Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #31: OMG DISTRIBUTION DEAL, also new HUD screenshots

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
inXile should fire their current UI designers and hire Kem0sabe and Phantasmal.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Don't people just want a simple, clean UI that's functional?

No, inXile don't.

People keep assuming this is some kind of fuckup on inXile's part, but they know exactly what they're doing. It just happens to be not what the Codex wants.
I guess they just want something bad, games from 20 years ago make better use of screen space than they do. You can't possibly defend that inventory.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't think you understand the meaning of the world 'placeholder'.

You mean this isn't the real world? When is that coming out?

Im looking at that mini map, on all screenshots, and it says exactly piss nothing about what it is supposed to show.

Im using professional maps for my work everyday and if someone would give me a map of some smaller location looking like that i would either crack laughing my ass off or punch them out, depending on the seriousness of the situation.
Let alone imagining bringing such indistinct piece of... nothing, to my ex sarge. fucking hell :lol:
i would be running around platoon and cleaning poo at the same time for the rest of the service. (he would figure out a way how to make it work, trust me)

thats really, just a ... a mess. I cant see shit there. really.

I just thought i better turn someones attention to it before its too late and it ends like so many horrible examples of the same we saw everywhere.

BN, didnt you say you guys had some veterans as advisers? Show them that map, tell them to use it to find something, anything - get ready for buckets of facepalms and lulz .

The imbecile is complaining about a placeholder image. He cannot see shit there. REALLY!!!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Don't people just want a simple, clean UI that's functional?

No, inXile don't.

People keep assuming this is some kind of fuckup on inXile's part, but they know exactly what they're doing. It just happens to be not what the Codex wants.

I have to disagree with you on this, i'm not sure they know what they are doing, everyone of their recent mock-up decisions doesn't make much sense from an aesthetic sensibility point of view, as well as function wise. They seem to be going about it the wrong way entirely, but then again, they are willing to take criticisms into account, so it can only get better... i hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom