Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 coming to Xbox One and PS4

Martius

Liturgist
What's the point of releasing it on the one? It's ridiculous when it comes to both the fanbase and controls.
Probably because Microsoft parity clause which require release earlier on xbox one than the other consoles or at least in same time.

Black

Arcane
Oh, sorry.
Why release it on any console at all considering its controls and fanbase.
How many people wanted WL2 but went "eh, I'll just wait for the x1/ps4 version"?

Deleted member 7219

Looking forward to the Xbox One port of Age of Decadence.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
If all those updates hit PC (finally perks(tm)(r) quirks!) as well I might finally play the game past Arizona.

Hopefully "run fast instant skill checks" mod is still somewhere out there, without it it seems like half of the game is spent waiting for a safe to open.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How are they going to get the game to work with only a few buttons on those primitive controllers?

Don't ask me where I put the stick.

fd1b6671_atari-usb.jpeg

That's the design doc for Wasteland 3.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 2 coming to PS4
Game of the Year Edition will add new visuals, new customisation options to this RPG classic.

Ever dreamed of being a Desert Ranger? Soon enough, that will become a reality. We’re excited to announce we’re bringing our crowdfunded RPG Wasteland 2 to PS4, after an award-winning debut on PC. WithWasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition, we’re eager to open up the wastes to an even bigger crowd, along with tons of enhancements and improvements.

So what is Wasteland 2?

In this hardcore RPG, you take control of a squad of four Desert Rangers — plus any followers you pick up along the way — to keep peace in the post-apocalyptic Arizona desert. But a larger threat looms on the horizon, and it will fall to your team to deal with it… or die trying.

You may have heard of the original Wasteland, which dates back to 1988, and is the inspiration behind the Fallout series and the godfather of post-apocalyptic games. With the help of over 70,000 fans, we’ve delivered a sequel that’s been able to benefit from 25 years of innovations, taking the deep character building, engrossing game world, branching story and reactivity from games like Fallout, and tactical turn-based combat in the vein of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

More than anything, our focus is on reactivity. We crafted a game that truly reacts to your choices. Save someone from overgrown mutant honey badgers? Break into someone’s trunk of supplies? Shoot some punk in the street and deliver some “wasteland justice”? The game accounts for your choices and reacts accordingly, and no two experiences will be alike. The fate of the wasteland is in your hands, and the outcomes aren’t black and white.

For the Game of the Year Edition, we’ve ported Wasteland 2 to Unity 5, the latest version of this highly versatile game engine, which has let us overhaul the game with some new visual effects, improved character models, upgraded environments, and Unity 5′s physically based shading to get more realistic lighting and shadowing. This is all something we wouldn’t have been able to do on the previous generation of tech.

We are also not afraid of a rich narrative and memorable characters. Wasteland 2 is full of interesting and quirky personalities to interact with, logbooks and lore items to uncover, and detailed descriptions of the environments you’re exploring. We’ve even managed to go back and add new voiceover for key characters and story moments. We want the wasteland to be a place you really feel immersed in, and that goes beyond just graphics.

Of course, that’s all great, but how does it play? In this new edition, we’re beefing up our existing gameplay and adding some new features. You’ll be able to customise your squad even more with our new Perks and Quirks (traits) to add unique bonuses and characteristics. Our new Precision Strike (aimed shots) system will let you target individual body parts to cripple or stun enemies, or shatter their armour so you can mop them up, giving you even more options in combat. And you’ll need those options, because we’ve been hard at work hand-crafting each battle you’ll find yourself in.

With Wasteland 2, it was our goal to deliver our fans a game they wanted, and we were honoured by PC World’s Game of the Year endorsement along with all the other accolades we received. With the Game of the Year Edition, we are totally thrilled to be able to bring that same hardcore gameplay to the PlayStation crowd in a bigger and better way this late summer 2015.

Perkel

Arcane
They just announced it. Trailer:

There will be some perk and quirk system (aka perks and traits), new VO, graphics and so on. Top kek

Why did you put in the same trailer

Because Infinitron is confirmed sawyerist and didn't want to see fun in General RPG forum and butthurt that would follow consolitardation of W2. Instead he moved fun thread to unfun W2 megaforum that no one watches anymore.
:dance:

edit:

I wonder if they will split UI or dumb down all versions UI for consolefagotry

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, so sea tells me the images in that PS4 blog post are new. They include the enhanced graphics.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Late summer means mid-September as far as I'm concerned which means one year after release which means roughly three and a half years of development time.

It's like that thing what's-his-name talked about.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Late summer means mid-September as far as I'm concerned which means one year after release which means roughly three and a half years of development time.

It's like that thing what's-his-name talked about.

That's the release date for PS4, not for the patch bringing the same improvements to PC.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
So, I take it that the game didn't sell well enough to make it economically viable without KS? Because I can't read this move as anything but desperate.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
So, I take it that the game didn't sell well enough to make it economically viable without KS? Because I can't read this move as anything but desperate.

No, I'm pretty sure it did fine.

But do the math: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...sed-on-steamdb-data.96513/page-3#post-3783472

The budget was between 5 and 6 million dollars, including Kickstarter. And the Kickstarter handed out around 100,000 copies, so you can subtract that from the number of owners.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

No, I'm pretty sure it did fine.

But do the math: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...sed-on-steamdb-data.96513/page-3#post-3783472

The budget was between 5 and 6 million dollars, including Kickstarter. And the Kickstarter handed out around 100,000 copies, so you can subtract that from the number of owners.

Eh, that's actually more than I expected. So they sold a little under 300k copies, game costs $40, let's use $30 to adjust for sales (rough estimate, can likely be improved by looking at W2's discount history). That's 9 million worth of sales, and 6.3 million revenue for InXile after Valve's cut. Sounds pretty good, to be honest, and definitely seems like the game would've easily made a profit without KS being involved.

This actually makes the decision to go console more puzzling. Maybe it's testing the waters, like "We're porting it to Unity 5 already, it's relatively easy to build for console from there, so let's see how it does."? Though I can imagine they'll need to spend some resources on retooling the UI significantly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom