Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40k: Regicide aka W40K Chess

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Because why not?

http://warhammer40kchess.com/

Sydney – April 21st, 2014 – Hammerfall Publishing in association with Games Workshop has announced “Warhammer®40,000: Chess – Angels of Death” coming to multiple gaming platforms in 2014. Set in the Warhammer®40,000 universe, Angels of Death brings the iconic Games Workshop IP together with one of the most popular board-games of all time.

“The game has gone beyond the standard boundaries of chess to revolutionize the way the it is seen” said Cathrin Machin, the Project Lead at Hammerfall Publishing. “In creating the ground-breaking new Codex chess engine, the campaign mode represents a world-first in strategy gaming”.

Players can choose from both single and multiplayer modes with an enthralling Blood Angels story driven campaign, written by Games Workshop published author Ross Watson, along with levels created by highly rated Grandmaster chess champion GM Zhao Zong-Yuan.

“When this game was envisaged, it was like two worlds which belonged together had collided.” Said Cathrin. “The game honours the sheer brutality of the Warhammer®40,000 universe. It has hundreds of merciless kill and death animations that were created in a state-of-the-art motion capture studio utilizing military trained fight and stunt choreographers. Angels of Death combines this exciting feature along with environments, weapons, and upgradeable characters which have been meticulously crafted by some of the industry’s leading artists.”

On the same day, Hammerfall Publishing have released a cinematic teaser trailer for the Warhammer®40,000 : Chess – Angels of Death game, created by renowned cinematic studio Plastic Wax. Having created nearly every Warhammer®40,000 game trailer in the past decade, Plastic Wax felt right at home harnessing the game’s 3D characters to create a dramatic teaser trailer to announce the title.

“We have a great respect for Games Workshop” said Tyrone Maddams, Creative Director at Plastic Wax. “It was paramount that we created a cinematic which not only represented the quality of the game, but also did justice to The IP.”

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't even. Is Games Workshop struggling to stay afloat or something?

We get all THIS, but an Inquisitor(Dark Heresy?) RPG? An Only War squad tactics?
That Space Wolf game best get released soon.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
wtf hammerfall publishing

1000x1000.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is the George Lucas working in GW or what? New games from WH40k comes, nothing that fans wanted.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
1m late :smug:

Honestly, GW just whoring out their IP to anyone in small doses is fine by me, so long as it leads to mroe stuff like Warhammer Quest and Mordheim.

edit: Also this should go in GRPG because that's what Chess is.
Chess doesn't have stats :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since they're designing "levels", it sounds like it might not be exactly a standard chess game. So maybe it needs to be moved to Strategy.

Eyeball

Arcane
Gays Whoreshop have a load of excellent licenses that are still worth quite a bit of cash.

Why are 3/4ths of the games they release shovelware? Do they not care about their brand at all?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Of course they do care about their brands.

It's the exact same love as Bobby Kotick has for all of the brands and franchises he owns.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Of course they do care about their brands.

It's the exact same love as Bobby Kotick has for all of the brands and franchises he owns.

Not exactly a proper comparison. Kotick doesn't throw the Call of Duty license at shovelware developers worldwide (although there have been some crappy mobile CoDs)

These European PnP license holders are quite clueless, although their shotgun approach to licensing is still better than what Hasbro is doing with D&D (ie, practically nothing)

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
TBH, considering 7ed comes out not even 2 years after the release of first (and that their money-grabbing attempts become more and more desperate with each passing year), perhaps they aren't doing financially well enough so that they have to reserve to crap like that. Good fucking riddance, though, perhaps if they pop the franchise will fall in some actually competent hands (fat chance).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

This is so bizarre. I kind of want to pay up just for the sheer insanity factor. (AND A T-SHIRT!)

EDIT: also it has a website http://www.warhammer40kregicide.com/

Apparently it has 2 modes: regular chess with AWESOME KILLING MOVES and also the mode where you can throw grenades and stuffies.

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Developer
Watched that promo vid and ugh, the dumbest thing here is the choice of enemeis. I understand that w40k fluff is deliberately over the top retarded, but still, fucking space marines are supposed to be fighting orks at 1 to 1000 power discrepancy. Making them die one on one easily is just fucking stupid. Maybe a one to dozen is a saner ratio here, but still, you get my point. It's just dumbfuck. Sure, the orks are big and green and shit, but how does that beat the fucking power armor, the holy bolter, the blessed chainsword & shit?

It's just the wrong kind of foes. Necrons would've worked (but they're not are as marketable), eldar aspects would've worked, dark eldar elites would've worked, CSM is the easiest choice here, but no, they have to do this orkish faggotry (probably for the sake of publicity).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ork nobs are about equal to space marines aren't they? Not in training and gear, but otherwise.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Well, in the fluff - not really, in the rulesets - nobs are even better than both casual SMs and SM sergeants. But most of the orkz there are too scrawny to be nobz, besides, it's not like an orky force can be comprised of 100% nobz.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Ups, I forgot to un-stick it after the merge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom