Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

MisterStone

Arcane
The fucker said that the original wasteland was "full of minigames" (when you use a skill on a tile to achieve some end)... so obviously MDF is a troll. Probably Andhaira again...

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Fallout did it too, bros, so it's ok. Don't be so homophobic.

Problem is, you give them an inch and they'll start asking for a foot.

"ZOMG Y CANT I ROMANCE N CONVINCE HER TO MARRY ME WTF INXILE UNRELAISTIC"

Idiots cannot into perspective. Some tongue-in-cheek dialogues here and there is fine, but it seems a good number of people in there want you to be able to pimp your spouse. Next they'll be asking for restaurants where you can sip wine and talk on an emotional level. The observation that people are actually specifically asking for this shows what kind of game they want as opposed to what kind of game we want.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The fucker said that the original wasteland was "full of minigames" (when you use a skill on a tile to achieve some end)... so obviously MDF is a troll. Probably Andhaira again...
Never entirely discount the possibility of simple stupidity. Still, probably a troll, yeah.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Almost looking forward to this as much as the game itself.

retard1.png

Ehehe.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I wouldn't mind emotional engagement so much if their precious romance would have as much gameplay challenge as killing someone. Really, you have trouble fighting the rats in fallout 1 or getting past the cave of trials but you are definitely relationship master of the universe?

It's like their brains can't think past 'having this chick fall in love with me after I talk to her three times by clicking on the sexy talk word lines is awesome times for my lonely phallus' and they start pulling out the cognitive dissonance chaff like "better roleplaying means more things to do like girlfriends" and "adding relationships would increase realism and make the world more complex" and "feature inclusiveness" and "rpgs have broadened as a genre".

I say fuck you very much sir, you just want a cheap and manipulative reason to care about the game and applaud the very people who play you for a rube. You are the sort of person who cannot conceive of rooting for that smart prawn in district nine because they don't have tits for you to be emotional about. When you speak of more options you merely mean the option to have what you want because it made your brain shut down to everything else: virtual tits and dick in your face and this means the game is heaven and not some kind of generic factory-line purgatory you paid the recommended 59.90 for.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I wouldn't mind emotional engagement so much if their precious romance would have as much gameplay challenge as killing someone. Really, you have trouble fighting the rats in fallout 1 or getting past the cave of trials but you are definitely relationship master of the universe?

It's like their brains can't think past 'having this chick fall in love with me after I talk to her three times by clicking on the sexy talk word lines is awesome times for my lonely phallus' and they start pulling out the cognitive dissonance chaff like "better roleplaying means more things to do like girlfriends" and "adding relationships would increase realism and make the world more complex" and "feature inclusiveness" and "rpgs have broadened as a genre".

I say fuck you very much sir, you just want a cheap and manipulative reason to care about the game and applaud the very people who play you for a rube. You are the sort of person who cannot conceive of rooting for that smart prawn in district nine because they don't have tits for you to be emotional about. When you speak of more options you merely mean the option to have what you want because it made your brain shut down to everything else: virtual tits and dick in your face and this means the game is heaven and not some kind of generic factory-line purgatory you paid the recommended 59.90 for.
:bravo:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah I sure had fun clearing the wanamingos - I wouldn't want to get into F1 vs F2 argument again, but really, the amount of filler combat is sickening. I rather like Fallout 1 lean content that gives players a clear deadline and some clues where to proceed, but not outright solutions.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Yeah I sure had fun clearing the wanamingos - I wouldn't want to get into F1 vs F2 argument again, but really, the amount of filler combat is sickening. I rather like Fallout 1 lean content that gives players a clear deadline and some clues where to proceed, but not outright solutions.

If they do well in Wasteland 2 as far as balancing out and varying combat situations, landscapes and party tactics not too mention having a wide skill-based arsenal of weaponry to play around with I'm sure "filler combat" would be far less an issue this time around...

Oesophagus

Arcane
Oh yeah, that would be just great. "Why doesn't she fall for my charisma of 1 PC? And where's the sexytimes dialogue option?"

Oesophagus

Arcane
Meh, right now the boards are either populated by inane threads like this one or duplicates of already discussed threads. There's nothing to do but wait for the devs to give some info on the game, so that we can actually discuss something meaningful, rather than "should all skills be useful or just most of them"?

RK47

Patron
Doubt these guys even played the original Wastelands. Like me, I don't play the original and have a 'blank slate'
A lot of these vocal peepz are just messed in the head if they think Wastelands 2 will have great romance, InXile doesn't have David Gaider or Jennifer Hepler level of writing talent to back them up.

laclongquan

Arcane
When I run directly from the Den to Redding, bypass the usual Modoc-Vault City, my slut was not strong enough and her harem was not big enough, to stand against Wanamingos in the mine. She hightailed out of there screaming like a little girl which she really was. Serve her right for batting over her league. Well, her first clue was how hard to finish the pair under the town's well.

Of course, when you do the usual Den-Modoc-Vault-Redding, or the abortive Redding: Den-Redding-Modoc-VC-Redding-Den(car), you are strong enough, well-equipped, and numerous enough to take on the horde of wanamingos in the town. WHich is as it should be.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I demand that a Casanova mutant with multiple dicks eventually visits all your paramours and they break up with you saying that "Sorry *charname*, your dick just can't compare." for a tasteful :forever alone: feeling.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

I would brofist you if I could, good sir.

One day, it would be amazing if a company made a game that's advertised as featuring Bioware-style romances, but instead of it being "Press Flirt to Win," it's ridiculously complex and full of random variables determining your success with around a 75% base fail rate. Imagine the outcry from the lonely people they market these dating sims to...

MCA
I like how you can hit on a few companions in FNV but they won't give a shit and return your affection even if you are the right gender. It's like they gave a good satisfying fuck you to all the Biowhores. That game is so awesome on so many levels.

I_am_Ian

Arbiter
Patron

One day, it would be amazing if a company made a game that's advertised as featuring Bioware-style romances, but instead of it being "Press Flirt to Win," it's ridiculously complex and full of random variables determining your success with around a 75% base fail rate. Imagine the outcry from the lonely people they market these dating sims to...

Like a Dark Souls dating sim.

Johannes

Arcane
A pussylicking action game? Where will you use fingers, where to put tongue, etc. If you don't do well enough she just wants to sleep.

Whisky

The Solution

Like a Dark Souls dating sim.

That'd be kind of interesting actually...

As you wander around the levels, you slowly become closer to your waifu/husbandro, your emotional bond strengthening each time you run into each-other around the bonfire, eventually, near the end of the game this culminates in...

Them going hollow and you're forced to kill them. You cannot save them or bring them back to life. Dark Souls already had several NPCs eventually go hollow once you exhausted their dialogue/inventory.

Okay, I would never seriously want romance added to Dark Souls, it does not belong in the games, but if for some horrible reason it had to be added, that would be the most acceptable implementation.

RK47

Patron
Oooh. Just like Dragon Age 2 darkspawn's blood infection?

RK47

Patron
IIRC one of the supporting cast husband had to be killed off cause he was turning in the beginning. How do I give a fuck about him within 5 mins huh?

Whisky

The Solution
Ah right, Avelline's husband. Shockingly, that was probably the best scene in the game. Sure, he died before you could give a fuck about him, but on the other hand, he died before you were wishing he was dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom