Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlock Master of the Arcane - Fantasy Civ5 clone from Paradox

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Almost nada information so far, but here's the teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcLjeeB3Cc&feature=player_embedded

There are hexes visible, but that's about it for known features. They haven't even said if it's turn based or real time. Still reason enough to be somewhat optimistic, since the title suggests that they are targeting MoM fans, and Paradox takes strategy games seriously.

Edit: facebook page here, with some more info and concept art: http://www.facebook.com/WarlockMasteroftheArcane
Turn based confirmed. :incline:

Fens

Ford of the Llies
shomeone ish trying too hard to shound like sean connery

game looks promising... not holding my breath, though

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That trailer is lulzy but I like the emphasis put on hexes.

"And so be it! Warlock - Master of the Arcane will be 4x TBS in the fantasy world of Ardania. There will be 4 standard map size available from small to huge. And speaking of MoM, we are getting lots of inspiration from that great game of old." - quoted from their forum from the developer of the game.

I am going to watch this one closer.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
JohnTheRevelator said:
So its based on lore from Majesty? They even have voice actor from it.

Anyway
I am going to watch this one closer.

Its set in Ardania so yes, lore from Majesty. I must say I like this choice, Ardania had fun magic system and I liked spells too.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
At least it can't be worse than fucking Elemental: War of Magic.

Warlock

Novice
Yes, I am truly the master of the arcane! :obviously:

:smug:

Finally something to look forward to. Considering huge Elemental turd. Hopefully it won't suck! :bounce:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Spectacle said:
Wish there was a screen of a tactical battle, assuming there are any.
I don't think so. Looks like units will fight on main map like in Fantasy Wars.

Mortmal

Arcane
I am trying hard to not get my hopes up, i remmber too wellt he huge disapointment elemental was.But well its paradox,they dedit damn good games, europa universalis, victoria...

kris

Arcane
Mortmal said:
I am trying hard to not get my hopes up, i remmber too wellt he huge disapointment elemental was.But well its paradox,they dedit damn good games, europa universalis, victoria...

But won't do this. Just publish.

Renegen

Arcane
Hamster said:
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Is a Paradox developed or published?
Developer is Ino-Co, russian studio that made Fantasy Wars and Majesty 2.

I liked Fantasy Wars, but Majesty 2 was disappointing, i hope they will not fuck this up.

Screens:

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/warlock_master_of_the_arcane/399096#show

At least they have good credentials. I loved Fantasy Wars, and Majesty 2 was an attempted reboot of a classic game. Overall the studio is bro-approved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom