Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gah, I sent Brian a message as to when the backer copies are going to be shipped. Brother None, can we get a bit of communication as to how shipping will be pulled off? Also, backer box shots! Please, I must see these boxes!
I don't believe we have a 100% set-in-stone date yet, but we will let everyone know once we do.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
How about implementing a good game in the game? :troll:

If only EA let them bundle W1 with W2.

Actually when the Kickstarter was going on I was thinking that it would be cool if they did something like this and included W1 inside W2. Still, a cool thing, regardless.
Now I'm waiting for the Fallout references. Hopefully they thought of those while taking a break from loling at the knee in the arrow jokes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How about implementing a good game in the game? :troll:

If only EA let them bundle W1 with W2.

Actually when the Kickstarter was going on I was thinking that it would be cool if they did something like this and included W1 inside W2. Still, a cool thing, regardless.
Now I'm waiting for the Fallout references. Hopefully they thought of those while taking a break from loling at the knee in the arrow jokes.

Read the Steam thread I linked to

FeelTheRads

Arcane
By the way, I think I said this before, but if there's no "Remember Fallout?" printed on the box I'm sending it back.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I made it to Damonta, and I think I've finally found the fun. Robots have interesting differences between them that so far critters and humans have failed to provide.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I made it to Damonta, and I think I've finally found the fun. Robots have interesting differences between them that so far critters and humans have failed to provide.
Good to hear, I haven't played since early beta (*cough* alpha *cough*), and I really hope the game's writing, progression, difficulty and ways to approach combat encounters have been improved.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Pop culture and in-jokes make some people very upset. A goon said this fairly recently

I knew the Codex was worthless when they blew a gasket at the suggestion that groin shots were included for fun and were not in fact very very serious and highly tactical combat options

Haha that sounds like something a classic Codexer would say all right.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pop culture and in-jokes make some people very upset. A goon said this fairly recently

I knew the Codex was worthless when they blew a gasket at the suggestion that groin shots were included for fun and were not in fact very very serious and highly tactical combat options

Haha that sounds like something a classic Codexer would say all right.

There are groin shots?

Maybe he was talking about this, which was a joke...I think: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ess-now-available.88397/page-268#post-3447401

EDIT: Oh, he's talking about Fallout. http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...rid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=222#post433919336

What's with the out-of-context Codex reference? Nobody was even talking about us.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pop culture and in-jokes make some people very upset.
I wouldn't go so far as "very upset", but pop culture references generally inspire eyerolls in me and serve to push me away from the game rather than draw me in. I'd rather see actual writing. That said, I certainly expect some goofiness in Wasteland 2 and am prepared to deal with it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Fallout 2 haters
Is this a thing?
Serious question?
Fallout 2 was hated the moment it came out. Fallout 3, being what it is, subdued that opinion, but for *hardcore* Fallout fans the decline began with F2.
Theres still plenty of people around that think of F1 as the only good Fallout.
Oh thanks, i was unaware, i was happily enjoying both games when they came out. I did love fallout 1 more than 2, but meh, they were both entertaining and they were both increible games.

Darkzone

Arcane
I think F2 was not as good as F1, because they wanted to make it a bigger game. Hmm why does this sound so familiar.

SniperHF

Arcane
Good to hear, I haven't played since early beta (*cough* alpha *cough*), and I really hope the game's writing, progression, difficulty and ways to approach combat encounters have been improved.

1. Nope, but I don't really have a problem with the writing.
2. Nope.
3. Nope.
4. Some. Mostly in that now you have more tactical flavor options to easily roflstomp everything.

There have been improvements of course but just not really in those areas.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
More from Joby Bednar: https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/search.php?author_id=73&sr=posts

892TYKy.png

EDIT: That last one:

Thanks for the info. I was able to reproduce it, I believe...

If you deactivate the turrets and wander in and shoot things up, there's a second wave of RSM that come running up from the farm. Depending on how many were left, they could be spread out across the whole distance. It's a little awkward if you skipped the farm and rush out the Prison at the end (spend time collecting loot and such and it should feel better), but you can fight your way down if so. The turrets will be highlighted as enemies during this combat, however, they aren't pulled into combat... unless... unless you shoot them. Upon shooting them I got my arse handed to me, as one should if waking the dragons.

I now have them ignore combat when deactivated, so you should be good now. Well, when it's released.

Pro Tip: the turrets will ignore combat when deactivated, meaning you can shoot them all day long and they won't shoot back. However, the RSM may not think too kindly of Rangers that destroy their property. FYI
icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Something just occurred to me, what site are they using for DRM-free downloads? If it's inXile's own site, that's going to be crushed and raped on September 19th.

kain30

Cipher
only two weeks for the release of wasteland 2 :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom