Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlords

Misconnected

Savant
Anyone know where to get a copy of Warlords 2 or 3? I never played the latter, but I played the hell out of Warlords 2 back in the day, and Warlords 3 looks near identical.

EDIT: mind that I do not mean the Battlecry series.

The soundrack to RoH is just too good...

The original CD even had the music tracks tagged. I think this one is called "War's End / Sorrow's Beginning".

"Holy Psalm"

nostalgiatears.gif

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Warlords 3 is one of the best turn based strategies ever and epithome of the series, there is nothing wrong with the game, 10/10. After 4 it went downhill.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Warlords 3 was my first introduction to these types of games, after a "Game of the Year" award from Computer Gaming World(RIP) magazine got me interested. What an awesome game. They had also recommended Myth previously. Back when game journalists weren't complete shit.

catfood

AGAIN
Warlords 3 was my first introduction to these types of games, after a "Game of the Year" award from Computer Gaming World(RIP) magazine got me interested. What an awesome game. They had also recommended Myth previously. Back when game journalists weren't complete shit.
To be fair games used to be good as well.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm surprised they didn't jump on the kickstarter bandwagon with Warlords. I wouldn't even care if they had to make it Lordwars because someone else owns the IP (Ubisoft? I don't know), a proper sequel to Darklords is way overdue.

I always loved that MP games in Warlords actually got finished more often than not (unlike most games of HoMM I've played, 20+ min turns are not fun).

Battlecry was alright, only the graphics always rubbed me the wrong way. Having the arts from 3 alongside ugly plasticky sprites was really shitty.

Fawkner and Co. were making pretty good money with Puzzle Quest stuff. He even hinted at new Warlords games multiple times. Last thing I think he mentioned a new RTS game but that was a while back too...

Both DLR/RoH seem to work just fine on Windows 7 (if you install it on a diff OS and use -wincursor when launching the .exe)
These Russkies seem to be into PBEM shit: http://lastcitadel.ru/Downloads.aspx
You can download DLR (without the music CD).

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Darklords along with HoMM 3 is like the holy duo of late 90's turn based games.

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
https://af.gog.com/game/warlords_i_ii?as=1649904300

vbBwdBT.jpg

bzL7bIS.jpg

Still as awesome as I remembered it.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom