm not really sure if it should be considered an expansion or not, but it does expand the game in multiple ways and I'm glad they're providing it for free.

True. But if this was EA or Ubisoft, they would bundle the update with a DLC and sell it, they wouldn't release it as a "patch". This kind of thing (aka, ''common sense'') started with CD Projekt. No one needs to feel grateful that a company is doing something sensible.

What started with CDProjekt? If you mean being reasonable about DLC, etc. then they have firmly left that behind. TW3 is fully on board with the AAA release-day DLC and DLC Season Pass bullshit. Patting themselves on the back for the 16 day-one DLCs aka this is fucking content we could have withheld from our game but we won't, you're welcome morons.

Drowed

Arcane
What started with CDProjekt? If you mean being reasonable about DLC, etc. then they have firmly left that behind. TW3 is fully on board with the AAA release-day DLC and DLC Season Pass bullshit. Patting themselves on the back for the 16 day-one DLCs aka this is fucking content we could have withheld from our game but we won't, you're welcome morons.

Even if that's the case now, this doesn't change what they have done with TW1 and 2. As far as I remember, they were the first (only?) company that, after releasing a finished game, invested time and money in a "expanded" version with more content, and provided it free of charge to buyers of the original version.

They don't have a free pass for everything that they decide to do from now on, but their attitude at the time was sensible. I will give credit where credit is due.

Grinning Reaper

Even if that's the case now, this doesn't change what they have done with TW1 and 2. As far as I remember, they were the first (only?) company that, after releasing a finished game, invested time and money in a "expanded" version with more content, and provided it free of charge to buyers of the original version.

They don't have a free pass for everything that they decide to do from now on, but their attitude at the time was sensible. I will give credit where credit is due.

Agreed.

Xenich

Cipher
It's a game dumbass, my enjoyment is subjective, just like everyone else's, you didn't like the game? Fine.

Yes, your enjoyment is subjective, but the premise of some of these arguments are not. Dismissing legitimately verified points with such subjective claims is an obvious flaw in reasoning. That is, if you want to "derp" on about how everything is relative, how games are subjective, etc... then maybe youtube discussion channels would be best suited for you?

hiver

Ported to a new engine, added VA and graphics shit (not that I care, but it wasn't free for them),
What does that mean "wasnt free for them"?

is development supposed to be for free? you are aware that kickstarter, early access and sales of the game paid for all that?

And you are aware they are doing these upgrades (that wont really change anything substantial) as a part of their console port?

added a new sub-system for character development, added a targeting system with status effects, reworked game balance, items, and encounters.
What does it matter when what you play is inane garbage?
And i havent seen anything about "reworking encounters" - nor does any of it mean these will suddenly be great.

At what point does the term 'expansion' apply when a ton of stuff has clearly been expanded here?
Wtf? Expansion is new content for fuck sake.

Hiver's point only makes sense in the context of him thinking the game is unfinished garbage and will be until the GOTY edition.
Why the fuck do you suppose to know my thinking? I actually think the game was "finished" and it was garbage, a huge missed opportunity. Now they are adding more mechanics that wont change the overal quality at all, because of the critiques they got about low quality of their work.
And to get those sweet console moneys, the old Fargo dream that led into loss of Interplay, Black Isle and true fallout 3 never happening. Among other things.

Neither perks nor targeting will change the inanity of combat, bad encounter design and complete nonsense of the plot and quests.

I just don't really agree with that, as I'd rather play W2 in its current state than trash like retarded Dragon Age games or anything else that's come out in the last decade. It's generally accepted that people will pay for expansions, so I guess the question is whether or not all the expansions to the game here can be considered an actual expansion...
:retarded:

Anyway, I'm not really sure if it should be considered an expansion or not, but it does expand the game in multiple ways and I'm glad they're providing it for free.

This is not a fucking expansion.

This is a big patch, not new additional content!

Grinning Reaper

Quests and areas aren't the only things in a game that can be expanded, they're just traditionally the only things thought of when referring to an expansion. If the game is playable now, and they expand a bunch of shit, that's expansion. If they rework and improve every single fucking system and encounter in the game, then I don't really see the argument for saying that's not an expansion!!! only new quest is expansion! Still, like I said, I'm glad they're providing it for free and "I'm not really sure if it should be considered an expansion or not."

"It is barely functioning as a narrative that has any fucking sense. And in fact it doesnt. The quest and consequences are broken idiotic pieces forcefully hobbled together that only a complete dumbfucks could actually enjoy. Main plot is rehashed w1 garbage done 50 times more stupidly.
Character progression is laughable broken linear crap where every team is the same and has all the fucking skills in the game. Combat is ridiculous cover based popamole with no Ai, bloated HP and broken laughable armor system."

Please tell me of all the games you've played in the last ten years that were so much better than W2 so I can laugh at you for enjoying trash

I get it, you hate the game, but please have fun dreaming up a thousand more ways to say W2 is garbage!! and expanshun is content! Your opinions are not hard to grasp, but your long-winded presentation of them is laborious and dull as shit.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Jesus hiver's posts are hard to read.

The update isn't being done for free, they are releasing it on Xbox and PS4. They are making the update go to PC so that they can hope to retain backers for BT4.

It's all about money.

norolim

Arcane
Well, I sure am glad I decided to wait for the GotY after having played for only one hour. It sounds like the wait will be worth it. Did the same with Original Sin (after 10 or so hours) and I'm pretty sure that decision will also pay off.
:martini:

Grinning Reaper

Jesus hiver's posts are hard to read.

The update isn't being done for free, they are releasing it on Xbox and PS4. They are making the update go to PC so that they can hope to retain backers for BT4.

It's all about money.

Technically, the update itself (the difference between the old version and new) is free since it's given to all current owners. But you're right of course, it is all about the money. If they thought they could get away with charging current owners for it without any repercussions then they would definitely do so; I certainly didn't mean to imply that they were doing anything out of the goodness of their hearts.

Well, I sure am glad I decided to wait for the GotY after having played for only one hour. It sounds like the wait will be worth it. Did the same with Original Sin (after 10 or so hours) and I'm pretty sure that decision will also pay off.
:martini:

Just to be sure, you should wait to see if either game will put out an even more improved GoTC(entury) edition ;)

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I, too, hope they fix it before they ruin it. I played to the canyon and have been waiting for improvements ever since.

hiver

Quests and areas aren't the only things in a game that can be expanded, they're just traditionally the only things thought of when referring to an expansion.
There is no "traditionally" or "non traditionally" you fucking imbecile.

An expansion is new content. New areas and quests and stories. MotB is an expansion for NWN2. Throne of Bhaall is an expansion for BG2, etc.
You can be a stupid shit and call any patch or an upgrade an "expansion" but that doesnt fucking matter at all except making you look like a complete imbecile.

If the game is playable now, and they expand a bunch of shit, that's expansion.
You are a godamn retard with a bunch of shit in his head.

If they rework and improve every single fucking system and encounter in the game,
Thats not what they did and you are the only one inventing that, because you are that fucking stupid, that you will try to invent and proclaim idiotic things in desperate attempt to be right, somehow.

then I don't really see the argument for saying that's not an expansion!!! only new quest is expansion!
Who the fuck cares how you see things? Your idiotic opinions are not facts.

You are intentionally and stupidly mixing the term expansion with the term upgrade and you are being completely laughably stupid about it. - just so you can create some fucked up excuse for being a deranged stupid shit.

Still, like I said, I'm glad they're providing it for free and "I'm not really sure if it should be considered an expansion or not."
Then what fucking purpose or meaning the declarations above have?
Why are you claiming two opposite things? Are you a fucking schizophrenic? (of course not, you are just laughably stupid)

"It is barely functioning as a narrative that has any fucking sense. And in fact it doesnt. The quest and consequences are broken idiotic pieces forcefully hobbled together that only a complete dumbfucks could actually enjoy. Main plot is rehashed w1 garbage done 50 times more stupidly.
Character progression is laughable broken linear crap where every team is the same and has all the fucking skills in the game. Combat is ridiculous cover based popamole with no Ai, bloated HP and broken laughable armor system."
Please tell me of all the games you've played in the last ten years that were so much better than W2 so I can laugh at you for enjoying trash
That doesnt make any sense. I can number any game i want and what... you think that just by forcefully starting to proclaim those games trash they will actually be trash?

You seem to be running on the idiotic logic that personal subjective opinions are facts. That only means you are a complete imbecile.

I get it, you hate the game,
You are not getting anything, you are a fucking stupid moron who is making idiotic declaratory statements and think those are true. A retarded butthurt fanboi.

Your opinions are not hard to grasp, but your long-winded presentation of them is laborious and dull as shit.
No, that would be the description of your idiotic posts.

Grinning Reaper

There is no "traditionally" or "non traditionally" you fucking imbecile.
An expansion is new content. New areas and quests and stories. MotB is an expansion for NWN2. Throne of Bhaall is an expansion for BG2, etc.
You can be a stupid shit and call any patch or an upgrade an "expansion" but that doesnt fucking matter at all except making you look like a complete imbecile.
You are a godamn retard with a bunch of shit in his head.
Thats not what they did and you are the only one inventing that, because you are that fucking stupid, that you will try to invent and proclaim idiotic things in desperate attempt to be right, somehow.
Who the fuck cares how you see things? Your idiotic opinions are not facts.
You are intentionally and stupidly mixing the term expansion with the term upgrade and you are being completely laughably stupid about it. - just so you can create some fucked up excuse for being a deranged stupid shit.
Then what fucking purpose or meaning the declarations above have?
Why are you claiming two opposite things? Are you a fucking schizophrenic? (of course not, you are just laughably stupid)

Actually, in the 'declarations above' I was just bringing up an idea about what exactly constitutes an expansion, not saying that what's been done to W2 here is an expansion. So, I'm not claiming two opposite things at all.

That doesnt make any sense. I can number any game i want and what... you think that just by forcefully starting to proclaim those games trash they will actually be trash?
You seem to be running on the idiotic logic that personal subjective opinions are facts. That only means you are a complete imbecile.

No, I don't think that me declaring a game as good or shit makes it objectively good or shit. My point was that if you've found a ton of games that you think are way better than W2 in recent years, then we probably have extremely different tastes.

You are not getting anything, you are a fucking stupid moron who is making idiotic declaratory statements and think those are true.

:roll:
I'm not getting anything? So I guess I'm wrong about you hating this game? If you say so.
You are a fucking stupid moron who is making idiotic declaratory statements and think those are true (like this one and half the other shit you say).

A retarded butthurt fanboi.

Please explain how exactly I'm butthurt? What am I butthurt by? I am a bit annoyed by how fucking retarded you are, but I don't think butthurt really fits. Also, please explain to me how you got 'fanboi' from anything I've said. I'm not a fanboy of Inxile or W2, but if thinking so makes you feel superior, carry on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom