Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Wasteland 2 Camera Angle Footage

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Hmm...can't your party members take cover?

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Why not? TB or not, cover is the most important thing :smug:

7NRYt.gif

Kahlis

Cipher
I'm put off by how the characters seem to have this sort of weird painted, shiny, plasticine look to them. Combat stances are kind of cool looking, I guess.

I think the game would look better if it had orthographic camera projection. Mostly because the camera in this video has such a narrow field of view that you needn't scroll far before things at the edges of the screen start getting a bit hard to keep track of. Definitely could not imagine playing the game with a view area as constricted as this.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Good things:
- music, (* this is a nice surprise)
- npc taunts,
- scorpitron model.

Bad things:
- people look like plastic dolls, (* by the way, they look worse than the Shadowrun npcs)
- disproportionate models (look at that scale),
- weird color palette.

Overall:
- as charm is still far far away from the atmospheric Van Buren tech-demo (* yes, I'm one of the idiots who expects at least Troika's level of quality)

kaizoku

Arcane
why a surprise? It's Mark Morgan's work.

I don't agree. If they are it's really not by much (when comparing them to the nearby abandoned cars).

- people look like plastic dolls, (* by the way, they look worse than the Shadowrun npcs)
- weird color palette.
Although the graphics could be better, I'm more than fine with it. I can live with it.
What I want them to focus is on the gameplay. After all, isn't that what we've all (at the codex and 24% on the forums) been asking for?

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=336

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The problem with graphics seems mostly bad design & art direction, not lack of resoures. Focusing on gameplay meant "simple graphics", not "bad complex graphics".

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I don't agree. If they are it's really not by much (when comparing them to the nearby abandoned cars).

- weird color palette.
Although the graphics could be better, I'm more than fine with it. I can live with it.
What I want them to focus is on the gameplay. After all, isn't that what we've all (at the codex and 24% on the forums) been asking for?

Chill. I know that the gameplay is the most important, but seriously: the in-engine screenshot and clip are not really stellar until now.
They should be more careful with what they show.

- weird color palette.

Chill. I know that the gameplay is the most important, but seriously: the in-engine screenshot and clip are not really stellar until now.

Maybe they think it's good looking, and/or are blinded by enthusiasm and fanboys on their forums to see the truth? :smug:

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Bad things:
- weird color palette.

Which means, the animated version of the first screenshot looks exactly like the first screenshot? Unbelievable :lol: .

EG

Nullified
Nothing wrong with showing us their early failures . . . It's whether they succeed afterward that we must know.
:love:

tindrli

Arcane
i still hate the graphic style.. to god damn consoletard.. it really seems to me like one of those PS games of the 90s that you just vomit when see

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
No, it's much worse: in 90s, they did the graphics like they did, because of many serious reasons. And now Inxile does it, because it's Unity and Unity assets, so they can invest those few bucks in booze instead.

EG

Nullified
i still hate the graphic style.. to god damn consoletard.. it really seems to me like one of those PS games of the 90s that you just vomit when see

Slander! PS games looked better. :lol:

Luzur

Good Sir
and here i thought the Codex was totally into old games like Wasteland and had been waiting for this kind of game since 1994, now that Wasteland 2 is in the works and a first test gameview video has been posted all i hear is "GRAPHICS SUCKS" and "SHIT GAME NEEDS MORE TEXTURES".

its like you guys dont really want this at all so you can continue to rage against graphic games like Skyrim or Dragon Age 2.

tindrli

Arcane
No, it's much worse: in 90s, they did the graphics like they did, because of many serious reasons. And now Inxile does it, because it's Unity and Unity assets, so they can invest those few bucks in booze instead.

i just don't mind that they'll invest in booze .. i don't really need great graphic. i love 2D.. i just never ever ever imagined wasteland cartoonish PS shit.. anyway, since its all decided i just hope that they wont fuckup the rest....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom