Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Story & Scale Trailer

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are they still going to force us to choose between the lab and the water village or maybe allow us to try and save both?

I like games where the C&C allows you to do everything. Why should gamers be locked out of certain content based on their choices? Wouldn't Fallout have been much better if you could join the Master and stop him at the same time?:M :M :M

I just think that its 2015, technology, PC specs have increased beyond the 32k - why the shit is these you can talk, fight or go around the only sort of choices?

Exactly...why can't you just be a farmer when they come to make you a ranger? Of course this would have to be done before you pick your character as a Ranger in a Ranger-centric game....maybe have an introductory scene where they come to your farm and ask you to join and you say 'no' and then you farm for as long as you like? Maybe make a Farming Apocalypse Simulator minin game where you plant irradiated plants and grow giant carrots to sell at the local market and get more seeds and buy new equipment? :M :M :M

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
I like games where the C&C allows you to do everything. Why should gamers be locked out of certain content based on their choices? Wouldn't Fallout have been much better if you could join the Master and stop him at the same time?:M :M :M
Yea, that's a dumb excuse. I don't mind the game locking me out of content but at least give me a better reason for it or like suggested a long time ago by Feliepe I think maybe, make it able to split your rangers to try and save both.

Also I think Hiver said this if I am not wrong, since the 2 places are pretty important, one of them being a medical lab and the other water haven or something, why the hell not make it top priority for the top classed rangers to deal with this shit instead of staying in the HQ and sending in rookies to only deal with one problem.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Maybe make a Farming Apocalypse Simulator minin game where you plant irradiated plants and grow giant carrots to sell at the local market and get more seeds and buy new equipment? :M :M :M

Finally, an idea for the Wasteland Mobile game. :salute:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yea, that's a dumb excuse. I don't mind the game locking me out of content but at least give me a better reason for it or like suggested a long time ago by Feliepe I think maybe, make it able to split your rangers to try and save both.

Also I think Hiver said this if I am not wrong, since the 2 places are pretty important, one of them being a medical lab and the other water haven or something, why the hell not make it top priority for the top classed rangers to deal with this shit instead of staying in the HQ and sending in rookies to only deal with one problem.

Logic never stopped Fargo from putting the unsuspecting player through TOUGH MORAL CHOICES!!!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I agree....same thing with Fallout: Why should the Overseer send one guy to get the water chip instead of a crack team of assault troops since it's so important to get it? :M :M :M

It would be so much better to just do fetch quests and polishing equipment and doing patrols around the base to shoot stray rabid animals, and then you could meet Ranger squads actually going out on important missions and talk to them about how they went and stuff....that would be so cool and realistic! Then you'd go back to doing patrols and after 6 months or so you'd be ready for a real mission! :M :M :M

Maybe the fact that it's a game that has the player as the focus has something to do with it?.........................................Nah!

Last edited:

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I'm playing it right now... :smug:

Ah, GFY. Good for you! I'm not that bothered by a reviewer getting it early. But I do really want to fucking replay it ASAP. Really enjoyed it too right at launch, despite the bugs which were many. Should've just replayed it like in June or July, when I first got the itch to jump back in.:/

Cadmus

Arcane
I agree....same thing with Fallout: Why should the Overseer send one guy to get the water chip instead of a crack team of assault troops since it's so important to get it? :M :M :M

It would be so much better to just do fetch quests and polishing equipment and doing patrols around the base to shoot stray rabid animals, and then you could meet Ranger squads actually going out on important missions and talk to them about how they went and stuff....that would be so cool and realistic! Then you'd go back to doing patrols and after 6 months or so you'd be ready for a real mission! :M :M :M

Maybe the fact that it's a game that has the player as the focus has something to do with it?.........................................Nah!
Nah, you're a retard. Those are 2 highly significant places one for water one for important research and there's a citadel full of idiots picking their asshole doing nothing so you gotta decide where to go. It stinks.

Athelas

Arcane
The Overseer obviously didn't want to risk messing up the government-mandated social experiment.

Thank goodness for Fallout 2 retcons. :troll:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thats great MindX I hope you are enjoying that man!
And for the whole "choosen one" idea of the water chip and everything, after playing Dark Souls I tend to have this sarcastic view that all games that they tell this lie to all available suckers and throw them out the wall to see which sticks... Hell that is how intership works in RL why shouldnt it apply to games too?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom