Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
The Beta is here! Let the butthurt begin. :)

:bounce:

ibxQhoxSq143gv.jpg

I think this image has been around the internet for a lot longer than I have.

himmy

Arcane
I am looking forward to this thread degenerating into 30 pages of unbridled emotions from all across the spectrum in the next 24 hours.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
RECOMMENDED SPECS

These will change over the course of development as we optimize the game.

Windows 7/8

3.0 GHz i5

8 GB RAM

Direct X 9.0c Compatible Video Card

1GB VRAM

Direct X Compatible Sound Card

20 GB HD Space

:hmmm:

(I meet those just fine, I just think it's weird this janky-looking thing has greater requirements than better-looking console ports)

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
U serious? I payed 65$ (50+15) and I don't get a beta access? Because of 5$? U serious?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
U serious? I payed 65$ (50+15) and I don't get a beta access? Because of 5$? U serious?

In that case, I'd like to pay $10 for everything in the world that costs $15, thx

Maybe I will explain this way, so you can understand. The thing is that backers that took the 55$ tier got beta access. I have the 50$, but I have 15$ for international shipping, so 65$.

Monad

Learned
Havoc Ya, you had to get the digital version in order to get the beta, if you wanted the boxed copy you're shit out of luck.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Key does not appear on my ranger center page :(
You have to go to the Donations section.

That's where I am : kickstarter pledge + paypal beta donation = no key... :rage:

We believe this is fixed now. PM me or Brother None and let us know if it is still affecting you.

RECOMMENDED SPECS

These will change over the course of development as we optimize the game.

Windows 7/8

3.0 GHz i5

8 GB RAM

Direct X 9.0c Compatible Video Card

1GB VRAM

Direct X Compatible Sound Card

20 GB HD Space

(I meet those just fine, I just think it's weird this janky-looking thing has greater requirements than better-looking console ports)

Min specs are significantly lower and will be publicized shortly, though the game won't necessarily run well at anything higher than the lowest quality settings and resolutions at min specs until we complete our optimizations which will occur after early beta.

Last edited:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Just reading over the reference card provided, the "press Z to highlight" and "Dismiss Party Member" features were not in the build I last played. Must have been added in the last 2ish days. Neato.

I should go sleep. But I will probalby stay here. Wait like a spoiled kid for someone to post his impression. But when somene finally downloads, play and care to post something I will decide to go to bed, exhausted from lack of sleep and overexcitment. I am overexcitted already. I actually barely can feel or process anything from overexcitment and my brain regions resnonsible for feeling are already shut down. I feel like a zombie. Maybe InXile and Obsidian are conspiring to make a zombie hord out of us, so it why they 2 very big updates right after another?

Repressed Homosexual
It's like Might and Magic X, which looks pretty bad and runs utterly atrociously even on my 3770K with a Radeon 7970. Unity optimization is absolutely terrible. Not sure there's much inXile can do.

Anyway I haven't pledged enough for beta access, but I prefer not to play incomplete software.

anus_pounder

Arcane
:lol: Should've known...Game is too advance for my shit 'work' laptop. Guess I'll have to wait a week first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom