Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Warmachine: Tactics

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
You know, there are also new updates about the game. Well, sort of.

I couldn't be arsed to shift through all of them, the others might show more gameplay.

Sadly, not much gameplay to be seen in the other videos. Video 2 is the only good bit of gameplay. We'll have to wait.

Zetor

Arcane
Beta has started now -- anyone in? Open beta is supposed to start in early-mid July, though I don't know what that means exactly (early access maybe).

They also released some tutorial videos that show off gameplay:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think they picked the block display for HP for the sole reason that it's what Warmachine unit stat cards use.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But it seems like it's just one big pool of hp. Not separate HP for torso/left arm/right arm :(

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
But it seems like it's just one big pool of hp. Not separate HP for torso/left arm/right arm :(
Arc Node/Cortex/Movement/Weapon (location)/Field Generator system boxes you mean. Actually, given that they have the box display for hp, they may actually yet implement system crippling for Warjacks.

See, in Warmachine location damage and hp are not completely separated for each location. Instead, the 'jack's hit point boxes are divided into six columns, with the bottom of each containing various system crippling damage boxes, so a Warjack will suffer various types of crippled systems before it's totaled (since all of its hp needs to be depleted for that to happen; damage to an already filled column is always filled to the next empty box column on its right, with full column 6 filling into column 1). The column hit is decided with a simple roll of a d6 and there are no additional tables to consult, so it's a very fast and intuitive system to use on tabletop.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
At first I was like:

:greatjob:

Then I saw that it was 65$ and I was like:

:keepmymoney:

I am super, super excited about this, but I will have to wait for the reviews... mainly the Codex review.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
$65? Fucking PUHLEEASE. I wouldn't even pay that much for a proper 1:1 TT 40k sim, with all races and units including Forgeworld stuff, much less a Warmachine one with altered rules*, made by some no-name developer.

*"Another fairly big change is that damage to war jacks doesn't disable systems. In this game a war jack with 1 point of health left will still have all its weapons and the ability to move."

*"There is no army painter in the game now, options are fairly limited at this point. There is no army building either, each of the four initial factions has a pre-set battle group that you get."

*"buffs/debuffs don't affect them as much since there is no "unit" structure and they only target one model."

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Anyone try this on Steam early access?

It's set in the world of Iron Kingdoms. It's a $65 EA though. Currently it only has one map. :x

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
It's set in the Iron Kingdoms universe. Not sure if it uses rules from the rpg or the mini game. Units are named the same though.

Scowlie

Literate
Anyone try this on Steam early access?

It's set in the world of Iron Kingdoms. It's a $65 EA though. Currently it only has one map. :x
Hard to imagine too many people are going to be trying it with that preposterous price. The reviews on Steam make it clear the game's not ready to be sold at all, let alone for $65. I'm bitter about this because I find it a very intriguing game. I've looked at those steampunk robot miniatures in the nerd store many times and thought, "nifty!" But $65? Even if it shapes up to be great, won't they severely limit their sales with that pricing? I don't get it.

Branm

Learned
Eh just leech it? Its already on my private torrent site so shouldnt be hard to find...

Either way....$65 way too much....Especially considering its not a 100% faithful copy of the tabletop game...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
ITT: Retards who haven't seen kickstarter games on early access priced the same as an alpha/beta backer tier during the KS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom