Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #54: Release Date - September 19th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

Today's Wasteland 2 Kickstarter update has the official announcement of the game's final release date, which you may have seen on Brian Fargo's Twitter feed yesterday already.

Hello Rangers!

It took a while to get every moving part settled down whether it was physical boxes or waiting on ratings from different agencies, but now we're finally ready to name a solid, final release date: Wasteland 2 will be coming your way September 19th!

We won't be sitting on our hands until that date. While the disc gold master is done and set, it's all hands on deck for the day 1 version and we're working hard to ensure that is the best version of the game possible. Bug-hunting and balance passes are our major focus in the month leading up to release.

With the ship date closing in it is now vital to ensure your reward and shipping info are up to date on your Ranger Center account. Log in (or activate your account here). Check under the Rewards tab and verify your reward choice (it is possible no reward choice has been input so please check this), we will lock reward choices on Monday 25th of August.

If you're receiving physical goods, check your address listing and click the confirm button to lock and confirm your address with us. The deadline for updating your shipping info is one week from now: Wednesday 27th of August. If you do not have any info listed or need to make changes after that date we will not be able to ship the game to you in the first batch. Please check your Ranger Center info as soon as possible, if you have any more questions don't hesitate to contact us there.

Late Backer Store Closing

As part of our locking up for shipping, we will be closing the late backer store next week on Monday. Last chance to back this game and grab this style of big box!​

The update also contains a shout-out to Obsidian for their Pillars of Eternity beta release. Speaking of Pillars and inXile, it's come to my attention that they've given backers of Torment: Tides of Numenera at the $750 and above tiers a complementary copy of the beta. That's a pretty bro move.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Awwwww yiss! Got a feeling I won't be rocking up to work on Monday the 22nd. Better stock up on doritos and mountain dew I guess.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have not touched this for a long time, but I was following the impressions and do hope that the improvements made in recent updates turn out to be as impactful as reported. The ones I was able to experience for myself were certainly pushing the game in the right direction, so fingers crossed.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
A few of the most-requested features weren't added, although Fargo hinted towards post-release content adding missing features. They have tied the game nicely around considering the lack of the features, who do I go to about writing a codex review by the way?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
A few of the most-requested features weren't added, although Fargo hinted towards post-release content adding missing features. They have tied the game nicely around considering the lack of the features, who do I go to about writing a codex review by the way?

Submit your review by clicking on the Contact Us button up at the top.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!

Which features were those? I don't usually pay attention to the bullshit nerds request. If anything you say has to do with making inventory management annoying, you will spontaneously catch fire, just a warning.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Perks and traits mainly as well as aimed shots.

Meh. Aimed shots always seem to come down to "it's always best to target one particular location." Perks and traits are fun, but even so, historically an even moderately intelligent player's been able to see which are worthwhile and which are wastes of time.

Perks and traits are also probably really easy to patch or mod in. Aimed shots, well, I suspect not. Maybe an expansion feature. But considering every time I play Fallout I aim for the eyes on every single shot I ever take...yeah. Not so sure it's worthwhile.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
We had that with called shots. I told everyone we could probably do called shots post-release -- even though we might be able to do a simplified version of them for launch. Because everyone wants called shots, because Fallout had called shots.

^The quote I was referring to, so yeah not quite a confirmation but he's pretty much implying they'll do it eventually.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm, well, he did do the simplified version - the headshots. So far, so good.

Darkzone

Arcane
Everyone wants to have more options than just one button press, at a enemy. As far as the 'crouch' button, i have to say that i use it very frequently, because i have 2 Snipers as field control in the third line.
And the solution of having one additional attack type that exchanges the 'to hit chance' for 'damage' or for 'crit chance' is not that bad, in the kind of system that Wasteland 2 has. I would even state it fits it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One thing about Wasteland 2 is that there is actually differences between weapons, so they give only certain weapon categories aimed shots and it will help that feeling. Pistols are in need of a buff right now, if they were the only weapon you could do headshots with at point blank, that would be neat.

OTOH, sniper riles are OP, and giving them headshots is going to make it worse.

Edit: there should really be a movement penalty when using a sniper rifles. You move in that turn, you get worse accuracy.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
OTOH, sniper riles are OP, and giving them headshots is going to make it worse.

It would go against the basic foundation of sniper rifles, if you couldn'T make headshots with them though.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It would go against the basic foundation of sniper rifles, if you couldn'T make headshots with them though.
Yeah I know, just thinking out loud in text.

How about making non-headshots with the sniper rifle worse?
That could work, but it might go against their role as the high AP, high single damage class.

It would also make them more variable, which is something Sawyer/Roguey would disagree with.

I think I prefer them balanced by having many different "debuffs" that can happen. So you only really get to use a sniper when conditions are basically perfect.

Thinking about this... if you were required to crouch or be in cover to use the sniper, that would do a lot to help I think.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah I know, just thinking out loud in text.

How about making non-headshots with the sniper rifle worse?
Well sniper rifles should be very high damage weapons, since they use high caliber, high velocity bullets. I don't think they should damage less when doing non-headshots. They should need a lot of AP to use (I assume this is how they already work now), slow reload times, maybe some penalty when used close range.

BGMD

Learned
sniper rifles require 6 or 7 points to fire in beta currently (not sure if it can be reduced by 1 AP with upgrades, probably yes), and since it's possible to conserve up to 2 AP's for the next turn I would add something like +3/4 AP for headshots, so you would basically had to sit out a turn, also I wouldn't mind one-shotting some enemies with decent MAXCON at the price of greatly decreased chance to hit, let's say -50% at least

higher penalties for firing while standing would be also welcomed

tuluse

Arcane
sniper rifles require 6 or 7 points to fire in beta currently (not sure if it can be reduced by 1 AP with upgrades, probably yes), and since it's possible to conserve up to 2 AP's for the next turn I would add something like +3/4 AP for headshots, so you would basically had to sit out a turn, also I wouldn't mind one-shotting some enemies with decent MAXCON at the price of greatly decreased chance to hit, let's say -50% at least

higher penalties for firing while standing would be also welcomed
There is a 5AP sniper in the beta, and my sniper always has 10 AP since he doesn't need str, speed, or charisma.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom