Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #57: Post-Release Update

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/535779

“This is a perfect opportunity for inXile: it allows us to continue to focus all of our energy and money into the creative aspects of the game while letting Deep Silver take our game outside of the pure digital space. This has the added bonus of allowing us to spend more of the Kickstarter funds on development while continue to retain all ownership and control”, says Brian Fargo, CEO inXile Entertainment. “I’ve known the people at Deep Silver for many years and they have always been a first rate organization to deal with.”

Deep Silver will also assist inXile in the QA testing of the localized international versions of the game.
For our backers and fans, it assures you that distribution will be handled professionally and quickly, and will assure a smooth experience for getting the game and goodies into your hands. This deal also allows us to put a retail version on the shelves, so people who discover the game later can still get a physical copy.

Good old Lyin' Fargo.

I like that "people who discover the game later" part, considering I could buy a physical copy right now and have it shipped almost immediately, but the copy I bought years ago is going to take several weeks to arrive.

I so don't want to brofist Roguey on this one but he's right this time. Now I'm even more upset with InXile than I was before... you are making me agree with Roguey... :negative:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am not upset about the retail box delay, because as far as I am concerned, this game is still in Early Access. After I got impatient and started playing D:OS early, I only confirmed that my usual approach of waiting 3-6 months after 'release' to play modern games is the right one. D:OS got its big patch just recently and I am not even sure it was the last game-changing improvement.

I am not angry or anything. This is just how modern game development works. The hype got the better of me in case of D:OS (as it did earlier with Diablo 3 and The Witcher 2) and it will probably happen in the future too (Witcher 3...), but in case of Wateland 2, I am waiting patiently.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am not upset about the retail box delay, because as far as I am concerned, this game is still in Early Access. After I got impatient and started playing D:OS early, I only confirmed that my usual approach of waiting 3-6 months after 'release' to play modern games is the right one. D:OS got its big patch just recently and I am not even sure it was the last game-changing improvement.

I am not angry or anything. This is just how modern game development works. The hype got the better of me in case of D:OS (as it did earlier with Diablo 3 and The Witcher 2) and it will probably happen in the future too (Witcher 3...), but in case of Wateland 2, I am waiting patiently.

The more time I've had to cool off and think about this, I would tend to agree. I did start playing W2 (with many different party builds :D) but didn't get farther than the Ag Center before stopping. Decided that I'll just wait for it to be patched up correctly, receive my boxed edition and then relive my nostalgic past... :P

So no hard feelings Brother None and sea as I'll just have to wait and be patient... however, if Deep Silver really cheaps out on the quality of those items or doesn't provide tracking then we might have problems.... :argh:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I expect them to be of the same quality as the retail boxes available now, which is pretty good, as far as I have seen.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We have no reason to suspect quality of backer boxes will be an issue. All this stuff around manufacturing and shipping is pretty standardized across the industry.
I can't remember the last time I saw a real honest to goodness box in a store. Everything is just those DVD cases now.

I expect them to be of the same quality as the retail boxes available now, which is pretty good, as far as I have seen.
Well this is reassuring.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I can't remember the last time I saw a real honest to goodness box in a store. Everything is just those DVD cases now.
Regular editions, yes, but there are also special or collector's editions, which are big-box sized, like in the days of old.
I never go to game stores, so I have no idea if they actually appear there, but I have mail-ordered a few 'big box' games in the recent years (mostly as gifts to other people) and they are usually of good enough quality. Some games also come out in this mid-sized cardboard box format (Might & Magix X: Legacy, Diablo III, Divinity: Original Sin CE), which do not look as spectacularly on the shelf, but are still much better than those shitty plastic DVD cases. I am expecting regular non-CE WL2 to be like this.

mindx2

Patron
The KS box for D:OS was better than the one for Shadorun but not by much. You say mid-sized boxes but they're not much bigger than those cheap DVD cases. The last descent "recent" CE game I purchased was The Witcher 2 and that box was BIG and has a lot of goodies inside. It certainly isn't my favorite boxed game but they definitely put some effort into it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Remember them old boxes? Ah, memories.

Not that I care anymore; everything is digital now which is a lot more convenient.

But it sure looks worse on a shelf.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I only bought regular TW2 box, but I liked the CEs for Dead Island Riptide (bought it for a friend zombie afficionado) and Drakensang: The River of Time (for myself). Both were packed with stuff, although Drakensang box was oversized for its contents.
Age of Wonders III Premium was a nice mid-sized one.

mindx2

Patron
I only bought regular TW2 box, but I liked the CEs for Dead Island Riptide (bought it for a friend zombie afficionado) and Drakensang: The River of Time (for myself). Both were packed with stuff, although Drakensang box was oversized for its contents.
Age of Wonders III Premium was a nice mid-sized one.
Which Rivers of Time box was that? Was it offered in the US and do you have a picture?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What the fuck, I had no idea they released AoWIII in physical form. But it seems only for Poland? Fucking pototoes, man.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Which Rivers of Time box was that? Was it offered in the US and do you have a picture?
No idea where else it was available, but it was this one:
05155303.jpg

What the fuck, I had no idea they released AoWIII in physical form. But it seems only for Poland? Fucking pototoes, man.
Yeah, we get many boxed versions of games that are otherwise available only as digital downloads. They mostly are just DVD boxes with a steam code (and a DVD) inside, but sometimes, like in AOW3 case, there is more stuff in the box.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wonder what Fargo did to upset Roguey so much that he likes D:OS by comparison now.
Saying D:OS would be better than Wasteland 2 has been something I've been trolling about ever since they both entered early access. Turns out I was wrong about writing though; I really thought OS would be the funny one and W2 would be the snoozefest.

I don't know which one I'll dislike the least. I'm just saying I have other things with which to occupy my time.

otsego

Cipher
I did start playing W2 (with many different party builds :D) but didn't get farther than the Ag Center before stopping. Decided that I'll just wait for it to be patched up correctly, receive my boxed edition and then relive my nostalgic past... :P

Trapezoid or bust.

More seriously, learning that the CE is a metal old-sized 'box' was a great surprise. In addition to that I backed enough to receive a regular sized non-CE box too so I'm pretty stoked :D.

I know I'm sounding archaic when I say I agree that the game has actually been slightly more difficult to get into without having the peripherals in my hands to get me into the experience. Waiting for patches is playing another large part in that, as its clear there's a lot of work to be done.

I made it to Titan's but haven't had much drive to proceed past there considering what is incoming for us physical backers, plus the patching that will take place by the time it reaches us. Plus given what I've learned about how bad my build is (3/4 party members receiving 2 SP per level because I only made ONE 'smart' char), it might work out for the best.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Any Polish Codexers willing to help me find one?
I can set up daily automated search on the main only Polish auction site and notify you when it is available (or even buy it for you if it appears), but I doubt it would be complete and no idea about the price (if it appears at all).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
He just... snrk... he just... he just likes to get his HANDS on them! BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
That would be great! Let me know prices and I would only be interested in a complete set. Very much appreciate your offer of help. :brodex:
Done. All to do now is wait.
How much are you willing to pay, btw? (Not saying you can get my copy, but if the price is right... ;) )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom