Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #60: Migration to Unity 5, Character System Upgrade

naossano

Cipher
I am currently enjoying the game (Arizona far from finished), while hating the graphics and the cameras.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's interesting how with the people who REALLY didn't like Wasteland 2, the graphics are often the decisive factor. It's like, "Randomized loot, boring combat and keywords instead of a dialogue tree...AND the graphics are bad? This cannot stand."
That's a very reductionist view of the valid criticisms aimed at the game since release.

Combat, level design, writing, skill check usage, all are more often given as reasons for disliking the game than the graphics themselves. At least that's my take on it.

Turok

Erudite
For me it's not even a mediocre game, it's just plain horrible and I hate it, everything about it looks cheap and shallow.

I see this this update for what it is, the promise of fixing a broken game.

Good luck Inxile, I sincerely hope Torrent don't turn to be another clusterfuck like WL2.

Looks like you "torrent" it, so don't complain for something you don't even pay.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
everything about it looks cheap and shallow.

It's interesting how with the people who REALLY didn't like Wasteland 2, the graphics are often the decisive factor. It's like, "Randomized loot, boring combat and keywords instead of a dialogue tree...AND the graphics are bad? This cannot stand."

I don't think you know what DECISIVE actually means. :lol:

Turok

Erudite
Bunch of haters. the game is nice, i have lot of time i don't have much fun, 2014 was a awesome year for crpgs.

DeepOcean

Arcane
everything about it looks cheap and shallow.

Man, the decisive factor for me was when after the Arizona slog, the game asked for me to get 50 or so pounds of cat litter thinking it was being funny. Man, I have to tell you, this cat litter could look next gen graphics, perfect next gen grains and I still wouldn't like it.

UnknownBro

Savant
Bunch of haters. the game is nice, i have lot of time i don't have much fun, 2014 was a awesome year for crpgs.
You are entitled to your own opinion as well. Yes, 2014 was a good year for Rpgs and still W2 was shit:
No perks, horrible "stats and skill" system, no tactical depth in combat, no character customization whatsoever, broken item progression, moronic skill placement, unmemorable npcs, overall bad design (just look at the character creation screen) and nonexistent art design.

It looked like shit alright but most importantly it played like shit.

Looks like you "torrent" it, so don't complain for something you don't even pay.

Nop.

2vuiryq.png

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
You are entitled to your own opinion as well. Yes, 2014 was a good year for Rpgs and yet W2 was shit. It looked like shit alright but most importantly it played like shit.

Nop.

2vuiryq.png

Can you say what was so horrible about the game?

Then please state 5 RPGs that you like so that I can tell you what a horrible taste you have.

UnknownBro

Savant
Just edited my previous post with some reasons at the top of my head and my most favorite Rpg ever are
1. Dragon Age Origins
2. Kingdom of Amalur
3. Neverwinter (the 2013 MMO)
4. Assasin Creed
5. The Witcher 3.

Go back to your delusion of thinking this turd was a good game, you stuck-up fanboys.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just edited my previous post with some reasons at the top of my head and my most favorite Rpg ever are
1. Dragon Age Origins
2. Kingdom of Amalur
3. Neverwinter (the 2013 MMO)
4. Assasin Creed
5. The Witcher 3.

Go back to your delusion of thinking this turd was a good game, you stuck-up fanboys.
:what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom