Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition announced...for Xbox One?!

Consoles have a significantly bigger library of turn-based games than the PC.
Which doesn't change his statement (nor makes it false) one single bit.
Also, most of these play far worse than PC turn based games or just pale in terms of overall complexity, in fact.

Is this new stuff going to be patched in for the PC version...
It will.

Athelas

Arcane
Consoles have a significantly bigger library of turn-based games than the PC.
Which doesn't change his statement (nor makes it false) one single bit.
Also, most of these play far worse than PC turn based games or just pale in terms of overall complexity, in fact.
Sure, I was just saying there is a market for turn-based games on consoles.

Just to be clear... these visual enhancements aren't supposed to be already in the trailer, right?
Would you be upset if they were? Though I can't say I'm surprised to see you complain about the graphics again.:M

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Wasteland 2 couldn't grab a single RPG Codex GOTY award so I suspect this is done in pure butthurt. "God damn PC gamers don't appreciate my genius! Fucking PC gamers! I'll turn to consoles! A shitty console at that! A console with like 6 games released on it! Hahahaha! All the GOTY rewards are mine!"
Yes, I'm sure a game developer would base their business decisions entirely on what a largely unknown gaming forum had to say about their game.
glad you got the joke

Wasteland 2 couldn't grab a single RPG Codex GOTY award so I suspect this is done in pure butthurt. "God damn PC gamers don't appreciate my genius! Fucking PC gamers! I'll turn to consoles! A shitty console at that! A console with like 6 games released on it! Hahahaha! All the GOTY rewards are mine!"
Yes, I'm sure a game developer would base their business decisions entirely on what a largely unknown gaming forum had to say about their game.

You underestimate what butthurt can do to a man's mind.

Tel Prydain

Augur
Interesting...
I didn't expect this, but I'll give it a shot.

D:OS and WL2 coming to consoles wasn't expected, but it's sure welcome. A good game is a good game, regardless of platform

DeepOcean

Arcane
This is a surprise and at same time it isn't, turn based games can be ported rather well on a console. I will be really surprised when Obsidian decides to port Pillars of Eternity for the Xbone, now THAT would be interesting to watch.

Shannow

Waster of Time
A console with like 6 games released on it! Hahahaha!
Well, that only means there's a huge demand for additional games and W2 will rake in the cash. They might even have to open new bank accounts, because the old ones will be full.

Number of people that actually own an xbox one:
Zip
Zilch
Nada!
Well, that will totally change with W2. Any console gamer who hasn't played W2 will be laughed at an ridiculed. They'll all by a One simply to play W2. And Fargo and MS can close down because of wealth. No further need for the rat race.

Serious: Looking forward to the updates. I don't mind the port. But I hope the conversion doesn't cost them too much money, because I doubt that this will sell well on consoles.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Doesn't that shed a new light on how late Larian is with their so-called balance patch ?
Really i wonder...

Greatness

Cipher
Uhh, cool? Are they still doing the balance overhaul? That's far more important than any of these announced features

New Quirks & Perks System - Game needs a major rebalance for this to matter. Not only the character system, but all encounters as well. If they half-ass it'll just make the game even easier.

New Precision Strike System - Same as above. It'll need updated AI too. Doing these things right will take a lot of time and I'm not sure that the console sales would be enough to warrant it. Of course they might just put in the minimal effort and use it to milk some extra cash out of a rerelease.

Complete Art & Lighting Overhaul - Don't care. The art assets just aren't good. Changing some render/lighting effects isn't going to fix that.

Updated Character Models - Yeah the ones it shipped with are god awful, but you're always zoomed out in game so this isn't important for me.

New Voice Overs. - Basically the worst cost:value ratio of anything they could do. Of course the console tards can't actually read so this is probably a requirement for an xbone release.

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, they are moving to Unity 5. To make the game available in Xbox they only need to add support for a gamepad that coincidentally works on Windows as well. Then they choose Xbox One in the building options instead of Windows. There's really little reason to not do it when the amount of work it takes is minimum. It would have to sell only a few hundred* units for the whole thing to not be profitable.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Exclusive photo of the deal leaked:

KyMVFbc.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'd love to make shitty ports of addictive PC games for consoles so the console kiddos would have to upgrade their rigs in pure butthurt. Pity that Fargo looks more like he'd suck Xbox tits instead of using and abusing them to make the master race happy.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Clearly W2 was developed for the Xbone from the start and Fargo was just playing with us, releasing a downgraded PC port first.

Duraframe300

Arcane
We joke, but seriously there is actually a tinsy bit of worry associated with this. Mainly that they now will begin to design controls and gameplay with an eventual console release in mind.

And thats where decline for pc releases begins.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not while PC gaming purists are still the ones funding Kickstarters.

We have to keep a watchful eye of course, but we do that anyway.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Why am I not surprised in the slightest.:lol:, next we learn about Original Sin enchanted edition for consoles with lots of improvements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom