Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 - better weapon balance MOD

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
A lot of people are saying WL 2 weapon balance is bad. I consider it to be mediocre. Well, terminology aside, the modding community already started "fixing" some of the weaker aspects of the game. If you think WL 2 weapon system could be more diverse, instead of "everyone gets an AR", you will probably enjoy this mod (I know I do). Link:

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10719

Note: this mod does NOT change the energy weapon mechanics. In facts, it buffs some of them.
Note 2: This mod also affects enemies. You've been warned.

GreyViper

Prophet
Good find, in my current play through there is no point going with other then AR at the moment.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Good find, in my current play through there is no point going with other then AR at the moment.

Yeah. Latter on this becomes an even bigger issue. You start feeling like your AR guys/gals are the only ppl that matter. Anyhow, now my MG actually feels like a machine gun, and not some "turbo peeshooter", my sniper chick no longer feels useless and I can no longer ignore enemies with pistols. They hurt! Like, a lot!

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Don't work too hard on this Eyestabber, I hear inXile's balance patch is going to change things.

Well, as much as I'd like to be capable of creating this fine piece of MOD work, I'm not the modder. I am, however, glad to hear that the Devs are working on this issue. Hopefully they will allow me to put a scope on my MP5. Not allowing scopes on SMGs is another baffling design decision. I mean, COME ON, you can even find it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy6V5pZW0oM

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I haven't played this game for a while (it was before the patch where they added Steam Achievements). Did Inxile actually balance weapons since that or are ARs still OP and LMGs shit?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
They didn't. They've started working on some super-edition that is supposed to fix everything wrong with W2.

hiver

that would be the console edition, with some minor fixes that will be hyped as second coming of whatever the fuck.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Really, this BALANCE shit has infected single player games too now?

:balance:

I thought it was only MMOfags that bitched about balance all the time.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Really, this BALANCE shit has infected single player games too now?

:balance:

I thought it was only MMOfags that bitched about balance all the time.

I couldn't care less about Sawyeristic Raiders of the Lost Balance, but it gets really annoying when my utility character is a lot more effective in combat than my pure combat characters, just because he happens to be using an assault rifle.

gestalt11

Arbiter
I am still waiting for the balance patch for Bard's Tale 2 that nerfs the Sword of Zar ...

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Fuck off at this point everyone is either done with the game or Waiting for the unfucked version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom