Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #58: On the balance patch, and inXile's next game

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Typing of the Dead 2 would be WAY better.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Like others, I suspect that it will be a bard's tale followup. Hard to care much about it though since the vast majority of inxile's talent is part of torment team.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
AFAIK they always phase the whole team into different parts of a project, so that pretty much everyone works on every game even though they work on two titles at the same time.

If the next one is Bard's Tale they could do it like Realms of Arkania 2 where you could switch between step based and free movement.

I'm also wondering if the switch from the W2 and TTON iso engine to 1st person may be easier than we suspect. They may be able to use the eisting engine and just switch the perspective like those guys with the scifi RPG did.

Weasel
I'm also wondering if the switch from the W2 and TTON iso engine to 1st person may be easier than we suspect. They may be able to use the eisting engine and just switch the perspective like those guys with the scifi RPG did.

Heading into dangerous territory here...

:troll:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It would be dangerous only if they decided to create a 3rd person action RPG ;)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
K, Brother None, I see that mention that the DRM-Free disk will include the latest patches. Will you hold on on the printing until after you're done with all the patching and rebalancing?
Seems pointless to send a disk with only half the patches on it.
Yeah more or less, we held off on those so we could ship a more patched up version. Don't feel like there's much rush with those and the people getting them would probably appreciate little-to-any need to patch. I don't know about "all" but we'll probably hold off for at least one or two more major patches.

Ahh so that DVD is still getting sent out? Thought that was another lie like that of D:OS which promised a DRM Free disk(according to Angthoron) and I only received a pointless Steam version.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Thought that was another lie like that of D:OS which promised a DRM Free disk(according to Angthoron) and I only received a pointless Steam version.
They did send those out. If you emailed them requesting one and haven't received it yet, better ask.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thought that was another lie like that of D:OS which promised a DRM Free disk(according to Angthoron) and I only received a pointless Steam version.
They did send those out. If you emailed them requesting one and haven't received it yet, better ask.

Thought that maybe they were waiting for more patches before burning. I'll try again though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom