Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlords 2 Classic - Rebalanced Army, New Maps, & a Modification Guide

Greetings, Warlords!

jGDeuyt.png

Here is a download for the classic strategy game Warlords 2 custom maps and a three rebalanced custom army sets (1 for AI solo play, 1 for human vs. human, 1 for ancient greek mythology).

Protip: Here is a place that might show just how easy it is to get Warlords 2 and the Scenario Editor files

I've always loved this game and have been editing it on and off over the last 8 years.

Why You Should Play
For some reason, I still have not encountered a game like this (including Warlords 3!) where you might start out with a place that creates units unavailable to others, but if anyone takes over another city, you can produce the units that are made there. It's just a better strategy experience, in my opinion. Even better, the skills of the units are somehow simple but they combine to make the complexity that is surprisingly great.

And with all this stuff, you can make your own map and armies easily, it's pretty baller.
(you can download the game and scenario editor easily online)

The ReadMe file is ReadMe for Incarnations.txt

My favorite map has each faction as an incarnation from the Incarnations of Immortality series. So one area is death, another is hell, another is heaven, and time, and fate, etc.

The army sets have some new skill combinations, and there is one skill that you can add via the scenario editor that wasn't put in the original armies.

Included are files that change aspects of the map, and info files on the game

The original game and the Scenario Editor (very cool) are available on abandonware sites and Bob Heeter's warlords page. Because the original game isn't included you'll have to add in the scenarios yourself unless the scenario editor finds them when you install it. See the readme for details. (You play it on DosBox)

In the future I'll include more of my maps and excel files to easily view the army stats, and files for editing the game

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-2.png

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like your enthusiasm but you should probably find somewhere else to post that download link

I like your enthusiasm but you should probably find somewhere else to post that download link
I don't see it in the rules, what do I need to do? If I only include my created files maybe?

EDIT: Ok I removed all the vapourware from SSG but I kept the custom-made programs created by other random people available on Bob Heeter's page.

Last edited:
An Ancient Greek Mythology Map and Editing Guide

1zGGfZp.png

I've updated the link to have a map of mythological ancient greece, and a folder of information on how to edit the game. In there is a "tips for noobs" file for gameplay tips and "Warlords 2 Important Notes" for details on how to modify the game. Here are the introductory pcitures:

TdYyT5L.jpg

0kdrNYR.jpg

VOt9E3g.jpg

FKpNCrq.jpg

lh3URrb.jpg

yRxO5FH.jpg

2SBR1FA.jpg

h6D00vR.jpg

WGvzQLJ.jpg

vhycGbn.jpg

985fGed.jpg

KohoNgL.jpg

XEI4SUA.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom