Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #53: The End Is Coming; Huge Beta Update on Steam

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
my harddrive just started jerking off so I tabbed over to steam to see what was happening and WL2 was being updated. 800 mbs. is this the final beta patch?
Assuming we don't hotfix anything more, yep, but of course there will be a day-one update otherwise known as "the final game".
when will this be? someone ought to update thread title with the release date.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They don't know it yet. :lol:

Wait till next week.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Not quite sure where the venom is coming from crawlkill (unless it's from some perceived eco-lunacy or bad childhood memory)

have you read many Kickstarter postmortums? because every one I've ever read has said "we will never offer physical rewards again, because they always end up costing us more in terms of time and money than they're worth." seriously, this is a constant thread.

the venom comes from people fetishizing something that lasts for a couple seconds, and then tokenizing the meaningless objects that come with it, and saying that -if you download the game then it is meaningless.- I mean, did you read this thread? "enjoy your shit download" were words uttered. so apparently--the game--the thing--that will take up many hours of my life when I first play it--and then many more when I continue to replay it, if it's any good, now and then for the rest of my life--apparently that thing is shit...because I downloaded it? my downloading it was shit?

o no tho the thing that I ripped open was the real core of the assperience and and the tiny toys that cummed with it

the venom comes from the sick conflation of trivia--of cargo cult enticements--with the actual value of the product, which is -entirely unrelated- to those things. the implication is that it wasn't Wasteland that was valuable, it was the PARAGRAPH BOOK that came with it! man if you just read that paragraph book as a pdf enjoy ur shitty danlad

that's where the venom comes from, buddy. -what is important is the game. it is not the box. it is not the delivery mode. it is not the shitty decoder ring. the game will outlast all of those hilarious obsessive peripherals by decades.- and if you care about owning the bullshit collector's peripherals even a thousandth of a thousandth as much as you do about owning the experience you were funding, -you are an ill human.-

"shit, I can't look at the Mona Lisa in a frame like this"

"man, watching Pulp Fiction without the DVD insert fluttering out just doesn't even feel right"

"god, I can't believe anyone would listen to Radiohead without the album jewelcase stretched across their face"

"enjoy your shitty ebook, the pulp book I bought had a WAY higher carbon footprint, nerd, and its typos are GENUINE"

I continue to maintain that the only meaningful physically sold information products are those that you want to masturbate with. if you're planning to masturbate with your Wasteland peripherals or otherwise interface with them corporeally beyond "i puts dem on a shelves ware i could has they," then by all means, bitches. on the assumption you're not, -the compulsive desire to own that which is useless to you is sick.-

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
have you read many Kickstarter postmortums? because every one I've ever read has said "we will never offer physical rewards again, because they always end up costing us more in terms of time and money than they're worth." seriously, this is a constant thread.

Oh yeah, shitty planning has nothing to do with that.

I continue to maintain that the only meaningful physically sold information products are those that you want to masturbate with. if you're planning to masturbate with your Wasteland peripherals or otherwise interface with them corporeally beyond "i puts dem on a shelves ware i could has they," then by all means, bitches. on the assumption you're not, -the compulsive desire to own that which is useless to you is sick.-

I continue to maintain that you're an idiot. A luxury is a luxury. Who appointed you to decide what people are allowed to have or not? Hurr I can haev computar but only to play mature gaems not silly kiddy gaems lol u play with trains u cant have box lol.

You're fucking insane.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This was not an attack on Infinitron ( i'm above such behavior, unlike most people )

clipart-trilby-hat-d23c.png

Darkzone

Arcane
I was trying to study recently, and I avoided video games like the plague.

I found I might not have been doing myself any favours, as I found that I felt much more refreshed and ready to learn after a few hours of playing something enjoyable.
In terms of health, stress reduction (on all level like chemical and memory bound effects) and time consumption, a jogging in the park and autogene training would be much better. Also for the enviroment. ;)
But i don't judge you, this are things, that you have to solve with yourself.

Blaine
A hat.
Do you lower your hat before me? Or do you say that i pulled something out of a hat? Or that i covered something up with a hat? Or that i have done a hat trick? Or that i have thrown a hat? Or that i have a Oddjob's hat?

Last edited:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
In terms of health, stress reduction (on all level like chemical and memory bound effects) and time consumption, a jogging in the park and autogene training would be much better. Also for the enviroment. ;)
But i don't judge you, this are things, that you have to solve with yourself.

I remember in back primary school (I'm 30 now), they were teaching us the importance of NOT placing too much emphasis on things such physical activity and healthy eating.

Someone who briskly walks for 30 minutes a day, has a reasonable diet and plays a few hours of video games every night might be in better overall health than someone who jogs 2 hours a day, has a strict diet and doesn't play video games.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
Curious_Tongue.
Yes and perfectly healthy human can get cancer or die from thrombosis within a day. Someone who jogs for 2 hours a day will likely have problems with his knees, within few years (if a person runs this workload in one piece). The clue is to not overdo it.
A walk alone is not sufficient, because the NO (nitrogen-oxygene (epithel)) reaction, which only occurs if you have higher elevated pulse through exercise, lets you build up new blood vessels and renewer the older ones.
In terms of brain chemistry the positive changes through exercise can result in better learning capabilities (hippocampus gets better stimulated) and the elevated oxygen flow to the brain is also an awesome thing.
(If you want i can try to explain this thing more thoroughly.)
Jogging for 2 x 30min a day is nearly perfect for learning and life, if you do more, it can also result in less.
But what i wanted to say, is that you don't have to be a sport fanatic and also try to enjoy your life (you have only one), but distinguish between consum and investment.
Computer games are overall a consum. They can have a positive effect on certain brain capabiliities, but this has been only proven for ego shooters (which stress a person lowering his / hers higher brainfunctions ).
Others may train and teach you, if you play an educative game.
But sport and learning are always an investment.
About eating healthy: The most important thing for your health!!! Understand 'Super size me'.

Darkzone

Arcane
Thank you TwinkieGorilla, but i do not have the permission to see it, therefore i do not know what this means.
But:
I stated with my answer to Blaine that Brother None, obviously by his answer to me, had an different interpretation from that what i have meant. This is naturally, because i have not written previously that this is a joke that i constructed towards the constant statements of Roguey that someone is running out of money, first Larian now inXile, and then i asked in a normal mean if Infinitron knows the numbers.
For me it is not really important, but i maybe for Roguey.
Now this may be my fault, because i have not writen things like: 'attention this is a joke' or 'fun besides, Infinitron can you answer me following questions'.
And by giving different interpretations for one simple symbol i have shown that this mistake of misinterpretation can happen to everyone, especial if it involves not sufficient given context.
As for the Dweeb. It depends on the interpretation, but i hope this written answer solves this. :)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

crawlkill

Give it a rest crawlkill, we get it. You don't like other people buying box copies.

I dislike the consequences that boxed copies have on sane people who don't think that the contents of a shelf are more important than contents of a mind. this is not a small problem. this is a universal problem. this is the problem illustrated every time someone who's never read a novel since Harry Potter says "REAL BOOKS NOT EBOOKS." do you know how often people say shit like that? they say shit like that a lot. here, we see people on this forum saying shit like that, oriented slightly differently. this is like saying a book's not worth reading because of its cover. it is the definition of shallow, callow bullshit. for a site obsessed with "the sickness" in the gaming industry, there seems to be very little fury directed at those people who assert that -games are only worthwhile if they are in boxes and have cloth maps.-

they are the antivaxers of the entertainment world, and we should be vaccinated against them. they denigrate intellectual accomplishment in favor of physical fetishism. they are a disease. seriously, this is a forum that puts up with people ranting for pages about how the death of the encumbrance system is the death of entertainment, and you can't cope with me saying "shut the fuck up, you horrible nerd, it's the product that's important, not the hot UPS guy you don't know how to ask out?"

just ask the UPS guy out. you'll find you don't need to use hard copies of Wasteland 2 to get off anymore. he's hung, I promise you.

Last edited:

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I continue to maintain that the only meaningful physically sold information products are those that you want to masturbate with.

Glad to hear that my boxed copy is not going to waste. Does anyone know if the cloth map is machine washable? Would hate for it to be stiff enough to break like glass after just the first week.

crawlkill

I can only afford TPB versions of gaems so I raeg against people who can afford physical versions.

Get a job.

I'da thought da laft markfift understood the idea of excess, idle, self-absorbed luxuries that exist only as false status symbols

but don't let me stand in the way of your comic book collection I'm sure it deeply impresses deeply sad people that you have all that paper with all that ink on it and oh man they're not dolls they're actION FIGURES

crawlkill

"it's mint in the box" -someone who doesn't understand that goods exist to be used, not to be owned

FeelTheRads

Arcane
"it's mint in the box" -someone who doesn't understand that goods exist to be used, not to be owned

Say, you're starting to convince me. One question, though, am I allowed to have a computer if I use it to play Transport Tycoon? I really don't want to destroy the earth because of my childish desire to play with trains.

crawlkill

am I allowed to have a computer

I'm not entirely sure you understand the idea of "the medium is not the message." a computer is a piece of hardware. a game is a piece of software. if those words are too hard for you, there are institutions that can help you, like Wikipedia and suicide.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
OK, so I can play with software trains on hardware computers but I can't play with hardware trains on software carpets. Got it, you're finally making sense. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom