Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Waste Walkers

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I haven't seen and can't find a thread about it or any mention about it from anyone. It is a good game with a lot of effort to transform it from a rpgmaker game to something unique. I enjoy it. It is a very difficult survival/crafting crpg (not really a rogue like) so that is the best way I can describe it.

It is somewhat interesting in that you are supposed to avoid combat, but the easiest way to get xp and level is combat. Also, at least from how far into I am, healing is hard. Healing items heal like 3% or 5% health so you constantly have to scavenge for health items or mats for creating health items. And when you are low sometimes you need to enter places with mobs and loose more life hoping to get items to replenish life.

I'm not good at the whole running and hiding like a coward thing so I die a lot, and since there are save points my progress has been slow. Save points are any bed. Beds are not really rare, but I am used to hitting f5 every once in a while and not thinking about special saving needs so don't save nearly as often as I should.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/371100/

Its cheap and worth it to check out in my opinion. The 2 hour refund window is more than enough time to figure out if the game is for you or not.

UI is standard rpgmaker annoying tedious console bullshit.

hell bovine

Arcane
I haven't seen and can't find a thread about it or any mention about it from anyone. It is a good game with a lot of effort to transform it from a rpgmaker game to something unique. I enjoy it. It is a very difficult survival/crafting crpg (not really a rogue like) so that is the best way I can describe it.

It is somewhat interesting in that you are supposed to avoid combat, but the easiest way to get xp and level is combat. Also, at least from how far into I am, healing is hard. Healing items heal like 3% or 5% health so you constantly have to scavenge for health items or mats for creating health items. And when you are low sometimes you need to enter places with mobs and loose more life hoping to get items to replenish life.

I'm not good at the whole running and hiding like a coward thing so I die a lot, and since there are save points my progress has been slow. Save points are any bed. Beds are not really rare, but I am used to hitting f5 every once in a while and not thinking about special saving needs so don't save nearly as often as I should.

Its cheap and worth it to check out in my opinion. The 2 hour refund window is more than enough time to figure out if the game is for you or not.

I had a quick peek at some videos, looks really interesting, so thanks for the rec!
Could you write more about the character creation system and how combat works? I actually thought the blue MP bar was for magic points (since it's blue :P), but it's morale, that apparently you loose whenever your toon dies?

Roqua

Prospernaut

I had a quick peek at some videos, looks really interesting, so thanks for the rec!
Could you write more about the character creation system and how combat works? I actually thought the blue MP bar was for magic points (since it's blue :P), but it's morale, that apparently you loose whenever your toon dies?

Char creation is you pick a background and have some stats. Attributes are small, and you don't get much. You also have a skill point type system where you buy abilities or passives (like evade increase, etc). The active abilities use the blue I think. I only use the default as I have just been buying passives so have never used a special ability. Combat is good for an rpgmaker game, but is nothing to write home about for two reasons - so far it has been single character for me, and even the best single character TB combat will never be more than decent in my opinion (such as AoD, which is probably the most decent, but still not nearly as good as 3 or more person party with magic or magic like tech to have more options, etc). Second, it is made to be avoided so if you are someone who has a hard time avoiding combat like me getting killed a lot gets annoying.

I looked at it for a bit. But it's standard RPG Maker stuff.

Well, you do sound like an expert. Please, tell me what standard rpgmaker stuff does it have?

Roqua

Prospernaut
I looked at it for a bit. But it's standard RPG Maker stuff.

Well, you do sound like an expert. Please, tell me what standard rpgmaker stuff does it have?

Well, for one, it was created in rpgmaker. It has the standard rpgmaker interfaces. It has the standard rpgmaker graphics. It's pretty much standard rpgmaker stuff.

It certainly does have the standard rpgmaker interface and graphics, and it was definitely made in rpgmaker. The rpgmaker UI is awful and a true travesty, but the game, rpg systems, and mechanics are nothing like any other rpgmaker game at all.

hell bovine

Arcane
Char creation is you pick a background and have some stats. Attributes are small, and you don't get much. You also have a skill point type system where you buy abilities or passives (like evade increase, etc). The active abilities use the blue I think. I only use the default as I have just been buying passives so have never used a special ability. Combat is good for an rpgmaker game, but is nothing to write home about for two reasons - so far it has been single character for me, and even the best single character TB combat will never be more than decent in my opinion (such as AoD, which is probably the most decent, but still not nearly as good as 3 or more person party with magic or magic like tech to have more options, etc). Second, it is made to be avoided so if you are someone who has a hard time avoiding combat like me getting killed a lot gets annoying.
It's fine with me if a survival RPG isn't focus on combat. I'll give it a check once I have time for playing again. :)
PS. I've read somewhere that you can remove or reduce the fog of war? That's the only thing that I've dislike in the LP videos; I don't mind a limited sight radius, but maybe not so much as here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom