Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Oesophagus

Arcane
Yeah, I think we shouldn't be too obnoxious on the W2 forums. Straighten out the biotards with rational argument, sure, but it won't serve the cause if we look like a bunch of raging, foaming old crazies in front of Fargo... Anyway, I'll try to do my bit :salute:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Yeah going full troll isn't the mission, but having lighthearted fun and making rational arguments against biobethtard requests/complaints is fine.

I can't let him go on wearing those shirts.
:rpgcodex:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I think we shouldn't be too obnoxious on the W2 forums. Straighten out the biotards with rational argument, sure, but it won't serve the cause if we look like a bunch of raging, foaming old crazies in front of Fargo... Anyway, I'll try to do my bit :salute:

That would require some rational thinking from Biodrones though

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Brian Fargo ‏ @BrianFargo
And keep those comments going on our forums.. We read EVERY one.

:lol: I don't think it's a good idea, Brian. You could get brain damage from the biodrones.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
"Do not argue with an idiot..."

I think W2 devs know better what to do with this game than a random bunch of biowhores/modern-games-enthusiasts. Besides the complete lack of moderation out there only proves that they don't give a fuck about "suggestions" - I think it's only for trolls to have a place to vent.

Menckenstein

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=476

I addressed the Codex's main complaint about the Kickstarter video
You want brofists for being a dumbass or something? Why are you posting this?
"Lord Menckenstein of Codexia"

Seriously some codexers on the wasteland forum should just stop posting there. You're embarrassing.
Because Brian Fargo, creator of Wasteland, is without a sense of humor. Part of it was serious, don't come pleading to the "old school" crowd wearing your sons glittering Affliction shirt when you're an old man. Pretty sure that was more embarrassing than a few pieces of tongue in cheek text. Calm down.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the best thing to do with the biodrone interlopers may be to just ignore them. Let their threads wither on the vine. Shut them out and they'll get bored and go away.

Problem is getting everybody to comply with this plan...

It's okay to joke and all (I'm sure Fargo would just laugh at the shirt thread), but let's not go overboard with the codex references. First, because it looks kinda silly. Second, because the last thing I want is this sort of filth finding its way here.

Re: Marriage, Owning A House, Maybe?

falloutgod13 wrote:I heard people say crap like "romancing is so biowarian der derp dep it's a bioware idea".​

*backhand* NO!​

Interplay was doing romances in game before BioWare even started making cRPGs. STFU, if you don't like romances you don't have to romance anyone in the game. It's not an open world with choices if you don't get to make the damn choices. If you don't like choices then don't post of the forum. We're supporting an RPG, not an FPS.​

Thank you, and everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

why​

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Don't get me wrong. I lol'd hard at some of the codexian responses in the biodrone threads. But bandwagoning andhaira's threads or creating off-topic bs-threads in their game feedback forum? That's not just not funny, but also counter-productive to the game. Just cuz there's a lot of codexers there doesn't make it a codex playground.

Raapys

Arcane
Gods, the more stuff I read on those forums the less hope I have for the game. How the hell did all those moral/tranny/gay/politicallycorrect faggots end up there? No child killing? No China bashing? Romances? What the fuck, it's infected with all sorts of interest groups and lobbyists.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I think the best thing to do with the biodrone interlopers may be to just ignore them. Let their threads wither on the vine. Shut them out and they'll get bored and go away.

Problem is getting everybody to comply with this plan...

Problem is that some of these retards seem to be serious about including all that shit in the game and will probably stay.I hope Fargo doesn't actually listen to the fans reaction like he said because Exterminatus looks like the best option for those forums

Oesophagus

Arcane
Gods, the more stuff I read on those forums the less hope I have for the game. How the hell did all those moral/tranny/gay/politicallycorrect faggots end up there? No child killing? No China bashing? Romances? What the fuck, it's infected with all sorts of interest groups and lobbyists.
They're vocal, but the opposition to their ideas is even more so. By asking the question in the first place, they are digging their own graves, as they garner negative responses

Menckenstein

Don't get me wrong. I lol'd hard at some of the codexian responses in the biodrone threads. But bandwagoning andhaira's threads or creating off-topic bs-threads in their game feedback forum? That's not just not funny, but also counter-productive to the game. Just cuz there's a lot of codexers there doesn't make it a codex playground.
Yeah I agree. :oops: I just want to play Wasteland 2. No dreaming, no fountains.

Renegen

Arcane
That's an interesting opinion. Don't you think that a limited amount of codex playground coupled with a majority of intelligent posts is exactly what is needed to first ridicule the biodrones and follow that up with suitable alternatives? That's really the best way to neutralize them I find.

jewboy

Arbiter
I also don't think taking a dump on the forum is going to accomplish anything. At least not anything good. And insulting Brian personally? Even as joke. I don't think you know the man well enough to say that he won't be insulted. Since he seems to be on our side and not the biodrones I don't see the point. I guess the problem with codexia is normally we would be raging at each others' throats. It would be nice if we could focus more on the real enemy. Well unless the enemy is us. But in this case I don't think so.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
The shirt thing made me feel bad. Didn't like that post. Sorry. Got a bit o' tender heart. But I agree with the last few posts. It's just that it's really hard not to rage there. Trolls or just really fucking simple people...either way it's incredibly hard to sit here knowing what gaming has become, thinking "YES! We finally are going to get a game WE want!" and then seeing all these shitheads asking for the SAME OLD THING that Bioware and Bethesda have been dishing out for years. Really hard not to rage.

jewboy

Arbiter
I went to that link and it automatically logged me into my google account under my real name. Yikes. I'll have to be careful with that. That system seems kind of difficult to navigate. I just got one topic. Hmm. I'll have to investigate and start voting down the biodrones.

Stabwound

Arcane
I think they made a mistake in allowing any random idiot to post on the forums. With Double Fine's kickstarter, only those that donated enough to meet the first tier are allowed to access their private forum.

Then again, maybe people are that sad that they'd pay money to troll.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
After years of multiple troll accounts at Bethesda's forums I can safely say I don't think most of these people are trolling. I've seen way, way, way worse at the official Bethie board.

God fucking damn it, this fucker gets worse the more I read his posts

falloutgod13 wrote: If I wanted to target-rape an npc I'd buy one of those crazy Japanese games. :lol:

Madball357 wrote: I guess Fallout 2 is a 'crazy Japanese game' now?

falloutgod13 wrote: o_O I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or a failed attempt at some kind of insult. Because I played Fallout 2 many times over and raping an npc wasn't ever presented as an option in the game.:lol:

GSoda wrote: There was one point in the game where you could blackmail a female NPC into having sex with you. I guess that's more or less rape. Yupp.

falloutgod13 wrote: That's an agreed upon and consensual form of intercourse. At worst it's extortion, rape happens through the use of force.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom