Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #58: On the balance patch, and inXile's next game

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Arcanum has more aimed shots than W2 so that is true. :smug:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I see they're taking Fargo's "passionately demanded" seriously.

Fargo would do well in politics, imo.

"The people have passionately demanded that we take all their rights away!"

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It doesn't have the same ring as "fallout 3 with your eyes closed" or "totally honest IE spiritual successor", but maybe they'll get the 1 million from Kickstarter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPS have commented on this: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/04/inxile-next-rpg/ (lol Baldur's Gate 3)

Prepare for lots of mainstream derping.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/04/inxile-next-rpg/#comment-1755843

Cinek said:
“Wasteland and Tides of Numenera dev inXile?” – Well, I played Wasteland 2 and for me this game was a complete and utter disappointment. I got so exhausted by it’s lack of depth, poor combat, poor storylines (with exceptions, but still), and artificial enforcing of certain mechanics that I couldn’t get to the half of it. Here and there you can find some OK moments, but overall it’s really, below-average game. I don’t know, perhaps I got tainted by playing Planescape: Torment before the release, with which I fell in love (again), but I can’t see myself finishing Wasteland 2, ever.

So my hopes for the new Torment went down the drain, especially since they gave up real time combat opting for cheaper turn-based (they already got an engine for that) and this brings a threat that combat in a new Torment will be as horribly bad as it was in Wasteland 2 (mind you, Planescape: Torment combat wasn’t great either, but still it was better than the wasteland of Wasteland 2).

At the moment my highest hopes for a proper infinity-engine games successor circle around Pillars of Eternity – current build plays really well, and I love the depth along with freedom of choices I am given there. It’s already a really fun game which gave me more joy than Wasteland 2 ever did, without even having a main storyline or vast majority of it’s world implemented into the public builds.

:kfc: I guess he didn't read about what codebase Torment is based on.

throwaway

Cipher
Given that's there's at least a year until TToN hits the market who exactly is going to be working on this new game? Afaik their team is not big enough for 2 concurrent games in full production.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Given that's there's at least a year until TToN hits the market who exactly is going to be working on this new game? Afaik their team is not big enough for 2 concurrent games in full production.

It'll be in preproduction, same as Torment was during Wasteland 2's development. And before that, a Kickstarter (which by itself is tons of work) and before that prepreproduction (there was a shitton of work put into Torment before it went on KS).

And we don't even know when all of this will actually happen. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Maybe something Bloodlines or WOD inspired, but party/turn-based rather than action/rpg style, they can line up McComb/Kane's wife to contribute some music.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Fargo's idea of an RPG is something he makes to appease those strange autistic people. He should make a Descent game instead.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
okay, I've got another joke

rescue-begins.jpg
sequel :smug:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Not wanting to be annoying but as this is the codex afterall, I have to ask something:

What were all those months for Early Access for? I know that priority were the pesky bugs and all of that but common InExile... I like Wasteland 2, having lots of fun playing it but after years of people discussing the problems of the SPECIAL and other systems including Wasteland 1, you guys having codexer spies and months of Early Access, I have to wait one month or maybe more and give up my save game or continue playing the game on the current state with the questionable weapon balancing and lack of options on combat? The game is well done and enjoyable enough even with the problems, some of my favorite games were released on a way worse shape than Wasteland 2 and a patch later is better than never but common... playing Wasteland 2 is like a time travel to 20 years ago, for the awesome and for the worst.

Would it hurt reading discussions and caring a little bit about things like dump stats, lack of detailed tooltips on crystal clear, unambiguous lenguage on things like armor and armor penetration, lack of clarity on systems, weird armor system, the meta-knowledge problem, useless skills, lack of character builds, lack of things to do on the combat in 2014? ... and before releasing the game? And no... its a kickstarter game is no excuse, Underrail beat the crap out of Wasteland 2 on systems and is made by some crazy guy living on food stamps and early access money without millions of kickstarter money. No, I don't ask you to go autistic over balance and "end the fun" but I hope this next RPG is better than okay, kinda broken, kinda barebones systems from Wasteland 2.

TL;DR: DeepOcean annoyed that his plan of watching other codexers suffer being free beta testers and just enjoy the fruits of their pain failed as Wasteland 2 is still unfinished, Sea and Brother None being terrible spies and having to wait one month or maybe more to play the crap out of Wasteland 2.

Common InExile... make Sea and Brother None do something useful like reading all the "what a RPG is?" threads from 2005 and nowdays to do a historic retrospective.:troll:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom