Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some potential game ideas, please look!!

by MDF_MadDogFargo » March 19th, 2012, 10:13 pm
Since I don't want to spam the Google Moderator I will try and vett some ideas here ahead of time and only post the ones that people show an interest in.

Plus that moderator is biased. Most people only peruse the oldest and most popular ideas while the majority of new ones are lost in the sea.

Here are some ideas for the game I thought might be worth posting, let me know what you think, or if you think, or just ignore them and go outside if the weather is nice!
icon_e_smile.gif

-Skills that are related to more than one task. For example, a juggling skill that is good for entertainment and good for 'juggling' relationships.

-Personal skills for use among PCs and NPCs, to resolve disputes or to establish bonds. There would be a skill check and then a character moment and experience if you succeed.

-Bonds between characters that grow by fighting together or using their skills together, for example, discovering items together or solving puzzles together, giving you a better group dynamic and rewarding experience points.

-Every time you play the game, some encounters and characters are randomized and the order of some events is radomized. The order of some events also depends on where you explore or who joins your party.

-A big guy might be worth two slots in your roster, or a pack of dogs or armored rodents might represent one slot in your roster. (You can fight with dogs or rats on your team.) (A Scorpitron on your roster might be five slots!)

-On character creation, rolling a character isn't just stats, you can choose a story related to the stats that ties you to the game world and gives you an initial experience-rewarding quest.

----
peace!

Oesophagus

Arcane
Between Fargo's interviews and BN's moderation and insider tidbits, I can read those retarded threads and just chuckle at what mother nature allows to be born.

@ Infinitron

I thought that guy was an Andhaira alt tbh

Some potential game ideas, please look!!

by MDF_MadDogFargo » March 19th, 2012, 10:13 pm
Since I don't want to spam the Google Moderator I will try and vett some ideas here ahead of time and only post the ones that people show an interest in.

Plus that moderator is biased. Most people only peruse the oldest and most popular ideas while the majority of new ones are lost in the sea.

Here are some ideas for the game I thought might be worth posting, let me know what you think, or if you think, or just ignore them and go outside if the weather is nice!
icon_e_smile.gif

-Skills that are related to more than one task. For example, a juggling skill that is good for entertainment and good for 'juggling' relationships.

-Personal skills for use among PCs and NPCs, to resolve disputes or to establish bonds. There would be a skill check and then a character moment and experience if you succeed.

-Bonds between characters that grow by fighting together or using their skills together, for example, discovering items together or solving puzzles together, giving you a better group dynamic and rewarding experience points.

-Every time you play the game, some encounters and characters are randomized and the order of some events is radomized. The order of some events also depends on where you explore or who joins your party.

-A big guy might be worth two slots in your roster, or a pack of dogs or armored rodents might represent one slot in your roster. (You can fight with dogs or rats on your team.) (A Scorpitron on your roster might be five slots!)

-On character creation, rolling a character isn't just stats, you can choose a story related to the stats that ties you to the game world and gives you an initial experience-rewarding quest.

----
peace!

Is it possible this is not trolling? :rage:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's pathetically amusing how they're attempting to shoehorn in "story" and "relationships" in any possible way they can.

mondblut

Arcane
Hey, what's wrong with houses? Daggerfall did it, and what's good enough for Daggerfall is good enough for near anything. You get to store all that loot somewhere.

Anyway, I am getting an increasing urge to sign in. Perhaps I am ought to be banned in advance, to spare mr. Fargo an embarrassment of getting a few lawsuits for hate speech and death threats suddenly filling up his forum :smug: Must...resist...going...ballistic...

Then again, after 6+ years in the Fair Kodexia, I am physically unable to contribute to a forum which does not openly encourage abusing stupid people into a messy suicide.

Hey, what's wrong with houses? Daggerfall did it, and what's good enough for Daggerfall is good enough for near anything. You get to store all that loot somewhere.

Anyway, I am getting an increasing urge to sign in. Perhaps I am ought to be banned in advance, to spare mr. Fargo an embarrassment of getting a few lawsuits for hate speech and death threats suddenly filling up his forum :smug: Must...resist...going...ballistic...

I don't think permanent housing would "seamlessly fit" into Wasteland universe. It's more of a Bethesda thing. If they want to give us something to store loot in, it would better be some vehicle with a trunk, like in Fallout 2. :smug:

Stabwound

Arcane
It actually would be cool if by "house" it was actually a ranger center. That would make much more sense than owning an actual house, and it would possibly be a fun part of the game, ie recruiting/convincing/coercing a doctor to work in your ranger center, things like that. It wouldn't have to be shitty or "sims" like at all if it was done right.

Oesophagus

Arcane
It actually would be cool if by "house" it was actually a ranger center. That would make much more sense than owning an actual house, and it would possibly be a fun part of the game, ie recruiting/convincing/coercing a doctor to work in your ranger center, things like that. It wouldn't have to be shitty or "sims" like at all if it was done right.

That would make sense. But these people want a house so they can buy furniture and wallpaper for it

Yeah, well ranger center should be an integral part of the game, because it WAS in the original. Hope they now how to integrate it properly.

This thread is a wonderfull example of how design by committee is, well, shit.

That's why, for everybody's sake, I hope Brian Fargo and his team know what they are doing, and will only use input from fans when they intended to. For example to determine will the perspective be Top Down or Cavalier Oblique etc.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Is it possible this is not trolling?

I have been keeping an eye on that account but I'm not really sure. I think someone flagged it as "possible Andhaira alt". Thoughts?

As for democracy, well doesn't Bethesda censor and ban all "unwanted" opinions?
Yeah, but that's Bethesda. Fuck em

I don't know if it's Andy, but I'll be damned if it isn't a troll. Unless the world has gone insane while I wasn't looking. Seriously, there's no precedent for juggling in any rpg, so I doubt it's just a bioware/bethesda fan gone wild.

I have been keeping an eye on that account but I'm not really sure. I think someone flagged it as "possible Andhaira alt". Thoughts?

Kill it with fire. :smug:

Anyway, it's just sad. For ten years we haven't had a proper "non-indie" crpg and still people are trolling and fucking up that possibility even if by a small margin, instead of collaborating our forces into something constructive and making it happen. :(

I don't know if it's Andy, but I'll be damned if it isn't a troll. Unless the world has gone insane while I wasn't looking. Seriously, there's no precedent for juggling in any rpg, so I doubt it's just a bioware/bethesda fan gone wild.

Well isn't something like that a plugin for morrowind, you dance a jig or something like that? I think it's called entertainers plugin or something like that.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yes, but I'm pretty sure there are bestiality mods for the TES-game if you look hard enough, though you don't see many people clamouring for hot Mutated Dog-Protagonist sex. Mods tend to attract a small audience. Still, it could be a real argument.

Johannes

Arcane

Yeah, well ranger center should be an integral part of the game, because it WAS in the original. Hope they now how to integrate it properly.
It was? I only remember starting from it and radio'ing to it pretty much, was there any reason to visit there during the game?

It was? I only remember starting from it and radio'ing to it pretty much, was there any reason to visit there during the game?

Well fuck it I misread your post, you already said about promotions. I honestly can't remember if it was used for anything else, but I remember dropping by. :D

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
This thread and the forums over there just make me hope Fargo ignores the chittering monkeys and does what he has already proven he can do. Design and make a good game without having people look over his shoulder to tell him what to do. No point in getting rid of the marketing and finance suits if you let their place get taken over by the typical forum rabble.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom