Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Discussion Thread [DON'T TALK ABOUT THE BETA HERE]

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by turrican, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Comparing Wasteland 2 with Dead Space and "Apple versions" :lol:

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=762

^ Top  
  2. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    He can ask for a pocket calculator version for all I care, the simple fact is he won't get it. These people need to learn to read
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Also, what the fuck is wrong with these people asking for randomized dungeons so they can "replay the game like Diablo"? :retarded:
    ^ Top  
  4. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    It's from their experience of having to randomise dungeons in realtime games so as to not get completely bored. This translates to them thinking oh dear god dat turn based thing needs more help than real time it is gonna be so bad without mah randomised corridors
    ^ Top  
  5. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    MCA
    If Wasteland 2 stays true to it's roots, these people who cannot even read and comprehend a simple description of the planned game are going to shit themselves when they finally try to play it. :smug:
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    Amd we'll have a glorious thread to chronicle their pants-shitting. :troll:
    Spockrock Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  7. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Almost looking forward to this as much as the game itself.
    ^ Top  
  8. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Just FYI, there's a Fargo quote somewhere where he talks about what to do with the funds beyond the original demand and tablets are mentioned as a platform.
    ^ Top  
  9. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight

:lol: this never gets old. A gamer can't get more stereotypical than that.

"This is not fun at all"

"Then why are you playing?"

"To get the HIGH SCORE!:mad: "

"A minigame inside a minigame inside a minigame inside a minigame? We have to go derper"

This is getting prosperian.
    Spockrock Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=761
    ^ Top  
  11. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    :balance:
    ^ Top  
  12. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    He's got a point. I've been campaigning to add turn based tactical squad combat in the Sims community for a while, but they keep locking my threads for some reason. Why can't they just realise that I'm turned off by their boring and unrealistic cartoon combat? Why can't they see, codex? Why can't they see!
    ^ Top  
  13. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    There's Lover's Bitch for Oblivion. It adds the ability to "tame" wolves and stray dogs and then train them. You can all store them in a kennel. Different dogs have different stats and give different bonuses depending on how much you trained them. There are also some quests, such as training a dog in front of an audience or befriending ten wild wolves. Your dogs even level up and learn new abilities the more they are trained and knotted.

That's what I heard at least.

Edit: The forums blooows. I want to write a post that'd get me banned almost every thread. The decline/trollage is strong.
    ^ Top  
  14. Sulimo Cipher

Sulimo
    :D The "That's what I heard at least." puts you in an unflattering light, you yiffster you. "My friend has genital warts, any idea how I- ehhm, he can cure them?"
    ^ Top  
  15. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    something tells me you're deriving some enjoyment from describing this mod in great detail to the codex whenever possible
    I'm on to your shadowy agenda
    ^ Top  
  16. likaq Savant

likaq
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...inxile-talks-wasteland-2-kickstarter-success/

:love:
    Infinitron and udm Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  17. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
  18. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    :lol:

Man, I really hope Fargo doesn't pull a George Lucas.

He's got cozy money ahead of schedule, and he's got a loving fan base...potential for disaster really.

I hope he's got some 'no men' on the team to slap him around and keep him straight.
    ^ Top  
  19. udm Savant

udm
    [​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  20. Stabwound Magister

Stabwound
    As long as it doesn't pull a Skyrim and have people you walk by tell you to join the mage's college when you're already the arch mage.

Sounds cool in theory though.
    ^ Top  
  21. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    What?
    ^ Top  
  22. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 9 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    You're wrong too: root's Warhammer 42k is bigger than Barbarian's Codexian Saga.
    ^ Top  
  23. Brother None Prestigious Gentleman On the line for InXile

Brother None
    I'm still not sure about this MDF guy. He doesn't seem to be breaking any rules tho.

Well, this is one of the reasons he brought up himself for getting in touch with NMA (and other fan communities). To help keep em on the straight and narrow.
    ^ Top  
  24. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    At first I thought he was trolling, but I think he might be a kid.
    ^ Top  
  25. Brayko Liturgist Patron

Brayko
    I think he means, at that time period, Tim Cain wanted the game to have a more serious tone, whilst Fargo wanted more humor and violence, and we got Fallout out of those clashing values.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)