Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Warmachine: Tactics

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Maybe if you gib dewritos :M

Disgruntled

Savant
Most codexers should get past the wonky UI. Warmachine deserves more attention for bringing such a detailed tabletop game to the PC.
I hope it can survive through this lull in popularity cause the spit and polish would not be difficult to get right with time.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Quick question, can I setup games with specific individuals online via hosting/port forwarding?

Finding the answer to this question has proven surprisingly difficult.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Isn't this supposed to be released? Then why does my freshly installed Steam version tell me it's version 0.9.whatever?

Disgruntled

Savant
They've released a couple of patches for performance and bugfixing. Its a lot smoother now, especially when moving units. There is no pause and facing can be adjusted on the fly instead of separate action.
Havent got the chance to finish the campaign but its pretty straightforward from the few missions ive done, still a game you buy for the multiplayer.

The lack of reviews is a mixed blessing, they get no coverage but its bought them time to make these user friendly fixes.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is this game worth 20 euro in the current steam sale?

How is the multiplayer? fully customizable armies or bust.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
tried to play a lil bit

the combat system looks great, but visually the game looks like shitty clay with ugly textures on my PC

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
tried to play a lil bit
visually the game looks like shitty clay with ugly textures on my PC
To have normal (relatively) graphics you have to choose DX10 in game launcher.

Anyway, I played 3 campaign missions and 1 skirmish. The game is not finished for sure. Performance is bad. Camera is bad. AI is bad. etc.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
I do not know what happened, but the game's peice on Ru Steam increased almost three times. It was 799, now it is 2200.:retarded:

Disgruntled

Savant
The addition of mercs has changed the dynamics quite a bit in multiplayer. More or less every faction now has access to a toolbox of special skills with the new units. Gasmask dude is practically an auto-include for every list with his ability to stop a warjacking making an attack after moving. Sniper dude has crazy accuracy and shoots twice if you keep him in a single spot. Crossbow girl all but cripples the opponents spells and his warjacks if she lands a focus draining shot on his warcaster.

Scenarios and advance deployment has been added as well so you have to plan accordingly or risk losing by point captures.

Pretty fun and the update plans are healthy.
https://trello.com/b/32ZRQmwv/warmachine-tactics
https://trello.com/b/32ZRQmwv/warmachine-tactics

https://trello.com/b/E0g895g1/warmachine-tactics-units

I think the single player did more harm than good cause its getting most of the bad reviews. You are better served ignoring it altogether.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom