Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #49: The End is in Sight - Final Early Access Update and Release Date

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Michael A. Stackpole; Nathan Long; Wasteland 2

There was a flurry of updates on the official Wasteland 2 Tumblr over the past few days, and today, a Kickstarter update has been released to sum them all up, with one additional piece of information - a release date!

We are very happy to announce the ship date for Wasteland 2: the game will be coming to you at the end of August of this year!

Before saying anything else, I want to first and foremost again thank you, our backers. Without you I'd never be where I am today, just a few months removed from finally releasing the game I've been wanting to make for 25 years. It's exciting to be in this home stretch, and all your support and feedback throughout the process has made the game much better than it would have been otherwise. What we're releasing is a game of much greater scope than we ever dreamed of when starting our Kickstarter. More features, more areas, more reactivity, more words, all thanks to you for funding our game and for giving us the time needed to finish it. My goal has been to over deliver on your expectations for Wasteland 2.

We also just released another big update to the Wasteland 2 beta (full notes on our tumblr). This update adds the final major area of Arizona, meaning the Wasteland 2 beta now includes all Arizona maps, which is approximately half the entire game!

At this stage we're internally feature complete, but not feature locked. What that means is that every feature is in our dev builds but we're still testing functionality, gameplay balance impact and even quality. If a feature is not good enough, we'll cut it, but if fan feedback and internal review indicates it's vital, we'll double down on it. But the main focus for the new few months lies with balancing, optimizing and of course mercilessly hunting down bugs.

But we are not yet in full lock-down, it is important for us to stay flexible for iterations as we keep learning from the backer beta. For instance, we'll be tweaking the skill usage density and variety our game levels, and adding some smaller lines and skill-paths. Combat balance is something else we'll be spending a lot of time on in the next months, as it still needs much fine-tuning. Localization is another major step and we can do with more help on that, see more below. In other words, these next few months won't be idle months!

Character Creation Screens

One of the changes going into this beta build are the new character creation screens, crafted with the help of feedback from the community.

MCM London

I'll be at the MCM London Comic Con, taking the main stage on 3PM UTC/8AM PST on Saturday May 24th. I'll be talking about the game but also premiering the game's opening cinematic. We knew we shouldn't spend too much cash, so I got a little creative and took my camera to the Wasteland Weekend. Using that footage, stock footage and some new footage shot with actors, we got an effective opening for less than $30K. The opening cinematic explains the history of the setting and the Rangers before setting up the start of our game.

You'll be able to join us via live stream at this URL on Saturday.
The update also announces the imminent publication of Nathan Long and Michael Stackpole's novella, entitled The Earth Transformed, which I suspect involves mutants. Additionally, those of you who have considered becoming involved with Wasteland 2's localization crowdsourcing project may be interested to know that inXile are now giving out out free Early Access-enabled copies of the game to anybody who translates 250 strings or more. If you're already a backer, you get an extra.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well hey, at least I'll have a solid 2 months to play DivOS before this comes out.

From the looks of things, Div will blow WL2 out of the water, but I'm still hoping this one ends up great as well.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's not a lot of time for a quality localization in multiple languages, I'll be playing this in the original English for sure.
Since they announced the WL2 reward for translators, things have gotten more active at get localization so I think there will be just enough time to finish & edit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Great, they are using one of the shittier UIs from all the backer created ones.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Weeeeee we have a month (if they stick to it) at least.
This for me, is the real first test to see if Kickstarter can produce a good RPG that I want to play.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had a blast trying out the new features yesterday (see my comments in the main thread). It's all coming together now. The game's going to be fine.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I had a blast trying out the new features yesterday (see my comments in the main thread). It's all coming together now. The game's going to be fine.

FANBOY!!!!!

Why are you such fanboy? How dare you say positive things about this game.. or anything???... tag yourself with fanboy tag please... !!!11

This is derpcodex, you must hate everything, no matter if it makes sense or not, or else you are a fanboy.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
This is derpcodex, you must hate everything, no matter if it makes sense or not, or else you are a fanboy.

No. This is RPG Codex, you must give salient, reasoned, and articulate points for liking something, or else you are a fanboy dumbfuck.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Not gonna lie, I got a little bit of a chubby reading those bug fixes. :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Jay

Novice
I held back on the beta because I didnt wanted to ruin the experience.I hope the wait was worth it!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

No. This is RPG Codex, you must give salient, reasoned, and articulate points for liking something, or else you are a fanboy dumbfuck.

So... I suppose the opposite could apply aswell?.. This is RPG Codex, you must give salient, reasoned, and articulate points for hating something, or else you are a retarded negative pessimistic dumbfuck.

I see a lot of hatin' not alot of "salient", reasoned and articulate points to back up that hate... but meh.

Rake

Arcane

So... I suppose the opposite could apply aswell?.. This is RPG Codex, you must give salient, reasoned, and articulate points for hating something, or else you are a retarded negative pessimistic dumbfuck.

I see a lot of hatin' not alot of "salient", reasoned and articulate points to back up that hate... but meh.
You somehow missed the novel's worth of text felipepepe wrote, didn't you?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Daedalos The reason you've been tagged is that you get so hilariously mad and make lots of content-free posts.

God knows I've been overly defensive at times about these Kickstarter games, but I almost always try to make constructive points while I'm at it.

Daedalos
There are perfectly valid reasons, for example Wasteland 2 doesn't have soul, just like NV doesn't have muh atmoshpere. That may seem retarded to you but it's a very real thing to me.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I tried the beta when it first released. Responsiveness was terrible, UI was terrible, options felt limited, and the game stuttered along on my new rig. Probably all things I can expect in a beta, but man did it put a bad taste in my mouth. Hope it's been resolved or I'm gonna be displaying a boxed copy that screams sucker at me every time I walk by.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
... for example Wasteland 2 doesn't have soul...
That may seem retarded to you but it's a very real thing to me.
What a special snowflake you are!
EesZpwo.gif

;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom