Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40k: Regicide aka W40K Chess

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Oh God, why does it keep happening?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Watched that promo vid and ugh, the dumbest thing here is the choice of enemeis. I understand that w40k fluff is deliberately over the top retarded, but still, fucking space marines are supposed to be fighting orks at 1 to 1000 power discrepancy. Making them die one on one easily is just fucking stupid. Maybe a one to dozen is a saner ratio here, but still, you get my point. It's just dumbfuck. Sure, the orks are big and green and shit, but how does that beat the fucking power armor, the holy bolter, the blessed chainsword & shit?

It's just the wrong kind of foes. Necrons would've worked (but they're not are as marketable), eldar aspects would've worked, dark eldar elites would've worked, CSM is the easiest choice here, but no, they have to do this orkish faggotry (probably for the sake of publicity).

Would have worked if Orcs were put against IG though... but not those capitalist swines had to put FAGGIT SPACEH MEHRINES for Greater Good more sales, well thanks Emprah they are not Smurfs or Gay Knights; and how this shit can put as Mature with straight face?

:badnews:
Game over Komrade, Game over.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game is on Steam Early Access now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322910/

It includes a classic "chess" mode and people seem to like the game. Maybe it's worth the 15$, but it looks like a game, I'd rather play on a tablet.

Also new first look:

And another first look:

She calls herself "Cat Codex" :D on Steam, and she seems to be a genuine, nice person on the forums. I might get the game.

Last edited:

Disgruntled

Savant
Yea it looks a treat to burn 30 minutes on the shitter. But $15 can go far elsewhere.
Ill keep an eye out for a sale.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Original is still best
battle_chess-7.gif

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game has been released now and is 15% off.

Those girls made a pretty bloody game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I played this for a bit.

The way it works is that you have the chess rules: units move and capture just like you would expect, and each player takes turns moving one out of all units. But on top of that, after you move you have the "initiative phase". In this phase all units have access to shooting, point blank shooting and other abilities. You get 3 points per turn, which are spent to activate unit abilities or command abilities (of which you pick 4 out of 12).

So far it seems pretty interesting. The additional stuff does add some new strategic considerations.

My only major complaint so far is the walking animation speed. You can skip it (in fact all animations seem to be skippable), but even so, I don't see why stuff moves at a glacial pace.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom