Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hey, are shotguns still shit in this game? What about Energy or Heavy weapons (and brawling)? Do safes still give random trash?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
There is some pure release date insanity going on right now, the latest release date changes marks 29th August. Source: http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/wasteland-2-pc-game Usually, I would put this down to just normal retail bullshit however I think that's the final price up there.

(also, other sites have started changing to that release date) the other potential date is 19th September, note this is for the retail release. I've asked Brian for a comment on this.

EDIT: Also, according to the rating board Wasteland 2's biggest impact lies in Sex as well as violence. Sex? Really?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
puu.sh/aYTbY/b46f7fdeb1.png, cropped for privacy. Also, Fargo did mention in a video with joysitq that there would be a "soft release date of September 16th." So I'm guessing this is just a build up to retail.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Actually, it turns out they were going to upload a new manual or something, but somebody screwed up.

GOOD THING I'M AROUND TO NOTICE THESE THINGS HUH INXILE

nm, not an actual fuckup

In other news, Chris Avellone is now to be addressed as Abigail Avellone

Sounds like it might be a retailer, actually. In that case, it's Deep Silver's business. The game still might come out earlier than that digitally. But we'll see

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Brother None, when do we get to see the kickstarter boxed copy. The plebs got their "ranger edition", I need to see my special, big box super edition!

Darkzone

Arcane
Since my birthday is in mid september, i would state that Wasteland will be released on my birthday, or shortly after.... What an incident. 1/52 chance.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
UPDATE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/959721

Releasing September 19 & Shipping Info Deadlines

Hello Rangers!

It took a while to get every moving part settled down whether it was physical boxes or waiting on ratings from different agencies, but now we're finally ready to name a solid, final release date: Wasteland 2 will be coming your way September 19th!

We won't be sitting on our hands until that date. While the disc gold master is done and set, it's all hands on deck for the day 1 version and we're working hard to ensure that is the best version of the game possible. Bug-hunting and balance passes are our major focus in the month leading up to release.

With the ship date closing in it is now vital to ensure your reward and shipping info are up to date on your Ranger Center account. Log in (or activate your account here). Check under the Rewards tab and verify your reward choice (it is possible no reward choice has been input so please check this), we will lock reward choices on Monday 25th of August.

If you're receiving physical goods, check your address listing and click the confirm button to lock and confirm your address with us. The deadline for updating your shipping info is one week from now: Wednesday 27th of August. If you do not have any info listed or need to make changes after that date we will not be able to ship the game to you in the first batch. Please check your Ranger Center info as soon as possible, if you have any more questions don't hesitate to contact us there.

Late Backer Store Closing
As part of our locking up for shipping, we will be closing the late backer store next week on Monday. Last chance to back this game and grab this style of big box!

Our compatriots
First and foremost our congratulations to our brothers and sisters at Obsidian on the successful launch of their Pillars of Eternity backer beta.It's been great to see people happy about another Kickstarter's course and we've certainly been enjoying playing it here!

Speaking of fellow Kickstarters we wanted to give a shoutout to Hard West, an interesting wild west turn-based squad tactical combat game reminiscent of X-Com. It's looking great, with two weeks more to go on their Kickstarter, so give them a look!

In other news
President Matt Findley, designer Chris Avellone and I have all been on the road all over the world showing Wasteland 2. You can find links to various interviews, previews and video coverage here, here, here and here.

We also release some juicy screenshots of the LA section of the game which you can findhere.

Brian Fargo,
Leader inXile

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom