Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #29: Inventory System Demo

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Great, consoletards will will :love: this.

P.S. at least it has inventory

grdja

Augur
Don't get the whining. Its nice and functional, several filters, sorting options, favourits tab. Orange looks much better than fake green of old UI. It has as much in common with original Fallout inventory as it has with Skyrimjob. Unlike skyrimjob it isn't made to be able to work on SDTVs so it has much more stuff on screen. "OMG its not paper doll, inventory slots are beside the character, not on it".

Fuck, it is better than this:
FALLO2TIP_002-large.jpg

But it could use having character stats in a corner so we see how they change when equipping stuff.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
originally we were thinking grid, but as we continued through development we found that is was going to be a little bit limiting for us

I don't buy it anyway, lists are just easy to implement, that's why.

Wizfall

Cipher
I agree grid would have been better.
I like it though (except for the paper notebook effect for the description) so maybe it is not worth to redo it when so much still need to be done.
I just hope it would be possible with this inventory system to "use" an item on an element of the scenery (important for interactivity).

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
There's nothing wrong with the list-based inventory per se (I do like the addition of the "favourites" tab plus the option to sort the junk by name, type, et caetera) , what worries me is that with a mere eight items visible on the screen, the sheer amount of time necessary to scroll through to get to the one you need might prove to be too much.

I found the electricity running through all the screen a bit distracting, apart from that it looks fine.

I'm not too fond of the electric spark, either - it feels like an unnecessary addition. Assuming they desire to keep it though, a much more subtle effect would be in order.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
When your inventory has less items on screen than Skyrim you reached new "heights" in UI design.Make the item picture and description in "info" right click so at least have more space and hide the fact that there will be a lot of overlap art for items.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I like the overall functionality, it's not bad when compared to some of the shit we crpg gamers have had to put up during all these years of :decline:, but what the fuck is going on with that paper clip item description? and those electrical effects? They clash with the overall aesthetic of the UI and just look out of place.

It was the same thing with the logo, good idea poor execution, inxile really needs to hire a competent graphical designer, it's an area that often gets overlooked but is essential in my opinion.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Grid based inventory is my huge preference, but the ability to categorise and sort the inventory makes the inventory functional, unlike list based inventories in other games (including the inventory in Fallout, which was the weakest part of is user interface). In addition to that, item descriptions, the fact that there will be 'hover the mouse button' full stats display and the 'favourites' option, make the inventory both functional and informative. Key bindings will further increase functionality. I'm content.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
New things do require getting used to. I remember how people were whining about Torment: Tides of Numenera being a horrible name, etc.

However, I also do not particularly like the look of the inventory screen. Nothing wrong with lists, but I dislike the yellow symbols - the color itself and the symbols.

Isn't there a way to make it more, I don't know, post-apocalyptic or retro-futuristic?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They should also maintain color consistency throughout the UI. Inventory management icons are yellow while world UI weapons icons are green, they should have the same color or at least a consistent color pallet that works well with every element.

action.gif

Crap resolution but can't bother to screen cap so google image it is

mqdefault.jpg

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That image from the UI with the green colors and dotted images looks 100x times better than what they did in the inventory screen.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did you watch the video, man? Chris says they removed the green weapons.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Watched at work with no sound, i just skipped around to look at the various inventory elements. So now yellow is the default color for all the icons?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Watched at work with no sound, i just skipped around to look at the various inventory elements. So now yellow is the default color for all the icons?

No. You see an image of the actual weapon in full color, like Fallout.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Was trying to remember to what game the inventory screen and explanation remained me and...NSFW!!!:

5bsgad.jpg

It's functional,got columns and doesn't limit us.:roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom