Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition announced...for Xbox One?!

GloomFrost

Arcane
Wasteland 2 had THREE people working on the interface.
No we didn't. There's 3 credited 2D artists, one of whom is the "young guy from Poland" mentioned in this interview. Those aren't the only people who worked on UI, and none of them (except Drozyner) worked only on UI.

Also don't forget about how many times that had to change it. You can find early development videos and interface there looks NOTHING like in the release version.
This is more often the case than not for any video game project. Most just use functional-only UIs in the period where we started showing the game, but it's pretty standard to iterate heavily on functionality and look. The consumer just doesn't usually get to see it.
Fair enough. I agree. But still, it is the result that matters. And there was still some room for improvement.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It was just a mirror of another post I made on our official forums; it didn't seem super important to post here, but I'm happy to post it again:

And to also clarify, since there is still some apparent confusion:
Can we expect any performance impact moving to the new engine and using higher fidelity textures and new effects? Wl2 is not exactly an example of optimization.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nothing even remotely complex that runs on Unity is. They should simply change the engine - UE4 looks good enough.
Kerbal Space Program

Haven't played it, but judging from the videos the game looks rather simple in terms of graphics and number/complex geometry of assets it's pushing.
I was talking about that and not about mechanics/gameplay.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haven't played it, but judging from the videos the game looks rather simple in terms of graphics and number/complex geometry of assets it's pushing.
It renders the entire solar system at 1/11 scale.

Ramireza

Savant

Elite II : Frontier rendered the whole Milky Way with 100 Billion Stars on a Amiga 500. Seamlessly.

They should use this engine.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Elite II : Frontier rendered the whole Milky Way with 100 Billion Stars on a Amiga 500. Seamlessly.

They should use this engine.
1) No it didn't, it streamed stuff in

2) It probably wasn't doing accurate physics, which KSP is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom